Action Figure UPDATED:Custom Nostromo Kane : FINISHED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED:Custom Nostromo Kane : Lighting Test Pictures. 99% done.

I also further refined the HS. Mainly the eyes and nose. And note the chin strap.

nostromo_kane_portrait18.jpg
nostromo_kane_portrait19.jpg
nostromo_kane_portrait20.jpg

Re: UPDATED:Custom Nostromo Kane : Lighting Test Pictures. 99% done.

Couldn't sleep so I took a bunch of pics of Kane in the full suit. The final HS looks really good in the helmet. :yess:

nostromo_kane_99_1.jpg
nostromo_kane_99_2.jpg
nostromo_kane_99_3.jpg

Re: UPDATED:Custom Nostromo Kane : Kane IN FULL GEAR!

Some shots focusing on the HS under the helmet.

nostromo_kane_99_9.jpg
nostromo_kane_99_10.jpg
nostromo_kane_99_11.jpg
nostromo_kane_99_8.jpg

Looks great. It amazes me, too, I must say, that someone could do all this themselves at home, not just the sculpt but also putting together all the particulars of the costume, it makes me feel like I should shape up.

On the subject of Hurt sculpts, and if you were looking for other comparisons/examples, I have memories of some time ago seeing a sculpt that was just perfect. It took some effort to track it down, it'd been posted on this forum but all the links are broken now. Looking at it now it's not as perfect as I recall, but I feel it's approaching perfection (particularly in the shot with the isolated face).

al4.jpg

This was originally posted by mindbook here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42229&page=14

Thanks for the posting Grosby. The quality of the paint job on that sculpt is amazing. But the likeness to be honest is pretty off. He looks bloated and puffy. I think the problem is that none of the features are in scale with the rest of the face. I think he made the most common mistake; it looks like he made the entire sculpt based on that one picture of hurt - which is at an odd angle. So you can see the weird distortion of face proportions in the sculpt. Like it is almost a latex Halloween mask of Kane rather than Kane himself.

I'm sorry but I don't see Hurt. I see the actor who plays T-1000 as he appeared in "The X-Files".

Yeah, I don't think it's exact, the overall shape doesn't seem right, but certain features I think are captured pretty well, at least to my eyes. I just thought anyway that you (and others who were posting about the head) might like to see that attempt for comparison. It was though, as I said, more perfect in my memory than it turned out to be when I found the picture again.

Yeah, I don't think it's exact, the overall shape doesn't seem right, but certain features I think are captured pretty well, at least to my eyes. I just thought anyway that you (and others who were posting about the head) might like to see that attempt for comparison. It was though, as I said, more perfect in my memory than it turned out to be when I found the picture again.

Thanks Grosby. I think I remember seeing this a while back when the HT figures first came out. I was also looking around for a good replacement head for the Freddie Mercury one that came with the figure. I think if he went back and reduced the width of the cheeks (as seen from the front) - it would start to look a lot more balanced.

I think it's the puffiness' and shape of the eyes that's throwing the sculpt off.

OUTSTANDING!!! And I like the new nose!

And those shots of the sculpt inside the suit look totally real.

Thanks Wor-Gar! :1-1: Yes - I took your advice and narrowed the nose a bit - and I took both yours and Anthrapoid's advice and reduced the nostrils a bit too. It's very slight but helped a great deal.

I also reduced the puffiness of the lower lids based on Dr. Bernardi" imput.

I think it's the puffiness' and shape of the eyes that's throwing the sculpt off.

Thanks Butters. I actually reduced the puffiness of the lower lids a great deal. There's a problem with scaling that comes into play with 1/6 scale faces. If I reduce it any more - it wouldn't be visible. I'm not a good enough sculptor to capture ultimate realism - so I tend to focus on characterization. If I can capture the spirit of the subject so that at a glance people immediately know who it is - I'm happy.

Amazing amazing work, tinister. Truly astounding. It is by far one of the absolute best customs I have ever seen.

@Tinister - I'm soooo jealous.

The best grails are always the ones I can never own. Your Kane just made that list.

Actually. I just came up with a fix for the lower lids - and it looks much better! Will post pics later tonight.

Amazing amazing work, tinister. Truly astounding. It is by far one of the absolute best customs I have ever seen.

Thanks Mad Old Lu! :hi5: I'm getting super close to finishing him up.

@Tinister - I'm soooo jealous.

The best grails are always the ones I can never own. Your Kane just made that list.

Aww. Thanks Kamandi! :1-1: I'm going to try to make time this summer to make some suits and sculpted parts available so you can make your own version. I think with just the addition of a fabric suit and HS - the HT Kane is improved by 60%.

Last edited:
Back