Vlad the impaler pf !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes! My poor Vlad... finally his curse against him :D

1sml3b.jpg

Thought I'd bump this up as I'll get my final flex payment processed this week and figured I'm not the only one that is FINALLY getting this guy soon :rock

Got mine today #44, everything looks pretty good. I didnt really get a chance to put it together because I was on my way out to work when the Fedex guy showed up. I just took out the heads to look at them really quick and I already have an issue. The head without the helmet has its pupils painted on in two different directions....looks like hes got a lazy eye. The base and body also feel extremely light. The base feels totally hallow and vlad himself feels like a plastic doll. The other head looks fine though, I'll post pics when I get home tonight.

Chris

Excellent PF, much like Blackbeard; he ranks among the best of any that Sideshow has done.

The weathering is really impressive, the mud effect is quite good.

The only issue I have with mine is getting the head over the cape, I had to pull it down in the back a bit to allow for his hair.

Minor though, I really like this one. :clap

He's flawless, IMO, which is one of the reasons I bought him. Great detail and weathering and I'm not complaining about the paint job either..which is always a sticking point for me with Sideshow. I'm very happy with him.

Got him yesterday as well. I am a little disapointed the two heads have the same skintone though. The Vampire head should have been much paler like the prototype. Now its just wether you want him with the hat or helmet on. Without the paler skin its harder to notice the vampireness from a short distance.

Other than that, he is great. A shame this is still available, same with Blackbeard. The Live by the Sword PF line might only get those two guys as well :lol

Finally opend mine last night, im fairly happy with it. I wont make a big deal about the normal head with the lazy eye because I dont think I will ever display it with that head. Overall its pretty good, the only thing that buggs me a little is the quality/material of his staff. It feels like its made of balsa wood. Its feather light and really flimsy, but im not gonna send it back because of that. I do wish though they made it of polystone or metal like the flag pole. But owell.....overall 7.5/10.

Some crappy shots with my cell...

Chris

Odd, the flagpole on mine is metal :lol, with a little felt circle on the bottom.

:dunno

No..im saying the pole in his left hand is metal. But the saff in his right hand is made of cheap plastic.

Chris

Gotcha, the mace yeah it's plastic; but most PFs have swords etc made that way.

There for a second I thought mine was an exclusive variant. :slap :lol

I agree that the mace could have been made of sturdier materials. But aside from that the piece is outstanding.

Got a frame that fits the Exlusive Art Print perfectly from Ikea! Its called "FJÄLLSTA." Its 11 3/4" x 15 3/4" (30 cm x 40cm). The print is 11 1/2" x 15 1/2" so its like Sideshow made it to fit this frame exactly. With all of us using detolfs for our other items, maybe Sideshow does shop around Ikea for sizes?

And best of all, the frame is cheap! $15! And it looks great too! Now my print is being proudly displayed on my wall :rock

Think Vlad will make appearance in my home (outside of the collectible castle) for Halloween. :horror

Got him yesterday as well. I am a little disapointed the two heads have the same skintone though. The Vampire head should have been much paler like the prototype. Now its just wether you want him with the hat or helmet on. Without the paler skin its harder to notice the vampireness from a short distance.

Other than that, he is great. A shame this is still available, same with Blackbeard. The Live by the Sword PF line might only get those two guys as well :lol

I hope we get more Live by the Sword PFs. Blackbeard is one of SS best IMO and from the pics Vlad looks to be a great one too. I'll definitely be adding Vlad to my collection.

Back