USPS Priority Shipping Problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm international and had a package that was sent to me via usps and they sent the thing to another country first (thailand) before sending it to me correctly (so i guess it happens). So i waited anxiously for an extra 2 weeks. :(

Well I refunded the money to the guy last Friday since it never shipped to him at that point after I had shipped it out on the 30th of March.

It still never shipped and I believe it must be lost in limbo somewhere, but the buyer is now saying that he's suspicious of me and thinks that I just didn't want to sell it to him at the price that he won it at and decided not to ship it.

I just don't understand his logic. I paid for a shipping label and he has the info attached to it stating that I made the label and it was ready for shipment. I refunded the money to him, so he's not out anything. I don't have the figure or the money. This is idiotic.

What I just don't get is if I was dishonest, why would I answer all of his messages and constantly keep tabs on the problem and when it didn't ship, refund his money?

He actually said he was suspicious because I was so quick to pay him back. I told him that I'd wait until that Friday to refund his money if it hadn't been received yet, and since it wasn't, I did. What's more, he agreed to this. What else does he want from me?

I generally make things simple. If a buyer opts out of insurance, loss of the package in transit is on them. I get the tracking number as proof that I sent the item.

The buyer says that since there are no updates to the tracking number, that I must have never actually shipped it.

The buyer says that since there are no updates to the tracking number, that I must have never actually shipped it.

If you got a tracking number...that is proof that you shipped it. The Post Office will not let you take the package back once you have dropped it off.

Edit - And further...you had as much reason to be suspicious as the buyer...even more. Without updates...you could have also said he got the package and is not telling the truth about it.

If he gives me any more crap, I think I'll just tell him that.

I hate how I tried to be so courteous to this guy and he still comes back accusing me when it is obviously on USPS. Oh well, such is life.

If he gives me any more crap, I think I'll just tell him that.

I hate how I tried to be so courteous to this guy and he still comes back accusing me when it is obviously on USPS. Oh well, such is life.

I know what you mean. I have been on the receiving end of this kind of stuff myself as both a buyer and a seller.

I once bought a figure that got lost by the USPS. The carrier swore she delivered it to me and the tracking number showed the delivery date. But in this situation, there was surveilance footage that showed her drpping off mail...but no box...on the date that the website said it was delivered.

And I got nothing.

The USPS online tracking system SUCKS! They are horrible at updating their system!

You would think they outrageous fees they charge that they would be on top of it....

iT SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM LATELY WITH USPS , BECAUSE I HAVE SHIPPED A FEW THINGS , AND HAD THINGS SHIPPED TO ME RECENTLY AND THE UDATED TRACKING INFORMATION IS ALWAYS WRONG .FOR INSTANCE I SHIPPED MY HOBO MYERS OUT PRIORITY FROM HERE (BOSTON) TO FLORIDA AND IT SHOULD TAKE 3 DAYS AT THE MOST , BUT WHEN I TRACKED IT , IT KEPT SAYING PROCESSED AND LEFT THE " SORT FACILITY" , SO FOR 3 DAYS IT WAS ON THE WAY TO ITS DESTINATION ? wtf / THEN WHEN I CHECKED IT AGAIN IT SAID IT WAS DELIVERED , SO DONT GO BY WHAT THE TRACKING INFO SAYS , BECAUSE 80% OF THE TIME ITS WRONG, I WOULDN'T WORRY TO MUCH FOR THING BEING SHIPPED Around the USA , its international , is what you gutta be sure of

Sorry to hear Boba Ben. I have dealt with a few _______ buyers before as well. He was lucky to have somebody as trusting as you to actually provide a refund without question. I once had somebody accuse me of the same thing last year over a couple of cheap neca figures, saying that "I intentionally was trying to steal from them". I responded within hours of their accusations against me that "I had not really shipped the item", telling them that I would go over to the Post office right away to find out what the delay was. 20 min after I sent the message to the customer, I had a paypal claim against me. One day later the package arrives, the claim was dropped, but they did not even have the manners to apologize for their accusations.

I actually have a pretty crazy update on this situation. USPS sent my John Connor back to me. It has been almost 2 months since it went out and a lot of complaining on my part to USPS, but I have him back. What's weird is that it came from some USPS facility in Georgia and I had originally shipped it to California.

Since it's been so long; I already refunded the guy; and I don't really want to deal with him since he acted like such a jerk anyhow, I think I'm going to keep John Connor. It's almost like he had a Toy Story adventure trying to make his way back to me. He has earned a place in my collection even though his movie sucked.

Back