Valentine's Day -Lando's a coming!!!!!! (possibly)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
200zr85.jpg

sgq4gg.jpg

28lyo7q.jpg

25phbbd.jpg

I want Hoth Leia almost as much as Lando.

I want her more. Outside of of Slave Leia, Hoth Leia is THE Leia for me so I really hope to get her, but I also am a fan of the core heroes in the OT and no Lando yet, when he's doable unlike Chewie and the droids right now, is a bit saddening so I'd be happy with either.

haha.. while i can see what you guys mean.. i also want to state my own opinion that both Leia's we have gotten are the less sexy Leia's..

Not that i can't wait for Lando!

But I'd love to see a bespin/hoth/slave Leia on each of his arms.. :p

My opinion is the Ben Dio will go on sale tomorrow and they will unveil the PPO for Friday (Lando, I hope) also tomorrow.

Am I the only one, or does announcing a diorama for ToyFair feel like a real let-down relative to new 1:6 or PF figures?

I would love to see a two-pack of Hoth/Bespin Leia and Bespin Lando.

Am I the only one, or does announcing a diorama for ToyFair feel like a real let-down relative to new 1:6 or PF figures?

Diorama's have the potential to be very interesting. But the selections Sideshow has chosen have not been my cup of tea.

Nope, me too. And welcome Star Puffs, cool name. Respect for the Kenner line. :rock

So far, Sideshow's Leia offerings have been complete homeruns in the sculpt department. I'm looking forward to even the possibility of another of these.

Hope they can pull off Lando, though.

It has to be Lando. The Colt 45 reference on Twitter pretty much confirmed that.

There is one SW preview and two SW Blog Entry's tomorrow. The pre-order is most certainly the Dio. They haven't been giving previews for the pre-orders so if I had to guess I would say that the preview is for Lando and one of the blog entry's will be details for the PPO.

I sure as heck hope he doesn't come on the Prometheus. Besides, with his collared shirt, he needs his featured adam's apple. As we already know, Indy looks a hundred times better on a body with a sculpted neck.

I disagree. I've always preferred figures that have the head and neck separate. I'll take poseability over aesthetics any day of the week.

makes me want to go get bespin han.... then i look at bespin han and I want to cry. Is the bespin han head any better with a repaint?

perhaps I should just get a hatless Indy head, and sculpt the ESB han hair onto it.

I disagree. I've always preferred figures that have the head and neck separate. I'll take poseability over aesthetics any day of the week.

To a certain extent, I agree that a separate neck gives better poseability. It is a shame that they don't sculpt the neck piece with more realistic features. But the main reason that figures on Bucks can barely move their heads is because of the way the neck joint is designed on a Buck. You can notice that the Hot Toys Joker with a sculpted neck can move his head much more readily on the True Type body.

200zr85.jpg

Going by this image, the Pro would be perfect in shoulder proportions for Lando, I hope they use it, if they're making Lando.

If they could sculpt the separate neck piece with an Adam's apple, I would be much happier with it.

Depending on who the sculptor is, the adam's apple may not be pronounced enough to matter. Anakin's isn't too prominent on the Ep3 figure but it's prominent on Hayden. Sometimes SSC sculpted necks don't full capitalize on being able to sculpt the neck and head together. One of the best examples though is the old man detailing Trev put into the neck of Old ben, very realistic.

What kind of collector cares about a frakkin adams apple? :lol

Neck detail can add a lot to the likeness. For instance, why do you think Darren redid the neck for his Terminator 2 Arnold or sculpted an entirely new neck for his Indy. Or how Small Studios put Indy on a True Type with a sculpted neck. Trev did a fantastic job on the neck for old Ben and was it Tim Miller who sculpted Palpatine...? The list goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back