Uruk Hai PF reg & ex photo thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, as i wrote earlier, i had two scrapes/chips on my Berserker's blade. Haven't emailed the photos to SSC yet. I take it there's a specific address to email those photos to on their site? They must be able to provide you with just the new sword and not make you destroy the entire statue as that would be ludicrous, right?

just received my excl! #156/750

anyone encountered some defects for this bad ass ?

1) 2 paint chips/flakes off the blade of the metal sword

2) a very slight line/crack on his left chest, above his nipple..

Should i email sideshow to get a replacement ?

here's a pic of the sword, will attach the chest pic later..

15082008125.jpg

I would probably just fix it myself if that's all that's wrong with it.

The amount of detail that went into this thing is intense. The PF's should be this detailed every single time for the prices they charge us ^^

Well done Sideshow. Will be adding more blood in places and touching up where the factory messed up some of the blood paint and made it too pink-ish but other then that, it looks stunning.

Last edited:
Doesn't look much like a to me either, could even be a hair from the brush? :dunno :huh :dunno

HI!

I received my Berserker today and I thought about adding my two cents to the discussion.....

First of all, it is the best piece release by Sideshow this year. Amazing sculpture, detail, expression, pose and attitude. I was going to settle for the regular edition because displaying the severed head with little kids around was not in my plans. I ended up getting the exclusive but still want to just display him holding the arrows..........until I saw the severed head.....

It is amazing. It is so well done that it is scary to look at. The paint job is great and because it hangs down it compliments the piece better than the arrows. Because I work form home and my son goes to preschool, I will be displaying the head during the day sometimes and switch to the arrows when the family is home. No, i'm not whipped, just trying to keep the peace...:D

Second, I decided to make the arrow on his right shoulder a bit of an angle, like it was shot from the top of the castle. I did that by just drilling the hole a bit deeper and in an angle with one of those hand hold drills thingy and putting the arrow in the angle I wanted. It was very easy and mess free. I also added a bit of clear red paint and back to the wounds to make them more realistic. i thought they were a bit dry. It is very subtle but makes a big difference.

The sword is Awesome. Pure metal so it is heavy. I wished they had done that with Lurtz's sword. The base is absolutely beautiful and the clothes really well done.

Paint job is fantastic. You can always add a bit more here and there like blood or drybrushing but I always try to add something to it to be unique but keeping it as close to the original as possible. It is a beautiful piece already so you don't have to do too much to it.

Anyway, my advise is, if you like LOTR and are into monster type characters, if you can afford and don't get this, you are an idiot, with all do respect. It is the best piece released in 2009 and I don't believe that Sideshow will be able to top that with another LOTR piece.

Get it or you'll be paying $1200 in the near future and you'll be thinking "I should have listened to Bear....."

Cheers

Excellent review. :clap

My Wait List just converted for the exclusive, after already buying an aftermarket regular edition. :lol

Can't wait to have the head option for display. :(

My photo

And from todays newsletter: "After fulfilling all orders, we've discovered that FIFTEEN (15) Exclusive Uruk-hai Berserker Premium Format Figures are now available!". 15 lucky collectors out there somewhere.

sideshow recieved my ban draft today. Just a matter of waiting for it now. :rock:rock
Awesome review Bear , can't wait for this one. :rock

This is THE statue of the year and I don't think anything else coming from sideshow for the rest of the year will top it.
I only have the Lurtz Ex from this line and had stopped collecting LOTR PF's until the pre order for this was announced. It would be in my top 10 for all sideshow PF's easily and I can't believe there is still 15 left!
If you are thinking about getting one DO IT!

The "leftover" stocks are probably due to credit card declines. Those who want it now and can afford it, this is probably the best time to pick it up at retail price.

My Uruk has just shipped! Due for delivery on 25 Aug!

This is THE statue of the year and I don't think anything else coming from sideshow for the rest of the year will top it.
I only have the Lurtz Ex from this line and had stopped collecting LOTR PF's until the pre order for this was announced. It would be in my top 10 for all sideshow PF's easily and I can't believe there is still 15 left!
If you are thinking about getting one DO IT!

I am on the waitlist for this beauty so fingers crossed I get one because I love the pics I've seen and really want this guy...

just received an email from ssc saying i could get a replacement for the body and sword.. now to destroy it :p

i think Gimli just decapitated this berserker.. like juicy chicken drumstick & wings.

Abit sad though lol.

Photo239.jpg

Photo235.jpg

Back