Very Crappy Day, Any Advice?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was it well packed ?????? if not, blame the seller, if it was well packed blame the postal system. it makes things easier when you have someone to blame :dunno

My car was stolen tonight and my estranged GF is being her usual twattish self.

yeh, lifes a b i tch and then you die :mad: smoke pot and drink lots :rock:rock it makes the ride some what easier.

holy cow! sorry to hear about all this bad news Adam and Nicky.

So, what's the deal on the insurance issue? is the seller getting back to you?

Glad to hear that your hicks head was not in the car Nicky... atleast there is some good news!

How much did the Detolf cost you, just out of curiosity?

$150 shipped through Fed-Ex - it was brand new, still in the Ikea box.

holy cow! sorry to hear about all this bad news Adam and Nicky.

So, what's the deal on the insurance issue? is the seller getting back to you?

Glad to hear that your hicks head was not in the car Nicky... atleast there is some good news!

I'll give the seller a few days to respond, they do have 100% positive feedback, so I'm hoping this guy or gal is legit and easy to deal with. If worse comes to worse, and they don't get back to me, I'll be filing a dispute to try and get my money back.

---And as far as packing goes, it was in a brown shipper, and Ikea's regular box - virtually no padding at all, which is how I've been told Ikea themselves always pack it.

I'm not really too steamed, a local place said in 5-10 days they could have me a new hunk of tempered glass, but they wouldn't give me a quote over the phone. I'll wait and see what the seller has to say.

sorry to hear that adam. well, at least ur collectibles themselves weren't damaged yeah?

My car was stolen tonight and my estranged GF is being her usual twattish self.

man, now THAT really sucks. my sympathies abt your car dude. just go down to your local watering hole and get hit on by some hot babes. that's always a good way to get back at the gf, to remind her that your "market value" is still pretty high... :D

sorry to hear that adam. well, at least ur collectibles themselves weren't damaged yeah?

man, now THAT really sucks. my sympathies abt your car dude. just go down to your local watering hole and get hit on by some hot babes. that's always a good way to get back at the gf, to remind her that your "market value" is still pretty high... :D

Oh, you damn right.

I'd cry if one of my babies was to die a sudden death like that. :lol

$150 shipped through Fed-Ex - it was brand new, still in the Ikea box.

dude. next time you want a detolf, let me know. The detolfs here in SD are $79. I don't know how much it is to ship to you though.

dude. next time you want a detolf, let me know. The detolfs here in SD are $79. I don't know how much it is to ship to you though.

The shipping is the expensive part -- possibly more than the item itself. That's why I had my parents pick up some detolfs for me when they were going near an Ikea store.

$150??! Wow. Here in Atlanta, you can get them for $69. I don't think they would charge you that much for shipping.

Sucks to hear, man. I hope you can get your money back or at least a partial payment.

We can say twat on the boards???
Awesome!

Twat did you say? I c-nt hear you. Type louder.

$150 shipped through Fed-Ex

First, what the hell is a Detolf? Am I the only one that doesn't know? Is it some sort of dsiplay shelf?

If it was sent through FedEx, and the shipper can claim it was damaged in transit, and if he declaired the value of the item when he shipped it, there is no reason you shouldn't get your money back. The shipper can also have FedEx do a 'damaged call tag' and they will come pick up from you for free and send it back to the shipper. Stay on that seller/ shipper or crucify him with negative feedback because this is fixable (at least monetarily).

Twat did you say? I c-nt hear you. Type louder.

First, what the hell is a Detolf? Am I the only one that doesn't know? Is it some sort of dsiplay shelf?

If it was sent through FedEx, and the shipper can claim it was damaged in transit, and if he declaired the value of the item when he shipped it, there is no reason you shouldn't get your money back. The shipper can also have FedEx do a 'damaged call tag' and they will come pick up from you for free and send it back to the shipper. Stay on that seller/ shipper or crucify him with negative feedback because this is fixable (at least monetarily).

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=detolf

I once looked into getting them shipped from Ikea... almost 2x as much just for shipping. I'm sure someone else could ship them a bit cheaper, but it's a big ass heavy box and likely to break.

I went on a trip with some friends to Dallas (3 hours away and the closest Ikea) a was able to get a couple in person.

Thank you, Bum. That's what I was wondering if it was. No wonder it broke. I'd get some of those for my figures, but I'd be afraid an earthquake here in California would topple it.

Dude, you're better off finding an Ikea and buying them yourself. I would NEVER get a glass shelf unit shipped to me....no offense, but I'm not surprised it shattered!

Or look for another glass shelf in your area!

I took a two hour road trip this past weekend and bought 3 @ 59.99 each and they were well worth the trip. I don't know if it has already been mentioned or not but I think it would look nice with a mirrored back. Maybe its an option to think about if the replacement or refund doesn't happen.

Dude, you're better off finding an Ikea and buying them yourself. I would NEVER get a glass shelf unit shipped to me....no offense, but I'm not surprised it shattered!

I've been looking for two years, and I've barely had any luck, small towns suck.

The closest Ikea is in RoundRock, Texas - eight hours away. Personally, I'm not driving a total of 16 hours for a couple of em.:lol

Anywho, the seller did respond and have me take measurements of the panels to find out which one was shattered - and I am getting a replacement, so that's chill with me.

I'm posting this here, because this is where I everyone I know posts, and I'm hoping I can get some good advice from my fellow Alien and Predator fans.

I ordered a Detolf through an E-Bay seller a little over a week ago, and it came in today. I opened the box, and started assembling it... sadly though, one of the four sides came totally shattered. I was wondering what you guys would do in my situation?

Would having a replacement made be the best way to go about fixing my problem? I just e-mailed the seller to let them know, I'm hoping to get at least a partial refund to cover the cost of getting another made.

I think you have to contact whoever delivered it since it was insured.

Exactly. Let your fingers do the walking and look up a glass shop in your area. They should be able to cut you a piece of glass and round the edges for less than $50 (you should already have duplicates from the piece that didn't break).

I have no idea how much it will run you, but it can't be that much. probably be done in less than an hour.

Back