Vader Bust vs Life size - Need your advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apokai

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking to add a piece to my Vader collection but, I'm turning in circles, not able to choose. I would like to hear your thoughts.

Short story: Sideshow Life-size bust vs 1:1 Life Size Vader EFX/Rubies

Long story: I was looking to buy SideShow Vader life-size bust. But, I'm one of the lucky guys who got 2 EFX Legend helmet. I was thinking that I could take my 2nd EFX Legend and buy the Rubies Supreme Edition and make a full size 1:1 Vader. BEFORE YOU FLAME ME TO HELL, let me explain why I would disgrace an EFX Legend Helmet with a Rubies:

First off, I think the helmet does the major part of a costume.
Rubies helmet is ugly.
Rubies costume is also an ANH (Tinder match here).
Price wise, costume is 866$ CND. Sideshow Life-size bust is 1100$ USD + (taxes and import).
Sideshow full size Vader is 9K$ USD (FORGET IT!) - Way too muscular too
Anovos would have been a good option BUT not available anymore and it's 1900 USD for the cheapest version (not the full leather quality) without the helmet. Is it THAT good? not sure...
I don't have several K$ to get the pieces on Ebay and customized it, nor the patienc
I could reuse the EFX Base for my Boba Fett MR helmet (I LOVE it but it deserve a better display setup)
I also have a MR FX Lightsaber to replace the Rubies one.

I'm not sure that the quality of Anovos (standard version) vs Rubies is that much.

Bottom line: I don't want to spend 3-4K$ USD but don't want to have a cheap-looking Vader full size. I'm not also a screen-accurate maniac. If Rubies' version (even with EFX Helmet) would look like trash, I rather buy the Life-Size Bust.

Any comments, advice, feedbacks, insults are welcome

If I wanted fast a Vader suit on mannequin I'd go Anovos, it is not perfect, but better than Rubies (though Anovos is not ANH - so EFX ANH lid wouldn't work properly). Otherwise fan made parts would make your Vader better than anything else, but would imply longer time sourcing parts and higher costs.

If I wanted fast a Vader suit on mannequin I'd go Anovos, it is not perfect, but better than Rubies (though Anovos is not ANH - so EFX ANH lid wouldn't work properly). Otherwise fan made parts would make your Vader better than anything else, but would imply longer time sourcing parts and higher costs.
ANOVOS is no longer available though

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

It will be. Just be patient or hurry up and get the fugly Rubies. Your choice.
Lol soo THAT ugly right? K. Already reached out to ANOVOS. They said it depends on the demand.

Lol soo THAT ugly right? K. Already reached out to ANOVOS. They said it depends on the demand.

Yeah the Rubies really is that ugly. With a helmet like the Legend I would only pair it with good quality parts. Just be patient like jkno said it’ll pay off and save you the cost of the Rubies in the long run.

Yeah the Rubies really is that ugly. With a helmet like the Legend I would only pair it with good quality parts. Just be patient like jkno said it’ll pay off and save you the cost of the Rubies in the long run.
K. Frack rubies then. Thk for stopping me of doing a mistake

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Cool...remember Vader is all about attitude and proper fit of the costume components. Look no further than Rogue One to see what a poor fitted costume looks like. Spend some time over at The Prop Den and the 501st Sith Lord detachment forums. You will find what you are looking for. But you want to get it right. Vader is a centerpiece.

Back