Vanderstelt Studio Middle-earth News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I don't see why Osgiliath is 25 dollars and many other pieces closer to 80 dollars?? I thought maybe the older pieces like this are being discounted further to clear stock, but I also see some other pieces are in the 35 dollar range. 25 for Osgiliath seems cheap to me compared to 80 for most other pieces.

Canvas, I just don't get it. I really want to get it but canvas pieces never seem to pop the way I expect.

I only have two prints so far, Balrog and Sauron with Rivendell on it's way. I love how 3D the Balrog's flames look. I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but every time I look at him they just jump out at me. Very impressive. I've probably spent almost a half an hour just staring at the flames and making myself dizzy. :lol

So if you are like me, considering Osgiliath and Rivendell, it seems the cutoff for free shipping is about 100 dollars so adding Osgiliath costs very little in comparison. Rivendell alone is 80+15 shipping, Osgiliath+Rivendell = 95 with free shipping. So Osgiliath is 10 dollars, minus the 15%. Not bad.

I can't convince myself to get the paper editions... I will have to hold out and buy the canvas giclees one by one.

We are approaching the New Year, and to help celebrate, VanderStelt Studio is offering a 15% off New Year SALE, starting now in our regular store https://store.vandersteltstudio.com/ Dicount coupon code is: JVS2015
and in our Amazon store starting at 8:00 PM PST tonite VanderStelt Studio @ Amazon.com:
This sale ends on 1/4/2015 just before midnight.
Be sure to take advantage of this sale as you will have to wait until the next major Holiday before you see another one :)
Thank you all!

Just used the coupon code to order both the Tauriel and Legolas paper giclees. Thanks Jerry!

I guess I don't see why Osgiliath is 25 dollars and many other pieces closer to 80 dollars?? I thought maybe the older pieces like this are being discounted further to clear stock, but I also see some other pieces are in the 35 dollar range. 25 for Osgiliath seems cheap to me compared to 80 for most other pieces.

Canvas, I just don't get it. I really want to get it but canvas pieces never seem to pop the way I expect.

The Osgiliath piece is a lithograph, printed and reproduced with a four-color process and does a very nice reproductive job. Then you have the Paper Giclee, a different animal altogether. My Paper Giclees are printed on certified 100 year Archival, Fine Art Paper from Breathing Color using a twelve color process. The Giclees are a much more expensive process to acheive all the subtle nuances in the Original art, hence the price difference. Lithographs are very good, but a Giclee ( whether Canvas or Paper ) is far superior.
I have explained this many times before, and I try to clearly describe these differences in my listing details, but not everyone reads the details, I suppose! :lol

JV

Last edited:
Ah I see. Well I bought both so I can compare them in person. I never get the terms, in part, because one of the nicest, sharpest pieces I have ever owned is the old Death Dealer lithograph made by Paradox.

I also ordered the Rivendell Epic Paper Giclee and the Terror over Osgilliath. I couldn't resist this final sale. :rock

Anytime you guys have any questions on paper type differences, I am hear. Although for me, regular email works best. I can be reached easier than here at: [email protected]

Since this is my own thread, I suppose I can sneek a piece of Star Wars news:

Number 5 of my Star Wars Illustration book auctions : )

JV

Star Wars Art Illustration Book with Custom Sketch on Front Page by Vanderstelt | eBay

antiqueweddingpadme_zps242f90ee.jpg

swartbooksketch5_20_zpsc400c378.jpg

I didn't get anything from the sale, but I am going in today to drop off my Sauron canvas giclee for gallery wrapping!!!

Package arrived, no comparison the Rivendell is amazing and the paper and print quality far above the litho as Jerry stated. Rivendell is so rich looking, secured #9.

Package arrived, no comparison the Rivendell is amazing and the paper and print quality far above the litho as Jerry stated. Rivendell is so rich looking, secured #9.

Excellent! As I mentioned, a four color litho does great for what it is, but a twelve color on specifically color-profiled Fine Art paper is far superior!

JV

Its amazing that the Rivendell piece is painted by a human. I can't imagine the talent. I should be getting this framed this week to take advantage of the Michael's 70% off sale, which truly is the best offer I have ever seen (better than the 60+20) sale. Only catch is it is for 3+ pieces, not an issue for me though. Thanks again Jerry. These came in a sold tube with expert packing, and quickly.

Its amazing that the Rivendell piece is painted by a human. I can't imagine the talent. I should be getting this framed this week to take advantage of the Michael's 70% off sale, which truly is the best offer I have ever seen (better than the 60+20) sale. Only catch is it is for 3+ pieces, not an issue for me though. Thanks again Jerry. These came in a sold tube with expert packing, and quickly.

You bet!!

JV

Here is one of my lifetime grail; "Daughter of Mirkwood" ‪‎Tauriel‬ Lithograph, personalized by both Jerry Vanderstelt and Evangeline Lilly. Thank you once again. :yess::rock:love

f2knPMV.jpg

Last edited:
Hello to all my fellow LOTR friends!
I just finished up 9 little Original paintings of the nine walkers from the LOTR films. These little 8 x 10 inch portraits will be auctioned as each one gets approved by the studio. For now, Legolas is the first :) Fine Art Giclee prints of these will be available soon as well and I'll be sure to post about that here too, once it happens. For anyone interested in some LOTR Original art, check out the link below:

The Lord of The Rings Legolas Greenleaf Original Art by Jerry Vanderstelt | eBay

Legolas%20Brown%20watermark_zpsywgsfei9.jpg

JV

Back