UPDATED- Hot Toys – MIS12 -1/6th scale Bruce Lee Collectible Figure (In Casual Wear)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MIS12 -1/6th scale Bruce Lee Collectible Figure (In Casual Wear)

Yup - I have the DX Lee on PO. Give me a GOD Lee Hot Toys, and then I'll be completely happy.

One can only presume it is coming, but my hopes of having it come with a smiling portrait have since gone out the window.

Nice approach by HT though,first his most iconic movie ETD then this...2 good representations of Bruce Lee.
It depends on the price if im getting both or just one,im getting at least one of them.

This should have been 1 figure based on the little accessories it comes with,and one and the same head,so the price shouldn't be more than 120-130$ at the most.

Same sculpt on 2 figures? Damn thats lame.

Great looking figure though.

Have to agree on both counts. Really surprised HT would do something as lazy as this... especially when they could easily charge out the ass and included both outfits in one figure :huh

Have to agree on both counts. Really surprised HT would do something as lazy as this... especially when they could easily charge out the ass and included both outfits in one figure :huh

unless its $100-$120/each then it makes sense. Wishful thinking I know but I just can't see HT make this kinda business plan or that BL has that kinda pull.

can't understand who says HT is cheating geting easy money on this figure...!?!
HT is a company who works to make money my friends! You can complaint about quality or prices not about the fact that they are releasing two versions of the same sculpt! you must be happy if they let you chose...?! when they put a lot of stuff in one figure asking 300 dollars you complaint if they split it in two you complaint...WTF!if you don't like don't buy but don't say they want make money, it's obvious.

there are companies that make outfits for 1/6 figure you can dress your BL as you like, and on ebay you can find chairs or whatever you want.

I'm not a huge Bruce Lee fan but i might pick this up , its probably gunna be cheap seeing that there are no accessories . Awesome chair , i will put a budweiser in his hand and have him lounge in my jungle diorama chilling with the Predators :panic::panic::panic:

You're not planning to get the GOD version of BL by Enterbay?

I was going to get it, it looks beautiful, but IMO, HT will make a GOD version based on them having the Lee license, that being an iconic look among many other factors. And if that's the case, then there is no reason to spend an excessive amount of money for that Enterbay piece. I'm taking a risk that HT will make one, who knows? But at this point, I don't want to buy the enterbay one, and then feel cheated 'cause HT is making one a few months down the line.

:crosses fingers:

unless its $100-$120/each then it makes sense. Wishful thinking I know but I just can't see HT make this kinda business plan or that BL has that kinda pull.

Yeah, if... and its a big if the figure is a discount price I could understand the decision. But; I have a feeling it will at least be $135... that M-Icon packaging does not come cheap.

can't understand who says HT is cheating geting easy money on this figure...!?!
HT is a company who works to make money my friends! You can complaint about quality or prices not about the fact that they are releasing two versions of the same sculpt! you must be happy if they let you chose...?! when they put a lot of stuff in one figure asking 300 dollars you complaint if they split it in two you complaint...WTF!if you don't like don't buy but don't say they want make money, it's obvious.

Again, if they are discounted for individual sale then its not as big of an issue... but I seriously doubt they will as the M-Icon figures tend to be on the high-end. And fairly lame that if you want to buy both figures (which it seems many do) you have two figures with the same very specific headsculpt.

Most people don't really complain about huge figure sets... The MJ Thriller set was awesome and came with 2 heads, 2 outfits and a ton of hands. All that was needed was an extra $40 for a body an you had 2 kickass figures.

I was going to get it, it looks beautiful, but IMO, HT will make a GOD version based on them having the Lee license, that being an iconic look among many other factors. And if that's the case, then there is no reason to spend an excessive amount of money for that Enterbay piece. I'm taking a risk that HT will make one, who knows? But at this point, I don't want to buy the enterbay one, and then feel cheated 'cause HT is making one a few months down the line.

:crosses fingers:

Oh I see. Yah, if I were to choose a company that would produce the GOD version of BL that most likely I'll buy..that for sure would be HT as the price will be more affordable than EB plus Arnie's w/them already! :hi5: Hopefully HT is also planning to release this version. Goodluck! :pray:

I'd say GOD is almost a guarantee... too iconic not to be made.

I think it is music or movie Icon. Otherwise, not sure how Brando and James Dean fit in.

The smiling Lee sculpt is nice as a one-off, but most folks wanting a Lee in their collection are gonna prefer something more serious or aggressive. So, weird to me that they're double dipping with this sculpt. But I guess a serious look wouldn't work with either of these outfits. And this is probably a low-cost route for HT to go. But I don't figure I'll buy either of these.

Fantastic head sculpt! But the same HS on two separate figures? As Homey D. Clown would say, "I don't think so... Homey don't play dat!"

I'll be passing on the suit version and pick this one up instead. It'll go nicely with the BL ETD EX I have on pre-order at Sideshow.

I think it is music or movie Icon. Otherwise, not sure how Brando and James Dean fit in.

The smiling Lee sculpt is nice as a one-off, but most folks wanting a Lee in their collection are gonna prefer something more serious or aggressive. So, weird to me that they're double dipping with this sculpt. But I guess a serious look wouldn't work with either of these outfits. And this is probably a low-cost route for HT to go. But I don't figure I'll buy either of these.

Ah, forgot about Brando and Dean.

I've got the ETD on order... but may dump it in favor of the GOD when the time comes.

I hope they'll also do a Pacino figure whether from MIS or MMS. :pray:

Yah, I also don't think a serious or angry expression would fit in this kind of costume. The smiling face best suits these get-up. :)

Pacino has supposedly not been generous with allowing use of his likeness (apart from Scarface, which seems to be the exception). Otherwise, I figure we would have seen Michael Corleone soon after Vito.

Back