USPS SUCKS.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold my droid for $275 on ebay and shipped it to Oregon from here in Alabama. It stayed in the Oklahoma City post office for like 2 weeks and the buyer filed a claim my paypal account was frozen and I was out $275. All of a sudden almost a month after I shipped it,it showed up at his door. I sent the damn thing priority too!
Also I ship at least 4 or 5 days a week from ebay sales and lately the postal workers have been giving me some serious attitude. Like complain about where I tape my labels. Next time they give me lip I'm going to just say "Look UPS is right down the road and I'd be glad to use them as my new shipping method". That might hold some ground considering they always used to tell me that all the shipping I do with them is their "job security".

being in hawaii UPS and FedEx are way too over priced...especially sending out larger items. USPS has always been good to me for a decent price.

If i were still in the continental US, i'd use UPS or FedEx ground for sure though.

I mail a lot of stuff and usually have no problems whatsoever, but in the past week or so, USPS has been acting very strange. Last week, I put a couple of first class packages (well under 13 oz) in my home mail slot for the carrier to pick-up. I've done that many, many times before with no problem. Well, I happened to be in the house when the carrier showed up and saw with my own eyes the carrier take the packages from the slot, put the regular mail through and then put the packages back in slot and just leave them!!!

Then, a couple of days later, I had a much larger package I needed to get out. I pay for Endicia so I can print all my postage at home and so I can avoid the lines at the post office because they are always ridiculously long. Although this branch is very busy, it does not have a drop-box for larger packages like just about every other branch I've ever been in. In the past, I've been able to drop off packages on the counter just by saying it already has postage, but this time they told me I had to stand in line (at least 20 minutes) before they would take the package because I had to answer the security questions which seemed pretty absurd to me.

So instead, I took the package back home, went online to the USPS site, scheduled a pick-up for the next day, indicated the package would be by the front door and waited to see what would happen. Luckily, I was home because, of course, the carrier had no clue she was supposed to pick-up anything and if I hadn't been there to give her the package, she would have just left it and been on her way.

Now, it is true there have been some trouble with very low-level pathetic mail bombs recently, but if I can just give my package to the carrier, then why do I have to stand in line at the post office to drop it off when it is already completely paid for? I'm not asking for special treatment, I'm just asking for an easy way to give the post office a package to mail that doesn't involve me wasting a lot of my time because their systems don't work in a sensible way.

being in hawaii UPS and FedEx are way too over priced...especially sending out larger items. USPS has always been good to me for a decent price.

If i were still in the continental US, i'd use UPS or FedEx ground for sure though.

I use USPS for small things and International. Fedex for larger items as USPS has gotten crazy on their priority prices for larger items.

I mail a lot of stuff and usually have no problems whatsoever, but in the past week or so, USPS has been acting very strange. Last week, I put a couple of first class packages (well under 13 oz) in my home mail slot for the carrier to pick-up. I've done that many, many times before with no problem. Well, I happened to be in the house when the carrier showed up and saw with my own eyes the carrier take the packages from the slot, put the regular mail through and then put the packages back in slot and just leave them!!!

Then, a couple of days later, I had a much larger package I needed to get out. I pay for Endicia so I can print all my postage at home and so I can avoid the lines at the post office because they are always ridiculously long. Although this branch is very busy, it does not have a drop-box for larger packages like just about every other branch I've ever been in. In the past, I've been able to drop off packages on the counter just by saying it already has postage, but this time they told me I had to stand in line (at least 20 minutes) before they would take the package because I had to answer the security questions which seemed pretty absurd to me.

So instead, I took the package back home, went online to the USPS site, scheduled a pick-up for the next day, indicated the package would be by the front door and waited to see what would happen. Luckily, I was home because, of course, the carrier had no clue she was supposed to pick-up anything and if I hadn't been there to give her the package, she would have just left it and been on her way.

Now, it is true there have been some trouble with very low-level pathetic mail bombs recently, but if I can just give my package to the carrier, then why do I have to stand in line at the post office to drop it off when it is already completely paid for? I'm not asking for special treatment, I'm just asking for an easy way to give the post office a package to mail that doesn't involve me wasting a lot of my time because their systems don't work in a sensible way.

I don't know how your letter carrier delivers, but does she have to walk her route around you? Maybe she can't carry them around with her. Did you leave them out there for awhile to see if she'd pick them up later?

Yesterday I printed out some shipping labels and opened my front door to find my mail man literally on my porch. I took my mail from him and handed the packages off. Easiest packages to send off ever! Can't complain about that!

We have all had at least one bad exp with one of the big 3. Mine was with UPS. They broke an item during shipping and it was insured. I went through several people and every time the response I got was "sorry, but tough. We aren't covering it".

We have all had at least one bad exp with one of the big 3. Mine was with UPS. They broke an item during shipping and it was insured. I went through several people and every time the response I got was "sorry, but tough. We aren't covering it".

On that note I just recently found out a tid bit from UPS I didn't know before or was ever informed about....

The insurance you pay for at UPS only covers loss. (or damage that is FUBAR). to have the item insured for internal damage during shipping you have to pay extra and have UPS actually pack the item themselves.

The info on FedEx I found out awhile ago and why I won't use them, their "insurance" isn't actually ins. at all....

I've now learned to read the fine print and ask a lot of questions...

sucks to say...but you gotta cover your own ass in those situations....this is how.

Most carriers wont honor the insurance on a damaged item if the outer packaging does not show signs of damage or neglect. If the outer packaging is in good shape but the statue or whatever inside of it is broken, most of the time carriers will not grant you the insurance for it.

So what you have to resort to if you ever need to file an insurance claim with ANY mail company, damage the outside and product box up a bit so that it looks like it was thrown around and neglected by the company!

Tricks of the trade my friend.

sexy_postwoman.jpg

____ the usps... these asses always forget to leave a note for my package.. because i live in a gated community they never even bother to ring the dialer at the gate... i only realize my package arrived when i check my tracking number.

U guys hate USPS, I hate UPS! I swear, whoever got my package atm, I pray to the ancient ones he/she/? gets the runs while on the highway!:emperor

sucks to say...but you gotta cover your own ass in those situations....this is how.

Most carriers wont honor the insurance on a damaged item if the outer packaging does not show signs of damage or neglect. If the outer packaging is in good shape but the statue or whatever inside of it is broken, most of the time carriers will not grant you the insurance for it.

So what you have to resort to if you ever need to file an insurance claim with ANY mail company, damage the outside and product box up a bit so that it looks like it was thrown around and neglected by the company!

Tricks of the trade my friend.

Very good advice that I will remember if needed again.

Back