VANDERSTELT'S TTT- finished litho ART

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's just so much that springs to mind about what could be on the ROTK litho. Minas Tirith, Bag End, Rivendell, Denethor, Shelob, a Mumakil....could I make a special request here for the Mouth of Sauron! Or could that be done as a remarque?

I imagine, ROTK will be very hard to do given the number of important characters and places presented. But I do think that we should still have all 8 remaining members of the Fellowship present, not only for consistency but also because each one had a very important role in the end that should be captured in this litho. That said, I would love to see Denethor, the Eagles over the Black gates, Mount Doom, Minas Morgul, Minas Tirith and the Witchking on the Nazgul.

Great News. Jerry has been given the green light by New LIne. Can our litho's be far behind? :D

I imagine, ROTK will be very hard to do given the number of important characters and places presented. But I do think that we should still have all 8 remaining members of the Fellowship present, not only for consistency but also because each one had a very important role in the end that should be captured in this litho. That said, I would love to see Denethor, the Eagles over the Black gates, Mount Doom, Minas Morgul, Minas Tirith and the Witchking on the Nazgul.

. . . Faramir in armor . . . Faramir and Eowyn together . . . any last chance to get another Faramir in there . . . :rolleyes:

and gothmog, eowyn, battletrolls, Theoden, Eomer, Army of the Dead + king, corsairs, mumakils, grond, arwen, grey havens, old bilbo und so weiter

Good luck mr Vanderstelt :banana

:google I thought I was the only one who thought of this idea. Maybe Jerry can swing this by New Line and the Tolkien Estate and see what they think. It would certainly be great to have that print as well.

Definitely. It seems like there is plenty of material to include on a print based on the Prologue and tie it into the main 3 prints. Replace Frodo with Bilbo as the focus point and have the ring in the middle "plain" with no inscription on it. I could go on and on with more suggestions... :)

Some of these suggestions are plain scarry!

Actually, the truth of the matter is that the story is focused around Frodo and the ring, and I'm aiming for a "Frodo-centric" theme. There are numerous characters and themes that would make good art to last a lifetime in ROTK.

There is only 30 x 40 inches of actual space to work with.
Some characters will simply not be returning to make room for new ones that appear in ROTK.

Aside from all of this, New Line has a lot to say about my layout designs to make sure it follows true to the film.

Here's my general thoughts of where ROTK will go:
Central theme is Frodo and the Ring. Mt. Doom. Barad-dur and the searching Eye. Aragorn in his kingly battle gear ( no crown ). Samwise coming forward for a more important role than before. Gollum. Arwen.Gandalf with Glamdring.Mouth of Sauron.
King of the Dead. Minas Tirith. Witch-King.
From there, the remaining fellowship should be included somewhere. Perhaps Galadriel, but we'll see.

As the famous illustrator Drew Struzan told me, " don't paint the whole movie. If you want to see the movie , then go see it! ".

A tall order, but I am prepared to do battle!

JV

Some of these suggestions are plain scarry!

Actually, the truth of the matter is that the story is focused around Frodo and the ring, and I'm aiming for a "Frodo-centric" theme. There are numerous characters and themes that would make good art to last a lifetime in ROTK.

There is only 30 x 40 inches of actual space to work with.
Some characters will simply not be returning to make room for new ones that appear in ROTK.

Aside from all of this, New Line has a lot to say about my layout designs to make sure it follows true to the film.

Here's my general thoughts of where ROTK will go:
Central theme is Frodo and the Ring. Mt. Doom. Barad-dur and the searching Eye. Aragorn in his kingly battle gear ( no crown ). Samwise coming forward for a more important role than before. Gollum. Arwen.Gandalf with Glamdring.Mouth of Sauron.
King of the Dead. Minas Tirith. Witch-King.
From there, the remaining fellowship should be included somewhere. Perhaps Galadriel, but we'll see.

As the famous illustrator Drew Struzan told me, " don't paint the whole movie. If you want to see the movie , then go see it! ".

A tall order, but I am prepared to do battle!

