Vampire Buffy - pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't remember a time when the actual figure looks better than the prototype. I'm always disappointed with either the fabric used doesn't look the the prototype or the paint application isn't as nice. Both cases are the complete oppisite here! This figure is a great addition not only to the Buffy line, but to my whole collection. :clap

Can anybody else confirm that the extra Battle axe only comes with the exclusive? If that's the case I'll buy the exclusive before it sells out. which could be very soon, so let me know.

Since only the tombstone is listed as an exclusive accessory, I'd assume both axes come with the regular version as well.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Since only the tombstone is listed as an exclusive accessory, I'd assume both axes come with the regular version as well.

Well, I would've agreed with you before we got Xander - there was no mention of the exclusive coming with a sword with green blood and the regular with red blood.

Screamingmetal, I'd suggest trying to find one on Ebay that shows the actual box instead of the standard prototype picture to make sure, or you could just call Sideshow and ask directly. I'd hurry, though, because the newsletter said there are only about 30 exclusives left and these look damn good so I'm betting some people who were on the fence waiting for pictures might be ordering her now.

Know wonder its so good! It had two of sideshows best working on it! Andy and Oluf! I'd better find some money soon.i cant miss out. Espesially if the other axe is an exclusive too! hmm dam i wish shipping wasnt so expensive. :google

I was ment to be saving for the Chosen collection (seasons 1-7) which will be over 200 AUS dollars for me, but I really dont wanna miss out. What do you guys/gals think? its the "chosen" set limited? ive been sellin my buffy's and would hate to have sold them all and find the Chosen set gone! but i also cant miss out on exlcusive VB.(vamp buffy). Opinions!?!

Last edited:
The tombstone we know is only with the exclusive and this is one of the best exclusive premiums they've ever done - makes it well worth ordering even if there's an axe difference.

BDboystoys said:
I was ment to be saving for the Chosen collection (seasons 1-7) which will be over 200 AUS dollars for me, but I really dont wanna miss out. What do you guys/gals think? its the "chosen" set limited? ive been sellin my buffy's and would hate to have sold them all and find the Chosen set gone! but i also cant miss out on exlcusive VB.(vamp buffy). Opinions!?!

I'd get the Exclusive Vamp Buffy, like DD said, the tombstone itself is worth it to have. And I believe the Buffy dvd set will be around for a long time to come. Besides, if they sell out on the dvds, they can always make more, once the Vamp Buffys are gone, they'll be hard to find, especially the exclusives.

Vampire Buffy was my Grail figure, the one I coveted the most, and the one I thought I would never possess. No one was more surprised or delighted than I when Sideshow made the announcement last Toy Fair.

I had some reservations when I saw the prototype pics. I could see the sculpt was excellent, but I thought the paint job was very bland and did little to bring out the spot-on likeness Oluf and Andy achieved. Additionally, the hair was much too orange and the pants were much too baggy. I resigned myself to the fact that I would be faced with repainting the head — something I've haven't attempted since my Aurora monster model days — but a small price to pay and worth the learning curve to realize the full potential of this figure. I figured I'd swap out the pants from the original Buffy Summers doll, even though Vamp Buffy would utilize the shorter body.

I must say I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the flap of the box and got a look at her in person. What appears to be very heavy shading around the eyes and between the lips and chin in the pics Dave and Firefly Flanatic posted, is much more subtle and smoothly blended in to the basic skin tone. I don't like the thin red lines of paint on the top of the ridge lines of the bumpies on the brow and forehead, and under the cheekbones on the face. I know it's much too impractical and labor-intensive to do on an assembly line, but a better way to bring out the bumpies is by shading under and around the contours of the ridges.

The color of the hair is much improved, closer to the honey blonde of season one. I do wish there was a more elegant solution for attaching the two stands of hair that frame her face to the rest of her noggin. But, in the plus column, it's Bergholtz hair! Another blessing to count.

