Vote for your favorite collectibles in the first ever Freaky Awards!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
FreakyAwards_logo.jpg

Welcome to the first ever Freaky Awards!
You can vote on your favorite collectibles from last year. If your favorite isn't on the list of nominees it was because the forum members didn't nominate it. Go vote now!

Follow the link to vote:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/freakyawards

The results have been tabulated and our esteemed accountants from Ernest & Ernester have given me the envelopes for the winners of the coveted Freaky Awards. With no monologue or opening song from NPH here are the results:

Best 1:6 Figure
No surprise that all of our top 3 came from Hot Toys, although I thought maybe Tyrion, Harry Potter, or General Grievous would make a showing. And it was something of a surprise that with all the complaints about diecast being a fad or not worth the extra expense, our top 2 were both classified as “diecast” by Hot Toys.
In 3rd place we have a tie with 11% of the vote each – Hot Toys Batman ’66 and Hot Toys Battle damaged T-800.
In 2nd place with nearly 15% comes the diecast Hot Toys Robocop.
In 1st place with over 17% of the vote is Hot Toys Iron Man 3 – Mark XLII (diecast)

Best female 1:6
Not a lot of competition here, but no surprise that Hot Toys Black Widow from Captain America: Winter Solider took the top prize with 55% of voters.
For 2nd place Sideshow made a good showing with their first 1:6 DC character – Harley Quinn laughing up 28% of voters.
3rd place – Sideshow Baroness with 11%

Best 1:6 line in 2014
Perhaps I should have broken this down more, but Hot Toys Marvel was voted in by 55% of the those responding. Hot Toys Batman ’66 at 13% and nothing else broke 10%. I imagine if HT would put out more Batman ’66 figures it would give Marvel a run for their money.

Most anticipated 1:6.
This category surprised me a bit. I think everyone is looking forward to Hot Toys Chewbacca, but he only came in 2nd with 18% of the vote. In third place was Thanos with 16%. In top place was our HIGHLY anticipated teen time traveler – Hot Toys Marty McFly with 24% of the vote.

Best statue over 1:6 scale
This really shocked me mainly because of all the complaining about our top contender. All of the top 3 were Sideshow Premium Formats. In 3rd place – Mignola Hellboy at 16%. 2nd place was Gladiator Hulk at 17% and in top place with 20% of voters liking Sideshow Batman (comic version) Premium Format the best of the year.

Best prop replica
I know that this forum doesn't really attract a lot of prop collectors, but this category also surprised me a bit. The top winner wasn't even on my radar, but then I’m not a big game player. Also I’m not sure how many people actually own the top winner here, it’s a pretty expensive piece.
In 3rd place with 16% is the QMx Firefly cutaway model.
2nd place goes to the Sideshow Predator Biomask with 22% of the vote.
And in 1st place – Triforce’s Batman:Arkham City Batarang hitting its mark with 28% of the voters.

Best statue 1:6 scale or smaller
Not a small statue by any means, but still qualified for this category because the figures are smaller than 1:6 scale – in 3rd place ARH Conan the Sacrifice/Snake & Slave Girl with 17% of the vote.
In 2nd place – Weta’s Azog on Warg from The Hobbit.
And in 1st place – DC Collectibles Harley Quinn from the Batman Black & White series with 27%.

Thanks to everyone who voted and this will grow next year with more categories, and perhaps an actual trophy for the winners.

Agreed about the Batman PF, the Superman PF was one of their best PF's in many years...it's basically flawless & a great representation of the character.

Back