JV
I agree that it should be Frodo-centric theme. All of your character and location choices are great. It would be nice if you could squeeze in an image of Galadrial and Elrond at the Grey Havens (could be really small). Also, as long as all the remaining fellowship members are included, I'll be very happy. :D

Yeah, Carbo, that's my thought too.
Although a Grey Haven's theme would seem forced and sort of shoe-horned in, being a bit out of place.
I am really focusing on the heat,stress,and tension of the film prior to the Ring's final destruction.
I have been slowly building energy as I go with the first two, so I don't want to pop the baloon too soon. Just before it bursts is what I am after. It has to get a lot worse before it gets better, and that is the mood of the final piece I am shootin' for.
Hence my reason for saving the "Red" theme for last.

JV

I'd much prefer to see Denethor and Theoden in the last litho as their roles were memorable and significant. Galadriel and Elrond....not so much.

Mouth of Sauron.

JV

Mouth of Sauron! Woot!
I think Galadriel and Elrond should be in there, that could be your homage to the Grey Havens and the end of the story. Plus they haven't been in the previous two. I'd much rather have them than another Legolas and Gimli.
One more thing I'd like to see (Other than Shelob and a Mumakil) is Bag End. I have to admit to being upset at there being no Shire location in the first one, so I'm privately hoping for an appearance here! Or maybe I can get that as the sketch.
As for what Drew Struzan said, that's all very well, but what if the movie in question overall lasts over 9 or 10 hours!

Aragorn becoming King and being crowned is a pretty big moment. It starts the reign on men.

I'd much prefer to see Denethor and Theoden in the last litho as their roles were memorable and significant. Galadriel and Elrond....not so much.

Going with the theme Jerry mentioned, these two should be possible.
I am really focusing on the heat,stress,and tension of the film prior to the Ring's final destruction.

Since he intends to do everything pre-destruction of the ring, Denethor and Theoden need to be added. Denethor could be staring at the Palantir and Theoden could be seen marching with Rohirrim at the Battle of Pelanor Field. Elrond and Galadriel would have to be omitted by default, since they didn't really appear, esp. Galadriel until the very end.

Going with the theme Jerry mentioned, these two should be possible.

Since he intends to do everything pre-destruction of the ring, Denethor and Theoden need to be added. Denethor could be staring at the Palantir and Theoden could be seen marching with Rohirrim at the Battle of Pelanor Field. Elrond and Galadriel would have to be omitted by default, since they didn't really appear, esp. Galadriel until the very end.

That is exactly what I would like to see, the redemption of Theoden as he leads the Rohirrim into Battle!

I really like the line up for the ROTK litho, it sounds like it is shaping up to be very impressive. There are alot of important and fun characters that could be added as everyone has already mentioned. I really love my FOTR litho. I'm excited to my copy of TTT. And now, I'm stoked to see what you do with ROTK. Everyone that has seen my FOTR litho has been very impressed with your talent and how the characters look so real..Keep up the great work Jerry!!!! :D

Thank you for all your comments and suggestions!

With something like this, I am afraid that it will be near impossible to please everyone with what character shows up,and which one(s) are missing, etc., but as I mentioned elsewhere, there is only so much room.

All I know for sure is that Frodo will be central, Sam will have a much stronger presence, Aragorn very strong ( pre-coronation, but in his kingly battle gear ) and of course Saroun's presence in the form of the eye of Barad-dur.
The above mentioned cluster will be the main focus, with the remaining elements flung outwards from the the center.

JV

Thank you for all your comments and suggestions!

With something like this, I am afraid that it will be near impossible to please everyone with what character shows up,and which one(s) are missing, etc., but as I mentioned elsewhere, there is only so much room.

All I know for sure is that Frodo will be central, Sam will have a much stronger presence, Aragorn very strong ( pre-coronation, but in his kingly battle gear ) and of course Saroun's presence in the form of the eye of Barad-dur.
The above mentioned cluster will be the main focus, with the remaining elements flung outwards from the the center.

JV

Woo Hoo !!!, SOLD!

I love my FOTR Litho and am really looking forward to receiving the TTT one too. You do magnificent work Jerry and I for one am so grateful you are creating these masterpieces that we can add to our beloved collections.

It will be very difficult to get all the character/beasties and orcses in this one piece,but you have done a wonderful job so far and i'm sure you will create another stunning Litho for us to complete the series. Now get to work, j/k:D:monkey3

I'll be ready to buy as and when it comes up.

Shell
x

Back