Update and Master List for custom work from DarkArtist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've lost quite a bit of money due to Josh as well. He's taken more than 2+ years on some of my commission and not delivered a single one. Part of me is angry but another part of me still feels sorry for him. Contrary to what Deckard and others might say, I do consider him a friend and I greatly sympathize with him. All of his family troubles were real and he's been through a lot these past few years. I know this doesn't excuse what he's done and it's frustrating hearing the deadlines about commissions and never seeing a single one in hand.

However, I will absolutely not file a complaint against Josh. It'll be pointless. The man is down; he's got nothing left. He's struggling to fend for himself and his family. What's the point? He won't be able to pay any of you back much less finish the commissions. I understand that some of you are beyond this point and do not care what happens to him but ask yourselves if this is worth it. And no, I'm not being a coward or whatever else some have called the folks who have stuck up for Josh in the past. I'm just trying to be reasonable. Hopefully Carl can get us most of our stuff back and finish this chapter.

I used to feel this way too, after meeting Josh at Comic Con I was really amazed by his talents; and I don't even collect action figures. They were just so damn impressive and I wanted to help him out so I comissioned a Joker and Rorscach figure - and stated at the time that he need to 1) charge more for the figures, to cover his expenses and 2) take on less commissions (which I believe #1 would have accomplished). His humility and persona really impressed me (even after 5 or 6 beers :drink :lol) and I really liked who I met that night.

But then it all went south ...

Of course he got in over his head, and it seemed like he had another tragic story just about every week; but there really is no excuse for failing to ship items back after all this time. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a few months; if my wife miscarried I wouldn't be shipping out toys either! But I was genuinely appaled when he frankly told me that if I were to just send him funds to pay for a flat rate shipping box that he would spend those funds elsewhere with a total lack of self-control. Who does this!? Salt in the wound is hearing and seeing his activities and items collected after all of this debacle. :sick

Carl is good for it though, at least some of you have your items in his hands ---- I am ____ ____ed out of luck. :gah: :mad: :monkey4 :thud:

I admit I was one of those who defended Josh. I considered him a friend - I had met him in person and spent some time playing games with him and others on XBox Live. He seemed like an honest guy to me who got in over his head. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that he would do the right thing. I wanted to believe him because the Josh I had gotten to know previously to all this, would have made things right. I got in arguments with people who thought I was a stupid fool- but I still wanted to believe that he would come through for us. I wanted the stand up guy, the one who served his country - to show us that his word was good. And well, all I got in return was basically a slap in the face. It was a huge disappointment because I expected better of him.

I had mixed emotions about someone like Carl helping him out. He made this mess and I felt like he would learn nothing from it if someone came in and saved the day for him. He doesn't have to ship things back, he doesn't have to finish things he promised to do, he doesn't have to pay people back.....he can go on with his life pretending like he didn't screw a bunch of people over while others clean up his mess. But I wanted people to have the possibility of getting their things back - because by this point I felt like it was never going to happen with Josh. Any hope I had in him was long gone.

Now I have placed my hope in Carl that he will come through and get the items he has shipped out. I absolutely hate shipping stuff out - and I am thankful that he has volunteered to clean up Josh big stink hole of a mess - because it definitely is going to require a fair amount of time on his part.

Is this a perfect solution to this problem - definitely not. Josh should be cleaning up his own messes - but I think it's easier for Josh to just deny and pretend like there is nothing wrong than deal with these things. With that attitude, we all lose. At least with Carl we have hope that some of us will be getting some of our things back. Does that make everything ok - no - we are still out money that we paid for those services...but hopefully it will give some people closure so they can let it go. For those who are still out their items and money, I understand your frustration and anger. If any one wants to take legal action against Josh, that is your right.

Now, I said I would not delete posts of people wanting to vent - because I feel people do need an outlet for this never ending mess. However, I do not want to read about members attacking other members. So what if some of us defended Josh in the beginning and hoped he would pull through. If none of us defended him - do any of you really think you would have gotten your stuff back? Probably not.

Is it wrong for people to want to believe that their is some good in others (especially someone who they had known for a couple years on this board) - that we can trust them on their word? I don't think so. We have seen time and again people on this board do wonderful things to help out other members. We get to know people here and consider them friends - yes it may just be internet friends...but the acts of kindness they show is something you would also see in your "real life" friends. MOST OF THE TIME - these board friends are true - sometimes you end up getting the short end of the stick, as in this case. Such is the way on the internet and in real life.

Once again I will ask that people who do not have items with Josh or Carl stay out of this thread. And no personal attacks among members - these kinds of posts will be deleted and possibly infracted.

