Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got this guy earlier today

DSC000522-1.jpg

granite

DSC000573.jpg

heres an updated group pic of my rock lords

DSC000676.jpg

its an official release its actually the 1st version the adult tygra is 2nd version & the cartoon accurate one

i was never a fan of the Young Tygra, I had the Adult one as a kid and still do!! :rock!

For me, some of it is nostalgia and some of it is because there seems to be more originality in the 80s shows than the newer shows.

And I'm and old fart, so the crap I grew up on will always be better. :lol

Gotta agree with you!
I'm sure there's some cool stuff now, but since I don't watch kids shows, I really don't care! :lol

It really depends on how many figures are mint and complete. You can get mint and complete figures from Rebelscum for $4-5 for most SW figures.

BTW Rich, during SDCC I scored a loose vintage Vader, in very good condition, but with so many bootlegs, and recasts, and restored figures out there, is there a way of knowing you're getting the real deal?
What's your experience on this while putting your Vintage SW collection together?

BTW, have you seen this restoration kits?

https://stores.ebay.com/Beggars-Canyon-Toys?_trksid=p4340.l2563

I'm tempted to get a few of those for my loose figures.
I want to have at least the original 12 figures, but might go for the 24 as shown in the Vinyl Collectors Case poster insert.

BTW Rich, during SDCC I scored a loose vintage Vader, in very good condition, but with so many bootlegs, and recasts, and restored figures out there, is there a way of knowing you're getting the real deal?
What's your experience on this while putting your Vintage SW collection together?

BTW, have you seen this restoration kits?

https://stores.ebay.com/Beggars-Canyon-Toys?_trksid=p4340.l2563

I'm tempted to get a few of those for my loose figures.
I want to have at least the original 12 figures, but might go for the 24 as shown in the Vinyl Collectors Case poster insert.

Rebelscum would know more than me, but unless it's one of the last 16 figures or an often-lost accessory, I don't believe most figures are being bootlegged. I caught the vintage bug earlier this year and have gotten quite a few nice figures from eBay and Rebelscum. I need to get back on that track.

I've seen those restoration kits before and have been tempted by them, but at $10 each, that will sometimes buy 2 figures. :rock

got this guy earlier today

DSC000522-1.jpg

granite

DSC000573.jpg

heres an updated group pic of my rock lords

DSC000676.jpg

Oh man... I hadn't really thought about the Rock Lords in years, those pics take me back... literally to the backwindow of parents car, that's where countless Rock Lord battles went on... man, i hate being an adult! :(

Now to ebay to buy some Rock Lords... thanks frodo! :p

M.

I still have the Leader Rocklord dude minus red gun and that latest one you got there frodo, nice collection..and your pics are making me want to bust open my D62-S Galvatron.

lets put more life hehe

here are some of my other vintage pieces

here are my only rambo figures

DSC00113.jpg

some sw fiigures i got

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

I still need to pick up a Zuckuss (4-Lom... the gray one).

I think it's been a month or so since I've bought any vintage SW figs... well, till today. I picked up a Bespin Han! One of my very favorite figures as a kid... He also doubled as an Indiana Jones for quite some time.

I haven't bought anything since I got the cardboard Death Star. The price did sting some, so that could explain why. :lol

Only vintage purchase recently was the companion version of Ma-Mutt... all other purchases have been modern items.

It's been mostly 1/6th for me. I grabbed a SSC Boushh for $20 the other day on eBay which has me wanting the vintage counterpart now. I'd really like to only have last 17 (I think I need around 9 of them?) figures left to purchase by the time 2012 comes around.

Wow, you have been busy! I still need at least 9 of the final 17 and a few scattered ones from each movie.

here are my only rambo figures

DSC00113.jpg

I used to love these guys, especially the white and black ninjas!

Sweet Star Wars figs too. I'm starting to get the vintage SW itch again myself.

Lately I've been in a mega Thundercat mood. Here's a shot of my miniatures:

TCminis.jpg

Back