USPS Priority Shipping Problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Ben

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just wanted a little input about if anyone else has ever experienced problems like mine with USPS.

I sold a Hot Toys John Connor on ebay and it was shipped out on Tuesday of last week via USPS Priority Mail to California from Illinois. The buyer and I are both worried because it still hasn't arrived yet. There also haven't been any updates to the tracking info other than the standard USPS was electronically notified standard message since I first shipped it.

I talked to someone from the post office and they said that it should deliver on Thursday or Friday and that there haven't been any updates because somebody probably forgot to scan the package. I'm a little annoyed because the lack of tracking updates and really long shipping time is probably making me look bad to my buyer.

Just wanting to know if anyone has ever experienced anything similar and if your shipment eventually arrived.

I would say when I get packages from USPS about 95% of them are not updated on the website until the actual day of delivery.

That's good to hear. I've noticed a lot of shipments I've sent out don't really get updated either. The buy seemed pretty freaked out about the lack of updates, though so I thought I'd ask anyhow.

This has happened to me before. Sometimes the tracking isn't updated until the package is at its destination city. I always ship insured now. Ive never had a package completely disappear, just sometimes ends up arriving late.

I agree with all of the posts thus far. Don't bother relying on USPS to update that info. until the day of delivery. Very rarely do I get updates before then. These kind of things happen to me all of the time when shipping with USPS.

I just wanted a little input about if anyone else has ever experienced problems like mine with USPS.

I sold a Hot Toys John Connor on ebay and it was shipped out on Tuesday of last week via USPS Priority Mail to California from Illinois. The buyer and I are both worried because it still hasn't arrived yet. There also haven't been any updates to the tracking info other than the standard USPS was electronically notified standard message since I first shipped it.

I talked to someone from the post office and they said that it should deliver on Thursday or Friday and that there haven't been any updates because somebody probably forgot to scan the package. I'm a little annoyed because the lack of tracking updates and really long shipping time is probably making me look bad to my buyer.

Just wanting to know if anyone has ever experienced anything similar and if your shipment eventually arrived.

Did you send it priority or first class? I know I read somewhere, maybe eBay, that they've added days to how long it takes to get there. Like something that's used to get there in 3 to 5 days now takes 3 to 7.

I think I may try to start going through UPS more often from now. However, I'm a lazy bastard, so I'm a big fan of the carrier pickup function on the USPS website.

I think I may try to start going through UPS more often from now. However, I'm a lazy bastard, so I'm a big fan of the carrier pickup function on the USPS website.

Though it's been awhile since I've shipped UPS, it's cheaper to send smaller items through USPS.

I had a box sent from San Francisco go to Orlando Florida before it came to me in Seattle. USPS can be weird sometimes.

AFAIK, USPS does not offer 'tracking'. You may have asked for tracking but they really gave you the number for the 'delivery confirmation' service only. So as others have noted, you'll probably only see an update once it is actually delivered.

If you want to know where it is though, you can call your post office or go in person. :-/

I've never had a problem. I just sent a package Priority from Seattle to NY and it got there in 3 days. I like to get insurance though...just to be safe.

Bigger packages (like PF's) I'll send UPS...but smaller ones, I always go with USPS.

I ordered some shirts online 12 days ago. it was shipped via usps priority and still not here. i usually get packages within 3-5 days via priority. something is up with the damn post office...

The delivery confirmation is weird because sometimes they do update it with info like "left Chicago sorting facility" or "arrived at post office in whatever town it arrived in", but I suppose since it is a delivery confirmation number that it technically only has to be updated when it's actually delivered.

I have a feeling it'll be showing up at the guy's place Thursday or Friday. That's what USPS told me so I'm going with it. It just sucks that it'll be almost 2 weeks for it to be delivered via priority mail.

AFAIK, USPS does not offer 'tracking'. You may have asked for tracking but they really gave you the number for the delivery confirmation service only. So as others have noted, you'll probably only see an update once it is actually delivered.

If you want to know where it is though, you can call your post office or go in person. :-/

Yeah this. That's been my experience.

Back