That was a good post. I think you did everything right. Like you said, if everyone were to attack Josh, we had/have less of a chance of getting our stuff back. That is the main reason why I didn't post too much about my situation and the fact he got that Myers Mask. Just would have added more attacks. Like you, I would agree that I figure with less pressure and negative attacks, he would maybe have better spirits and come to his senses a little bit and make things right. I sent josh money in Sept. 09' and saw a post of his in Feb 2010 about his new score - The Myers mask. All I know is he definitely knew that he wasn't going to send me anything after he got my money; that and he also bought the Myers mask and even drove to GA to pick it up he stated! So that shows me he had and has no regard for the outstanding orders whatsoever; or I guess I should say little regard; maybe he thought by accepting new orders he could have funds for the existing/older ones but then again, then the new orders are screwed. Also, he chose to spend very good amount of money, anywhere from $400-500 on the Myers Mask instead of putting the funds to his long list of outstanding orders. That money could have at least been used to ship the items back and maybe for some materials to finish others. So he had little care about the orders that shows me.

Like you said, everyone should not be attacking each other just because someone defended Josh previously. So what if they did? Josh is the one who did this to everyone, not anyone else so don't forget that. Also, what's done is done. Now it's time to move forward.

Last edited:
Yes, what's done is done. Now we just got to try to make the best of this situation - any way we can.

I know Josh has "owned" up to his mistakes and takes full responsibility. But I have always been a firm believer that actions speak louder than words - and the only action I have seen thus far (in over a year) has been from Carl.

I know Josh has "owned" up to his mistakes and takes full responsibility. But I have always been a firm believer that actions speak louder than words - and the only action I have seen thus far (in over a year) has been from Carl.

"I don't blame people for their mistakes, but I do ask that they pay for them."

So kl241, ebayarea, and myself would be in for the complaint so far. I'm not sure if this is allowed here or not but here's the post/thread I'm talking about for Josh's new score in Feb 2010 - the Myers mask. I figure people involved would be interested to see this, what I saw (so it's not just my word but there in black and white)?

link to the thread:

https://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61900&p=611009&hilit=darkartist81#p611009

and the post itself:

by DarkArtist81 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:18 pm

I had to bump this thread.... I went to GA and picked this up this past weekend from James. And WOW... the pics don't do it justice, this mask is a beauty in person. James really knocked it out of the park, as usual. I needed a good positive emotional boost, so this was very well timed. I'm honored to finally have a JC mask of my very own.

The eyecuts are sick as Hell, the hairline is perfect, the paint is has that vintage H1 vibe, the hair feels like old DP hair.... it's really an amazing effort on his part, a very accurate representation of the H1 mask. I couldn't be happier. I'll try to get some pics soon to post up, for now I just keep staring at it and am just stunned that it is here and it's MINE!

Last edited:
"He could say a kid got his password and did all that crap, and there is no way for regular police to investigate it"
He cant say that cause i went to his house and saw everything in there and i think i have video of it to.

Jen's post is awesome. Says everything perfectly. Exactly how i felt in the beginning - believing in someone and not wanting to give up on him coz he seemed like a top dude. But you slap even a Hare Krishna in the face for too long and he's gonna paint black stripes on his outfit and go tiger style on you. I had faith for too long. I don't think that makes me a bad person. Just not cynical enough.

But Josh not being able to rectify anything in the slightest, not being able to use prepaid boxes, or refrain from flaunting expensive items bought using money he could have used to refund people... well that's just a big old turd in my morning coffee.

I'm in for the list, not because of the money but the principle of it all. :wave

My "order" date was summer of 2008. :thud:

Ah shucks. :lol

And PS, if Ironman could read even a page back, she/he would see that I said defend as in still to this day,(the people who still don't get it) and has basically just flipped out for no reason the same as devil last night who even admitted to misreading it as well. :clap

Actually, what I recall admitting to was that you were making broad generalizations, calling all of his defenders cowards by the words you chose, when in fact you were only referring to a certain few. I gave you the latitude to have meant only what you intended, and chose to revoke my offense to what you actually said.

And you still have no business in here, so why are you still posting?

Because people are quoting me and asking me questions. :wave

I wouldn't want to be rude and not answer. :lol

It ain't gonna happen, but if this "list" ever materializes sign me up. And put me on one for Sovereign, as well.

DA's the reason I had a miscarriage. He also started all the wars in the world.

mel-gibson-is-insane.jpg

So kl241, ebayarea, and myself would be in for the complaint so far. I'm not sure if this is allowed here or not but here's the post/thread I'm talking about for Josh's new score in Feb 2010 - the Myers mask. I figure people involved would be interested to see this, what I saw (so it's not just my word but there in black and white)?

link to the thread:

https://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61900&p=611009&hilit=darkartist81#p611009

and the post itself:

by DarkArtist81 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:18 pm

I had to bump this thread.... I went to GA and picked this up this past weekend from James. And WOW... the pics don't do it justice, this mask is a beauty in person. James really knocked it out of the park, as usual. I needed a good positive emotional boost, so this was very well timed. I'm honored to finally have a JC mask of my very own.

