Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
super naturals are pretty cool. never had them as a kid but i picked up the set a while back. haven't gotten the vehicles yet.

this is an old pic but i think it's the majority of my MOTU carded figure collection. ill post individual pics over time if you guys wanna see them.

saintsyn, awesome collection. Can I come over and play? :wave

Look Richard, I LOVE the Kenner SW collection. But in terms of overall, design, paint, articulation, vehicles, innovation...ARAH has Kenner beat hands down. You have to respect the JOE line.

I agree that the Joe line had some cool stuff, but I was almost in high school when those toys came out. SW defined my childhood, so I'm bias on the subject. :1-1:

this is an old pic but i think it's the majority of my MOTU carded figure collection. ill post individual pics over time if you guys wanna see them.

:google

I picked up 4 loose 1982 straight-arm Joes today at the flea market for $10!!! Grunt, Short Fuze, Flash and Snake Eyes. The first three are replacements and SE was just too good of a deal, so he's hitting eBay. All tight, complete and minty-mint! Definitely worth the sunburn!

Nice! I probably would have dropped $10 on Short Fuze and Flash's visors alone (my own SF and 82 Hawk are embarrassingly incomplete). And I still need an 82/83 Snake Eyes...

Color me jealous. Awesome find!

Sadl its not all sunshine and puppy dogs in the world of vintage collecting... my Kraken arrived and the f'n right fin is badly cracked and likely going to fall off soon.

And the seller is trying to suggest that because he sold it for so low that a broken fin isn't a big deal :duh When something is described as "excellent" a cracked fin does not fly with me.

We'll see what happens... but the Kraken is still really cool looking :rock

That freaking sucks, GB! And just because something sells for a low price doesn't mean a buyer doesn't have a right to complain when an item isn't as described! :(

That's my point exactly :huh What's great is that in his last reply he tried to suggest that since he knows the value of things I should trust that I got a good deal even if its broken?

One just sold with a broken fin (and honestly better paint) for $113 :lol Kraken on eBay

BTW, do you guys know how shipping works if I end up having to send it back? I think that I'm responsible for shipping (which sucks) but wanted to check that out before countering with this guy.

And I assume I will not get the shipping money back from the first time.

Did he send it UPS? B/c if you didn't break the bar code, they'll send it back with no problems. USPS can be tricky--you might be able to get away with writing "return to sender" on it if you play dumb with the clerk and act like you have know idea where it came from. But you'll probably have to eat shipping on the return trip. I would have said to attempt to get a partial refund, but the guy sounds like a total ******, so I'd want to return it and go full on paypal return with him.

I got those Romando Kinnikumans for $90 BTW.

It was USPS and the dumbass didn't get insurance... although in our conversation he even said the fin was loose before he sent it :huh

So pretty sure he just hoped it would be fine and/or I wouldn't notice. I just checked Paypal's policies and it does look like at the very least I would get my full payment (including shipping) refunded... but would eat the cost of shipping back to him. So worse case I'd likely be out $15-$20... instead of $30 to $40.

I offered to take a partial refund, but I don't think he'll do it.

It was USPS and the dumbass didn't get insurance... although in our conversation he even said the fin was loose before he sent it :huh

So pretty sure he just hoped it would be fine and/or I wouldn't notice. I just checked Paypal's policies and it does look like at the very least I would get my full payment (including shipping) refunded... but would eat the cost of shipping back to him. So worse case I'd likely be out $15-$20... instead of $30 to $40.

I offered to take a partial refund, but I don't think he'll do it.

Sorry to hear that GB, can I ask if your PP account is attached or paid with a CC? If so and it's a VISA you have the right to dispute the transactions as "not as described". Just sayin'. Good luck Joseph!

Sorry to hear that GB, can I ask if your PP account is attached or paid with a CC? If so and it's a VISA you have the right to dispute the transactions as "not as described". Just sayin'. Good luck Joseph!

and was his name "Nick"

evil-squirrel-2-o.gif

Sadly I think on this one I just used my Paypal balance... should get in the habit of only using my CC, but just didn't think it through on this one :cuckoo:

But, I can still file a claim with Paypal and I'm confident I'll at least get my money back.

Mmmmm... shiny :drool

Its funny as a kid I would often see the bull figure in thrift stores and yard sales, but didn't remember he was from the Silverhawks line.

Sadly I only have Monstar and Buzz Saw; but one day I'll have to pick up some more of these.

BTW Zoid, what are you using for risers? Looks pretty good for getting different levels.

Bionic 6 and the LJN WWF Superstars were probally one of the most dangerous toy figures out of the eighties, whipping these at other kids could inflict some serious damage.

BIO6JACK.gif

bio6glove.jpg

Totally forgot about the Bionic 6 as well. Love this thread!

Back