Update and Master List for custom work from DarkArtist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just want to say, i don't want a refund for any of the work i commissioned from you, josh. as long as i get the original heads back. i don't know or understand your financial situation, but if you say it's bad, i believe you (and the dissenters can call me a sap if they want). i don't want to make that situation worse by taking money out of paychecks that are stretched. this isn't an act of mercy or kindness, it's just that i've written that money off a long time ago anyway and i don't need it.

i have to say, i think some of the comments here might have gone a bit far. they do seem to have pushed you into some action though, so i think there might be something positive out of all these pages and pages of back and forth. but micro's was the only one that said what needed to be said with decency and without unnecessary cruelty. call me an apologist and a blind supporter if you have to, but josh did us wrong, and i agree with a lot of what was said. but some people seemed to be a bit too furious in what they said. cruelty never solves anything.

i just hope you can put things right little by little, josh. i really do for your sake as much as everyone else's.

I disagree with locking it just so we can see if Josh sent out items to TWO people.
Keep it open so that those of us waiting on an update for shipping from Carl can still get them and just delete any posts that are attacks or are from people with no business here. If it get locked until next Friday for Micro and Seb, then it will be too late for Carl to have shipped anything next week.

I also disagree with locking it, I'd like a refund for commission fees as well. Thanks!

I'm just going to do the group commissions first, one at a time, one paycheck at a time. Once I get that accomplished I will try to move on to the regular commissions and figure them all out. I took care of KL241 now, and will get Macready done next week. After that I will work my way through the Ash group and move on to the others. I know it's not much, but it's a start.

Somebody asked me "why now"... and here is my answer. I honestly gave up, and when Carl offered to help I just wanted to let it all go... which is unfair not only to Carl but to you all. I became more involved with what was going on in my life: Bankruptcy, Baby, Job, School... and forgot that there were still things I could do to help this situation. My not coming on here didn't help either.

But this whole situation has illuminated the fact that I CAN do something, albeit very small. So now I will try to rectify what I can, even if it is small and hardly enough to right the wrong. It's not perfect, but it IS something.

We aren't going to lock this thread in the hopes that Josh will continue to update until the matter is resolved.

(I know I said I wouldn't post again, but I'm compelled to here...)

Keep it going Josh! Keep on trying!

I made an ultimatum with myself to get ALL my own late work done and out of my life by March. Beginning or end of the month, not sure yet, but I will get it ALL done and off my back for all time, and into the hands of those that paid me and await it. You have to try hard to do the same.
Not just for them, although they totally deserve it for trusting you in the first place, but for your own long term personal peace of mind as well.

One thing at a time! But always forward! :rock

Thanks Josh for my refund, I really appreciate it. I look forward to the other parts for Ash when you are done. I wish the best for you and your family.

I'm just going to do the group commissions first, one at a time, one paycheck at a time. Once I get that accomplished I will try to move on to the regular commissions and figure them all out. I took care of KL241 now, and will get Macready done next week. After that I will work my way through the Ash group and move on to the others. I know it's not much, but it's a start.

Somebody asked me "why now"... and here is my answer. I honestly gave up, and when Carl offered to help I just wanted to let it all go... which is unfair not only to Carl but to you all. I became more involved with what was going on in my life: Bankruptcy, Baby, Job, School... and forgot that there were still things I could do to help this situation. My not coming on here didn't help either.

But this whole situation has illuminated the fact that I CAN do something, albeit very small. So now I will try to rectify what I can, even if it is small and hardly enough to right the wrong. It's not perfect, but it IS something.

No one can ask for more Josh - just knowing that you haven't forgotten and are doing what you can to rectify this - even if it is just one small dent at a time - works wonders in easing people's minds. As I said before - actions speak so much louder than words - -and you paying a person back here and there - and shipping things back when you can - shows that you are serious when you said you wanted to fix this mess.

And I'm glad to see you stepping up and realizing that you can do something. Just keep making those dents and before long this will be behind you.

I don't have a horse in this race and should probably STFU, but it's cool to see Josh has more tact than Chris Howes and other true scumbags.