The pants though much improved over the proto's, are still too loose. The jacket is a bit of a disappointment, too. First, the fabric is much too thin, and second — and I've seen "Nightmares" more times than a man my age should readily admit — the jacket is some sort of pleather.

Though not 100% episode accurate, I'm glad to see the rings are on all the appropriate fingers of her hands — that's nice attention to detail. But I am disappointed that the earrings are just generic hoops. Buffy wore a stud and a drop hoop in her right ear, and two hoops and a drop in her left in that ep.

I've got a couple of extra Vamp Buffys on the way from a 3-party retailer to experiment upon. What I'd like to do is brighten the eyes, add some highlights to the hair, blend the strands in better, and generally repaint as in this colorization:

vb_clrzd.jpg

Don't have a clue about what to do to correct the earrings.

I know I'm looking at this figure under an electron microscope at highest power, picking at what are some very teeny teeny, tiny tiny nits, but as I said at the top of this post, this is my Grail figure. My beloved Vampire Buffy. And, my mantra: The Devil is in the details. It's the little things that make a figure come to life.

So just to be clear how pleased I am overall, let me add: OMG!!! She is sooo totally and awesomely amazing!!! OMG!!! I love her!!! OMG!!!

Now, where's my next most wanted:

bffy_pf.gif

I just took in the pants a bit and I'm very happy with this girl. The proto had pleather pants which I don't think we miss. I do remember the jacket being vinyl, but I'd rather have it hang correctly than be shiny. I think they compromised in the right direction. I'd imagine vinyl or pleather would have been difficult to get to fit exactly right.

Darklord Dave said:
I just took in the pants a bit and I'm very happy with this girl. The proto had pleather pants which I don't think we miss. I do remember the jacket being vinyl, but I'd rather have it hang correctly than be shiny. I think they compromised in the right direction. I'd imagine vinyl or pleather would have been difficult to get to fit exactly right.

Totally agree with you on this. I don't mind if a different material is used as long as it matches the look and I think the pleather coat would also made it hard to pose her. And I was also glad that they did not use the pleather pants that was shown in the prototype shots - these pants, even baggie, look much better.

I do think the hair coming out of her head the way FrankenFan showed it does look better but it still looks good the way it is so no complaints from me.

The pupils on the box look bigger, and at first I thought I liked that better, but the smaller pupil size gives her a more feral look.

I disagree about the jacket. Look at Graduation Day Buffy. The coat fits well and does not inhibit the ability to pose the figure at all.

I think a better compromise would have been to use a fabric similar to "Hush" Buffy's jacket. The weight is more appropriate to a jacket and the material has just the right amount of sheen (the jacket was not shiny). What Vamp Buffy came with is more like an overshirt. The material is too flimsy and, I think, cheapens the look of the figure.

I agree that the pants are far better than the the prototype's, but again, take a look at the original Buffy Summers figure — those are the pants my beloved Vamp Buffy should be a-sportin'!

But, again, OMG!!! I love her!

dyl_tsr.jpg

My new fav figure
she is perfect.
has any one tried to put the hush buffys pants on it?
any more pic please
i love this figure

buffy-collector said:
My new fav figure
she is perfect.
has any one tried to put the hush buffys pants on it?
any more pic please
i love this figure

I tried but i couldn't get the pants off her over her shoes. They seem to be stopping them coming off, and i'm not abouts to go and try removing her feet after what happened to Hush Buffy last time i trid pulling something apart:naughty

I'm afraid i "butchered" my PG exclusive Buffy (I hated the hair) and my vampire Buffy (not overkeen on the clothes) to come up with a: "What if Buffy had lost in an alternate dimension, Buffy"
I think it has worked well.

And while I'm at it look how much the Scoobies are missing their mentor. They're having to rely on some guy called Blade, a mate of his and "Professor Boothroyd" (Must be moonlighting from Mi6.)

They really need:

GILES

Back