Vinyl Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
27750309_10155756095039821_6498431873661518403_n.jpg

I'm a Belle & Sebastian fanatic. They released three excellent EPs on vinyl over the last three months. Great, great stuff. But now they're putting all the songs on ONE CD. No big deal, but the Japanese CD has an exclusive bonus track! ARGH! I hate that. I want, no...I NEED that song....but damn it, I don't wanna buy an overpriced Japanese CD!! But how can I ever sleep again knowing there's a new B&S studio track out there I don't have??

OH, and while I'm here....anyone lucky enough to pick up the two limited AKIRA soundtrack LPs?

I got the boring old regular one but missed the limited "cool" ones. You bet your butt that haunts me at night too.

red record 3.jpg
newbury's vinyl 3.jpg

It's hard not getting caught up in colored vinyl. There are quite a few Ghost records I still need to get, but the timing of sales is never good for me. :lol

This is my first white vinyl. Man it looks great! It also allowed me to see that my carbon brush is losing hairs when I use it. I couldn’t see them on my black records.

ca9498bf04d5daed5b9bb899816b0d7d.jpg

bb93611bace2a719bd9e14679f9f85d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. It's become by new big dream. My old big dream was having reissues of all three OT soundtracks with original art, but Disney killed that. I may have to consider the box set now, but I wasn't really interested in the PT albums.

Oh man....they reissued Pink Floyd's "Pulse" on LP. My brother is gonna be mad. He has the original from 1995 and it was worth big bucks. Now it's gonna plummet in value.

I guess that's the nature of collecting vinyl though....constant reissues.

I just bought this.

I have no idea who the artist is, or the song, and I can tell you now I'll never listen to it. I bought it simply cause one of my favorite artists (Hisashi Eguchi) drew the cover.

It's "limited" so it might even be worth something someday. But it was $20 for a 7 inch. Ouch. Oh well....it's still awesome. Vinyl just feels awesome.

Dm0MNsuV4AARNYR.jpg large.jpg

I've been a rabid Beck fan since 1995. I have all his albums, almost all his single and collaborations. But a few years ago the unthinkable happened: he put out a truly awful album. "Colors" is the audio equivalent of a dying grandfather's rotten diarrhea. I never thought I could hate a Beck album...but there ya go.

Anyway he's back in a few weeks with a new one. The preview tracks so far have been better than Colors, but still nowhere near what he's capable of. It saddens me to see an artist of his talent and caliber reduced to mimicking the garbage that kids like these days in an attempt to stay relevant.

At any rate, I love the cover. I'm seriously debating buying the LP for the cover alone. Certainly wouldn't be the first time I've done that.

Beck Hyperspace.jpg

And about half a year after I posted that, I DID go ahead and buy Hyperspace on vinyl. Two in fact...one red and one clear.

Hyperspace vinyl (1).jpg
Hyperspace vinyl (2).jpg

And just arriving today is Belle & Sebastian's debut Tigermilk....reissue on baby blue vinyl limited to only 700 copies.....VERY COOL.

tmvinyl (2).jpg

last couple of LP's I received were both Damaged courtesy of USPS.Honestly both had tread marks on them.
The very bent one was RUSH 1974 1st Mercury Pressing after the Original Moon Label Pressing.I sent it back unopened.
The second one 1969 Satana Columbia Two Eye Label 1st Pressing with wrong song writng credits and o XSM 139377-A1 Matrix in the deadwax was trashed.And the Grooves were impeccable.Bummer

Attachments

• IMG_4501.JPG
    IMG_4501.JPG
    600.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4536.JPG
    IMG_4536.JPG
    554.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4543.JPG
    IMG_4543.JPG
    910.7 KB · Views: 45
Back