The eyecuts are sick as Hell, the hairline is perfect, the paint is has that vintage H1 vibe, the hair feels like old DP hair.... it's really an amazing effort on his part, a very accurate representation of the H1 mask. I couldn't be happier. I'll try to get some pics soon to post up, for now I just keep staring at it and am just stunned that it is here and it's MINE!

This needs more attention.

No stake here, just looking out of curiosity, but a suggestion (and question for Jen or any mod present) -

Would it be more productive to start a thread (maybe private, based on invitation from the master list of "owed" members) for people who are interested in taking legal action? That way it could be organized outside of this designated follow-up thread.

I'm not promoting it or condemning it, just sayin...

My sympathies to everybody who got ripped. I got lucky with DA but got hit by PinkertonFX. :dunno

I just filed a complaint on the IC3 website. It only took 5 minutes. I included all the pertinent info/paypal transaction id and also the link to this website thread to show the other victims. Here is the link to the online complaint website (just click I Accept at the bottom of page to get started):

https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Very easy and simple fill in the blank stuff. If you feel like you want to do something/report it/complain, this is at least something/a start.

No stake here, just looking out of curiosity, but a suggestion (and question for Jen or any mod present) -

Would it be more productive to start a thread (maybe private, based on invitation from the master list of "owed" members) for people who are interested in taking legal action? That way it could be organized outside of this designated follow-up thread.

I'm not promoting it or condemning it, just sayin...

My sympathies to everybody who got ripped. I got lucky with DA but got hit by PinkertonFX. :dunno

We are not going to organize a list of people who want to take legal action. It's up to those individuals to do it on their own, if they choose to.

I just filed a complaint on the IC3 website. It only took 5 minutes. I included all the pertinent info/paypal transaction id and also the link to this website thread to show the other victims. Here is the link to the online complaint website (just click I Accept at the bottom of page to get started):

https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Very easy and simple fill in the blank stuff. If you feel like you want to do something/report it/complain, this is at least something/a start.

I'll get on it myself, though the first question that anyone would ask is "why you would wait so long?!" :slap :lol

That post from the other board was pretty enfuriating for the record. :monkey1

We are not going to organize a list of people who want to take legal action. It's up to those individuals to do it on their own, if they choose to.

I didn't mean to suggest it as a formal action by the board/mods. Just a suggestion for people who got ripped off using this board to organize themselves outside of this (otherwise dedicated) thread. I mentioned the mods only to see if it would be possible to even start such a thread, or if that would be a violation of board policy.

Obviously the board itself and Dave / mods are not responsible for any of this. But this is where it happened, where the effected people are, and the easiest place for them to get it together.

Again, I'm not trying to start trouble. I just think it would make more sense to have a designated place to organize rather than have jumbled random (and off topic) posts about it in this thread.

Just trying to be helpful. :peace

I considered Josh a friend as well and even defended him. Even though he had my items SS Indy and Toy Biz Gimli forever. Hell, I even came up with a way for him to send stuff to Les and he'd finish it.

However, after seeing him play multiple new games on xbox (which is several games at $50-$60) and the post about him buying a $500 mask I'm done beyond done. I've felt this way for a long while. The guy has ripped me off and others and its time that things come to an end by people taking legal action if they can. I'm leaning that way myself sadly.

I've seen several excuses in here for Josh still and I'm sorry they just don't fly. You man up and take care of what you need to take care of and that is the right thing to do. Like Mesa when Josh got picked for the spook chat I was a bit annoyed considering what he's done and I almost sent a PM to UT that he shouldn't pick Josh.

In the end Josh has made me far far less likely to ever get custom work done because I'm not sure I'm willing to trust getting my stuff back.

I didn't mean to suggest it as a formal action by the board/mods. Just a suggestion for people who got ripped off using this board to organize themselves outside of this (otherwise dedicated) thread. I mentioned the mods only to see if it would be possible to even start such a thread, or if that would be a violation of board policy.

Obviously the board itself and Dave / mods are not responsible for any of this. But this is where it happened, where the effected people are, and the easiest place for them to get it together.

Again, I'm not trying to start trouble. I just think it would make more sense to have a designated place to organize rather than have jumbled random (and off topic) posts about it in this thread.

Just trying to be helpful. :peace

I get what you are saying. I suppose someone could start up a social group and have it be invite only (only those people who want to take legal action or have stuff or money owed to them) could join. I would run it by Darklord Dave first though before one was started...just to make sure he is ok with that.

Back