UPDATED- Hot Toys – MIS12 -1/6th scale Bruce Lee Collectible Figure (In Casual Wear)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am struggling with the same problem Russell - and I also have a soft spot for the suit one (from "Enter the Dragon") which indeed makes Bruce look very classy, though the causal wear has some very good reference to Bruce also... Being a Bruce Lee fan I might end up with both...
tongue.gif

I think you are making a valid point, but I think these two outfits are so different, they should have done two releases with two different heads. Or one release with two figures (again with different heads). Or just made one release with one of the outfits………

Yeah same here. Im not the biggest Bruce fan but have always liked him, then i started Jeet Kune Do about 6 months ago and really got into Bruce. Starting to become a massive fan. I really shouldnt be buying both, especially after getting the DX Bruce, but i really dont wanna be without either. I wanted the suit version as its kind of another representation from ETD, as you said. But also just because it looks quite slick and i think it'll be a really well made suit. But the casual one just looks so..Bruce. With the chinese style shirt. :gah: :lol

Yeah, if they'd had different heads it might not be so bad. I just think its a pain that you have to choose whcih to buy, or buy essentially the same figure twice with different outfits. That said, we'll probably buy both anyway. :hi5: :rotfl

Which of the two are you going for Otaku Surf - causal or suit ?
smiley.gif

I really like the suit version and will probably wait and get that one. I'm just hoping that the figure comes out next month as axecutioner18 heard.

It's going to be hard to wait for it with the casual wear already out. :impatient:

Although the casual wear figure turned out great. I've got to stop myself from getting both!!

I heard the suit version is releasing next month... what a way for HT to kill Enterbay's already taken-a-beating Game of Death due next month...Hopefully if HT sees how well the Bruce Lee line is selling, they may consider getting/fighting for the licenses of his other movies...

First off, i am a huge Bruce Lee fan. Never bothered with the Medicom's, but I have all the Enterbay's (apart from the first GOD), the DX04, and PO'd both of the smiling Bruce's as well.

That said, titled to my own opinion, i also feel HT is doing this to steal the thunder away from EB's new GOD. Most of my collection is HT, but its like the big corporation monopoly is bullying the small company climbing the uphill battle. EB has their product issues, but HT..... show some class man. Theres no justifiable reason this was pumped up a few months in advance. Its definetily not to reach any f*kin anniversery or not for the sake of the fans that want their products ahead of schedule.

but its like the big corporation monopoly is bullying the small company climbing the uphill battle. EB has their product issues, but HT..... show some class man. Theres no justifiable reason this was pumped up a few months in advance. Its definetily not to reach any f*kin anniversery or not for the sake of the fans that want their products ahead of schedule.

You want HT to let EB beat them to the punch on every line, every character, pick up steam and take potential / existing HT customers away from them? Not happening.

I'd say Toys2 has this in a few more weeks, June according to Eric.

Each new picture is winning me over more and more. Just afraid when the suit version is released it'll have the same effect. haha. :lol

I am struggling with the same problem Russell - and I also have a soft spot for the suit one (from "Enter the Dragon") which indeed makes Bruce look very classy, though the causal wear has some very good reference to Bruce also... Being a Bruce Lee fan I might end up with both...

Easy choice for me. :)
I've always wanted the cocky 'king of Kung Fu' that was the real Bruce Lee, when he was in full 'Asian Elvis' mode. The sweet 70s shirt, smile, gold watch and peace sign hand represnt that perfectly :blissy

The dude was voted 'worst dressed man' in 1972 by the HK press. His personal dress sense wasn't known for being classy. :D

Back