Looks like you got your head on straight Josh. You may not think so with all that has been said and done here, but i think it's pretty safe to say that everyone here is still pulling for you.

I'm happy to see that this will settled and be put behind everybody.

Good luck to DA, it will be tough but keep on hanging on bud.

So Carl should be getting some quotes to me in the next couple days. What I am going to do is post in this thread that the first page has been updated. Those of you who have shipping quotes, will see the amount that needs to be paid to Carl, next to your name.

Carl asks that you please mark these payments as a gift. If you don't want to mark it as a gift - then please send extra to cover paypal fees. Carl is not making a dime doing this and is donating a large amount of his time to get these things returned to us. It would be unfair if he got stuck paying out of his own pocket for our shipping because of paypal fees.

I will also have Carl's paypal address listed. Once he has received payment - he will get your items out within a week. Again, please make sure that your CURRENT shipping address is listed in the message area when you paypal Carl so he can verify that he has your correct information. If your address has changed since I first made the list - Please make a note in Caps or something with ALERT ADDRESS CHANGE (or something similar) so it catches Carl's attention.

Well done Josh, glad to see you are able to make some headway here.

For the record; consider us square. Don't worry about Myers or any commission, fees... etc. One less thing on the old plate :duff

Really? ____ you dude... I didn't spend money on that mask any time after this whole mess went down. I stupidly spent that money back when I got a nice Financial Aid check. I would have already sold it if Ebay hadn't stopped allowing for sales of Myers masks. It was a dumb decision. I am ____ING HUMAN, I make mistakes just like all of you.

As for the games, I get them used for one.. and usually by trading in other games. And that is usually only on the few that I don't get as gifts for Birthdays or Christmas...

Do I seriously have to explain everything I ever get from now on because of this situation?? Do I have to list every gift, every game borrowed from friends, any prizes won from Sideshow, or any amazing deals I land??

I hate to be the party pooper and don't really want to stir the pot (if it does, it does but I want to get my point across/this off my chest).

You are doing a good thing by saying you are going to make good, little by little and actually refunded kl241 and are sending Maulfan's box. That is truly great and I'm sure we all hope to see this continuing trend. That being said, I am kind of shocked about your first post and just everything else you said. I find it ridiculous that the first words in your first post back here were "first off, you guys are a-holes". Why? Because you owe lots of us things and/or money and to top it all off, we see things in black and white about you purchasing items and having time for other/fun recreational things rather than getting to what you owe all of us? Regardless, you have a long list of people that you owe and we have gotten nothing from you. I think you should have started that in reverse. You have our money and things, not vice versa.

Your new score for the Myers Mask was posted Feb 2010; that was when this whole mess WAS going down. You also said you drove to GA to pick it up, yet no time to go to the Post Office to drop off any of our stuff. Please explain that so i can understand it. Maybe I'm missing something? I'm going by what YOU typed and the mask shown on the forum and of course the date.

Also, I or anyone else had/has no idea you got the supposed $200 Captain America comic (as per YOUR words) for $1. If you did, that's great....though seems unlikely. But again, I cannot know. I usually say if it's too good to be true, it usually is. So I wouldn't bite any of our heads off for us complaining about any of those things since we saw them in black and white (apparantley wthout knowing the circumstances), all while you owe lots of us. In any event, I don't want to beat a dead horse with it (but felt it needed to be said since you felt appropriate to try and turn it around that we are the a-holes and that you did nothing wrong with buying stuff). I just can't see that justifying any one of us as being an a-hole or crazy for complaining and felt I needed to respond to that.

That's great that again you are saying you will chip away at it, little by little. I really hope you do, so you can put this behind you and all of us; all of this will then be moot. For the record, I'm not really angry. Never really was; I actually had faith and was positive about the whole thing until you promised action and there was none on your end. You also buying extra things and having time for other/fun things but not your outstanding orders was also a big factor. Moving forward, Just try and make things right the best you can so we all can come out of this with some sort of satisfaction That is the bottom line.

Back