Very Crappy Day, Any Advice?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamBombOi

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm posting this here, because this is where I everyone I know posts, and I'm hoping I can get some good advice from my fellow Alien and Predator fans.

I ordered a Detolf through an E-Bay seller a little over a week ago, and it came in today. I opened the box, and started assembling it... sadly though, one of the four sides came totally shattered. I was wondering what you guys would do in my situation?

Would having a replacement made be the best way to go about fixing my problem? I just e-mailed the seller to let them know, I'm hoping to get at least a partial refund to cover the cost of getting another made.

I'm posting this here, because this is where I everyone I know posts, and I'm hoping I can get some good advice from my fellow Alien and Predator fans.

I ordered a Detolf through an E-Bay seller a little over a week ago, and it came in today. I opened the box, and started assembling it... sadly though, one of the four sides came totally shattered. I was wondering what you guys would do in my situation?

Would having a replacement made be the best way to go about fixing my problem? I just e-mailed the seller to let them know, I'm hoping to get at least a partial refund to cover the cost of getting another made.

Sorry to hear that buddy - I would ask the seller for a refund if possible, it becomes a pretty pointless cabinet so I dont know if he would really want you to send it back to him or not.
Did you get shipping insurance for it?

Real sorry to hear that man. It will work out though :)

How about replaceing broken side using it as the back side with a nice cut piece of finished wood or painted to a desired color if possible. I think that would look nice and inexpensive.

My car was stolen tonight and my estranged GF is being her usual twattish self.

sorry to hear about the damage man, things like this gives me a sickening feeling. i feel for you.

My car was stolen tonight and my estranged GF is being her usual twattish self.
Luckily nothing was in the car. My Spikey Haired Hicks arrived today, i would have been PISSED if that was in the car. I guess thats what happens when you park your car in the same spot everyday before work for the past 6 months.

while "it's not all good", there are sure remedies.
Continue on with the contact with the seller, perhaps a replacement or a partial refund is in order.

If paid via paypal, contact paypal as needed, but allow the seller ample time to respond, while still within the window of time where you can request assistance.

look to see how much it is to replace it on your own.

look to see if it's minimal costs to provide a fix, such as already recommended in a previous post.

finish the rest of the 6-pack, but then unless you have a high alcohol tolerance, leave the vicinity or else there may be further damage.

and remember, it could be worse.
You could be laid off, forced to retire, told no increases for at least a year, or work in an oncology clinic where patients are either dying or going to be and they can be very verbally abusive, or be told you have xx amount of time left.

in any case, it could be worse, but have good vibes, and hopefully, based on positive cosmic waves, the initial issue of the detolf case will work out.

:)

"positive vibes, Moriarty"

Back