Valentine's Day -Lando's a coming!!!!!! (possibly)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, because this thread has been so damn serious up until now. :lol

Yes. Nothing but the most serious of academic discussions have been occuring within these hallowed walls.

Now.... should the ex. be a tootsie pop or a Colt 45.

landocopyrb1.jpg

If you're referring to ESB, yes, but the last was in like 2004 with the Skiff Lando.

You know, for one of Hasbro's early 90's 12 inchers, that sculpt doesn't look half bad.

I want her more. Outside of of Slave Leia, Hoth Leia is THE Leia for me so I really hope to get her, but I also am a fan of the core heroes in the OT and no Lando yet, when he's doable unlike Chewie and the droids right now, is a bit saddening so I'd be happy with either.

If we had ESB Lando, she'd be at the top of my list. She's a priority for me ahead of Tarkin, Dooku, or TPM Obi-wan.

I disagree. I've always preferred figures that have the head and neck separate. I'll take poseability over aesthetics any day of the week.

I think the sculpted neck is indispensible with these figures. With as much detail and realism there is in the headsculpts, having a smooth, unpainted, generic plastic neck destroys the entire effect. Better to find a way of making the joint where the head attaches to the body more flexible than to sacrifice that.

To a certain extent, I agree that a separate neck gives better poseability. It is a shame that they don't sculpt the neck piece with more realistic features. But the main reason that figures on Bucks can barely move their heads is because of the way the neck joint is designed on a Buck. You can notice that the Hot Toys Joker with a sculpted neck can move his head much more readily on the True Type body.

If we had ESB Lando, she'd be at the top of my list. She's a priority for me ahead of Tarkin, Dooku, or TPM Obi-wan.

I think the sculpted neck is indispensible with these figures. With as much detail and realism there is in the headsculpts, having a smooth, unpainted, generic plastic neck destroys the entire effect. Better to find a way of making the joint where the head attaches to the body more flexible than to sacrifice that.

To each his own. using the earlier example of joker, yes, he's got decent articulation, and t is superior to the buk, bt with only a single joint on the necj it becomes rather difficult to get realistic, head positions with the sublet nuances that we do with our motions.
Yes, if i have no choice, I'll take a head with sculpted neck, but if i've got a choice, generaic sculpted neck for me please :)

I do hope it's a Bespin lando. i just snagged a Bespin han to go with him, now i need an extra Truetype body, and an extra indy head.

heh, I'm the exact opposite. I loved my kenner figures, but i allways wanted them to be able to pose better :) being able to pose a figure to look like he's jumping, is much better for their longevity than tossing them down the stairs. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back