Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Luc Besson)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New trailer is up. Looks fantastic, like The Fifth Element with 20 years of digital developments. This is how Guardians should have looked. Should be amazing on the big screen.

If Lucas made Episode VII instead of selling to Disney then I've got to assume that this is what his version of TFA would have looked like. Uninteresting main characters with little to no chemistry running and jumping in front of green screens.

I also never cared for The Fifth Element and think that Luc Besson should just stick to The Professional/Lucy type movies.

Yeah I really don't buy that guy as Valerian being the most dangerous soldier in the universe. What is he 18 and 102 pounds?

I hear it's a gorgeous movie but the story and acting are bad. Didn't Luc learn anything from the Star Wars prequels?

Everyone basically said the same thing
Kinda weird, everyone seems to agree that the acting is terrible, dialogue is terrible and Rihanna is the best thing about it.
Visuals are great, but plot goes nowhere

Last edited:
Valerian 2/10.The 2 is for the CGI which was for the most part very good.

Most Luc Besson films are worth watching and some are excellent... La Femme Nikita 8/10,The Professional 9/10.

But sorry to say this film is a disaster.I won't go deep, just 3 things.The lead actor was absolutely terrible/monochrome with no charisma at all.The dialogue was a joke and I don't mean Funny.The music for the film at no point fit the scene it was for.Honestly some of the worst I have ever experienced in a big budget film.

almost did not want to admit I saw this film.

I felt it was important this go here.

Go see it. Spend the very small amount of money and go sit in the seats and release all the ******** from your minds and give it a try. I loved the movie. But, why do we all the sudden give a **** about others opinions and treat reviews as the gospel? Go have your own experience. I have always been against the use of CGI to the amount that was used in this film, but it works. There are angles in this film that are fun and new, the openeing scene is easily the best movie opener in years, that involves a "together for the future" moment.

Go see it. Spend the very small amount of money and go sit in the seats and release all the ******** from your minds and give it a try. I loved the movie. But, why do we all the sudden give a **** about others opinions and treat reviews as the gospel? Go have your own experience. I have always been against the use of CGI to the amount that was used in this film, but it works. There are angles in this film that are fun and new, the openeing scene is easily the best movie opener in years, that involves a "together for the future" moment.

In that sense why should we give a hoot about YOUR review?
You might as well work for the studio lol. We dont know.

If you don't believe anybody about anything then how do you survive in life?

Over time one does learn how to navigate between those who simply lie and those who blindly follow.

If you don't believe anybody about anything then how do you survive in life?

Over time one does learn how to navigate between those who simply lie and those who blindly follow.

Asking how well Dr.A performs brain surgery is a great inqury. Asking if Plumber Joe or Construction Tim have the common knowledge of not leaving your home looking like a hurricane survivor. Respecting and trusting in youtuber criticts on a movie review to me is insane. This isn't a decision that would every break the bank. There are 2 outcomes of dropping $10 at the theater. You either leave happy or sad. Take the journey!

Back