Vanderstelt Studio Middle-earth News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry loves to torture us with desire for pieces of such greatness ! Now to find a way to fund this addition !

I wanted to let folks know that there have been a few changes with the Collector's Sketch Edition canvas edition size: It's now going to be limited to a quantity of 10 pieces only. This will be the only time to get this particular piece of art with a matching numbered sketch and canvas, making them a unique pair.
Individual Hobbit-related sketches may become available at a later date, as weekly or monthly auction items ( like some of my painted sketch cards that occassionaly become available ).

Here is the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOBBIT-Une...396?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cce6a7674

Thank You! : )

JV

Jerry,

If the collector sketch edition is now limited to just 10, will those same 10 people have first choice to the next 2 sketch editions? matching numbers?

Wow...I have that exact same question Jerry

I can say that I will be informing the listing date/hour for the next round, here on this thread, and the numbers will match the canvas itself. I can't promise you will receive the same number as what you may have purchased earlier. I wish I could, but since I can't, I try to inform those concerned when the listing will go up.

Thanks much,

JV

Thanks, I was wondering if there would be any benefit to NOT ordering now and instead waiting until your third print is released in order to purchase all three as a matching number set.

That parchment paper makes those sketches look really nice....especially that Goblin king:wink1:

There is no real benefit in waiting, because unless I set aside a number of prints that match, and wait until all three are available, then offer that limited amount of matched sets, your chance of a matching number is pretty low.

It's all about logistics, nothing personal, but I have to make it work across the board : )

JV

I promise you this Jerry... Unless I'm comatose, dead or wherever I am electricity is a non-entity I'll be getting the next one!...you could count on it

Individual Hobbit-related sketches may become available at a later date, as weekly or monthly auction items ( like some of my painted sketch cards that occassionaly become available ).

Thank You! : )

JV

When you do have these Lotr/Hobbit sketches on auction please let this thread know....thank you

Hi Jerry,

I am a LOTR fan from Singapore, I have bought your first LOTR set of 3 glicees some time ago and ALL the other LOTR prints. Words cannot being to describe your talent in capturing the essence for each piece of artwork you created. :clap:clap

I am considering NOT to start collecting anything that is related to Hobbit, as it will be a 30,000 dollars commitment by the time the 3 movies end, but I am afraid your Artwork, I cannot decide if its in a good or bad way, has begin to make me reconsider starting the collection because ...

YOUR HOBBIT ARTWORK IS SIMPLY AWESOME!!!!!!

How I wish this would be the movie poster instead..:wink1:

Anyway, after knowing your annoucement that you will be producing only ten pieces of your Canvass print, I knew I will perhaps never get to see it in person... but perhaps one day...who knows.

Just out of curiosity, I wish to ask this: May I know what medium will you be using to paint on the canvass? Is each piece hand-drawn by you? I am sorry if its sound like a silly question, but I have little background in art. My main interest lies in knowing if it can be easily maintained in a hot and humid climate in the South East, like Singapore.

In any case, I will go for the cheaper alternative of paper glicee, I will not let go to hang a piece of your materpiece in my bedroom... watching it while listening to the soundtrack is really, really enjoyable..

Thank you once again for bring such magnificent artwork to all of us!

Hello GTB.
Thanks much for the kind comments on the Hobbit art, I appreciate it : )
As far as the Hobbit Canvases, none of them are painted, but they are reproductions of the Original, which is hand-painted : ) Now the Epic Size Collectors edition canvas includes a hand-drawn sketch on a separate parchment, which is an Original drawing.
I hope this clears things up for ya!

JV

:gah::wink1:If this was a cartoon all I would have to do is wait by the mailbox and ordered packages come right away:exactly::lecture:yess::lol:waveJK

Back