Vanderstelt Studio Middle-earth News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I just saw your latest Rivendell print....unbelievable perfection and on my list for 2015. Love seeing the Fellowship leaving on the Bridge....However my first priority is the 3rd Hobbit print. Please let us know when the BOTFA piece comes out. Gotta get that Canvas Epic Collectors edition to complete the set :)

Man I just saw your latest Rivendell print....unbelievable perfection and on my list for 2015. Love seeing the Fellowship leaving on the Bridge....However my first priority is the 3rd Hobbit print. Please let us know when the BOTFA piece comes out. Gotta get that Canvas Epic Collectors edition to complete the set :)

Thanks Adolfo! The HBT 3 piece is certainly on my project list. LOTS of other projects on the schedule, such as Star Wars :).
For now though,

Rivendell has just been made available over at my store: Vanderstelt Studio

I plan to list it on Amazon as well, later in the day. Here are a few detail images for ya :)

JV

RivendellPaperGiclee16x24_zps9a805f61.jpg

rivendelldetail2_zps5620183c.jpg

rivendelldetail3_zps3eed18db.jpg

RivendellPaperGiclee16x24_zps9a805f61.jpg

RIVENDELLGW_zps301b3e68.jpg

After I get the BOTFA piece, This will be next in 2015! If there was ever a reason to buy a canvas, this is it!

WOW!!!! I have admired your LOTR art for several years now but never purchased anything. I will buy this as it is amazing. Will there be any opportunity for remarque editions? I would love to have a little original drawing to make this item even better.

I am also intrigued by more architectural themed pieces in the future. Any hints at what we might see?

WOW!!!! I have admired your LOTR art for several years now but never purchased anything. I will buy this as it is amazing. Will there be any opportunity for remarque editions? I would love to have a little original drawing to make this item even better.

I am also intrigued by more architectural themed pieces in the future. Any hints at what we might see?

Glad you like it.:)
As far as remarques go, I will not be offering that on this run. You can always commission a sketch separately though! I do have ideas on other landscapes that may still have characters in them, such as the pass of Caradhras.......Erebor gate......view of Laketown burning from shore.......Argonath.....Barad-dur.....whatever I do, I want to include character in them; some bigger, some smaller. Because of that, I suppose not all ideas are technically "landscape" pieces, although there is a lot of scenery in them. We'll see.

JV

Glad you like it.:)
As far as remarques go, I will not be offering that on this run. You can always commission a sketch separately though! I do have ideas on other landscapes that may still have characters in them, such as the pass of Caradhras.......Erebor gate......view of Laketown burning from shore.......Argonath.....Barad-dur.....whatever I do, I want to include character in them; some bigger, some smaller. Because of that, I suppose not all ideas are technically "landscape" pieces, although there is a lot of scenery in them. We'll see.

JV

Any plans on doing an environment sketch with the three Stone Trolls?

We are approaching the New Year, and to help celebrate, VanderStelt Studio is offering a 15% off New Year SALE, starting now in our regular store https://store.vandersteltstudio.com/ Dicount coupon code is: JVS2015
and in our Amazon store starting at 8:00 PM PST tonite VanderStelt Studio @ Amazon.com:
This sale ends on 1/4/2015 just before midnight.
Be sure to take advantage of this sale as you will have to wait until the next major Holiday before you see another one :)
Thank you all!

Last edited:
We are approaching the New Year, and to help celebrate, VanderStelt Studio is offering a 15% off New Year SALE, starting now in our regular store https://store.vandersteltstudio.com/
and in our Amazon store starting at 8:00 PM PST tonite VanderStelt Studio @ Amazon.com:
This sale ends on 1/4/2015 just before midnight.
Be sure to take advantage of this sale as you will have to wait until the next major Holiday before you see another one :)
Thank you all!

Cool! Is the 15% already applied to the prices or is there a code or something to use?

Sorry for this late response! Nutty busy at the easel! There is no Code for Amazon, but my other storefront ( store.vandersteltstudio.com ) has one. It is: JVS2015

Hi Khev.

The BOTFA piece is on my radar, but for now, I have several other projects that are in queue, along with commissions and some Star Wars projects. I haven't forgotten though!

JV

I gotta get that BOTFA collectors ed canvas first. #1 priority for me while I got the $ saved up for it

It's gonna look awesome...doesn't exist yet but it's gonna look awesome

Eventually I will order the Smaug and Balrog canvas prints to go with my Sauron. Maybe I can get one before the sale is up, but I just blew my wad on the Weta 1/6 Gandalf.

Osgiliath and Rivendell carted, just waiting to see how the day goes. Is Osgiliath greatly reduced for a reason? Also the balrog piece would nicely complement the new Weta statue really well, pose is sort of in the same vein.

Osgiliath and Rivendell carted, just waiting to see how the day goes. Is Osgiliath greatly reduced for a reason? Also the balrog piece would nicely complement the new Weta statue really well, pose is sort of in the same vein.

Osgilisth is greatly reduced? Looks right to me... $25 for paper, $180 for canvas.

I so want that, Smaug and Balrog. Why can't I be happy with paper? I feel like I need them all on canvas only. Maybe I can afford one this sale but even that's a little stretch. Perhaps I should just get the paper smaug and osgiliath for now.

But I imagine having the balrog, sauron and smaug all line up, canvas wrapped, behind their awesome statues.

Back