Update and Master List for custom work from DarkArtist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol
We ALL need to move past this riff amongst members and concentrate on getting our stuff!
And, for the record I won't apologize for defending a friend. You don't see it happening here anymore, but I certainly admit that I did. Not in fear of not getting my items, but because its what friends do. You have a problem with that and thats your thing. If you don't get it you never will. But attacking others sure isn't going to get your items back to you. Guess its kind of a good thing you don't believe in internet friendships, because you certainly show no ability to make them.
BTW, thanks for the images of your bus.
Now................................
Can we get back on track?
Truce, Deckard?

Last edited:
I have more "friends" on this forum then you if your going to make it a pissing contest... :dunno

Truce, yea I guess, but Short busses are cool too.
No need to offend an entire culture of mentally handicapped.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/XGiW-jLYM6U?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/XGiW-jLYM6U?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I have more "friends" on this forum then you if your going to make it a pissing contest... :dunno

Truce, yea I guess, but Short busses are cool too.
No need to offend an entire culture of mentally handicapped.

Wasn't looking for a pissing contest, but I doubt it anyway.

Bus is parked around the corner and there's a bar down the street, wanna ride?:duff

The real problem is there can't be any online binding contracts because he could just say it wasn't he who agreed to do x job since you didn't see him in person agree to it.

There seems like enough evidence on here to bring a case against him (though I have no idea how police investigations of crimes committed online work). It's pretty disheartening to think that they wouldn't be able to charge him with something. At the very least he'll have a papertrail started in case he commits any crimes in the future.

"He could say a kid got his password and did all that crap, and there is no way for regular police to investigate it"

Let's not give him any new ways to get away with his crime though :lol

I think a proper police/fbi (not sure if they step in for internet fraud) would link it to him with all the evidence on this board.

I reported Chris Howes to the FBI internet crime complaint center, although nothing came of it in my knowledge I think it's still a good idea to file a report so he starts to have a paper trail if (when) he commit future crimes.

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

He's gotten away with a felony so at the very least a couple reports should be filed against him.

I think what it takes is a certain number of complaints officially filed with his local police station for the police to be able to open an investigation into internet crime like this. I think its like around 10 people and then it becomes a criminal...enterprise? I had to deal with this with a guy years ago and I think thats how they define it. Then they will go out and talk to him and see his side. WHich at least shows him Police are now involved and it's serious.

I'd be in/willing to file a complaint. Looks like it would be very simple to. Who else would file?

Yep 10 of you get togeather on here, send each other your first names, and then all make the call at differant times on the same day to the same police station in his county and your all set. Not hard at all. Just let them know your name, about Josh and what he did/is doing, how much he took from you, how many he did this to total. By the 10th call they will be so sick and tired of dealing with it theyll go talk to Josh that day.

I've lost quite a bit of money due to Josh as well. He's taken more than 2+ years on some of my commission and not delivered a single one. Part of me is angry but another part of me still feels sorry for him. Contrary to what Deckard and others might say, I do consider him a friend and I greatly sympathize with him. All of his family troubles were real and he's been through a lot these past few years. I know this doesn't excuse what he's done and it's frustrating hearing the deadlines about commissions and never seeing a single one in hand.

However, I will absolutely not file a complaint against Josh. It'll be pointless. The man is down; he's got nothing left. He's struggling to fend for himself and his family. What's the point? He won't be able to pay any of you back much less finish the commissions. I understand that some of you are beyond this point and do not care what happens to him but ask yourselves if this is worth it. And no, I'm not being a coward or whatever else some have called the folks who have stuck up for Josh in the past. I'm just trying to be reasonable. Hopefully Carl can get us most of our stuff back and finish this chapter.

I don't want this turn into another C. Howes thread where people who had no business started ____ which eventually closed the last line of communication with him. Let the mods ban Josh after most people have gotten their stuff back.

You may not be aware that he still has all the money he made because he took it and never shipped anything. He is still active everyday on social sites like Facebook and Xbox live playing games. He still came here just in this past october to show off his new $500 Michael Myers mask as somone pointed out.

Hes struggling to keep his family afloat but managed to squeeze in a $500 rubber mask? I feel really bad for his family if thats the case. For him? Jail is too good.

He can pay people back on court ordered payment plans as he works it off and if he doesn't meet the deadline he goes to jail. Certainly any extra money he "earns" should goto repaying his victims rather then indulging his unneeded toy colleciton.

Last edited:
I've lost quite a bit of money due to Josh as well. He's taken more than 2+ years on some of my commission and not delivered a single one. Part of me is angry but another part of me still feels sorry for him. Contrary to what Deckard and others might say, I do consider him a friend and I greatly sympathize with him. All of his family troubles were real and he's been through a lot these past few years. I know this doesn't excuse what he's done and it's frustrating hearing the deadlines about commissions and never seeing a single one in hand.

However, I will absolutely not file a complaint against Josh. It'll be pointless. The man is down; he's got nothing left. He's struggling to fend for himself and his family. What's the point? He won't be able to pay any of you back much less finish the commissions. I understand that some of you are beyond this point and do not care what happens to him but ask yourselves if this is worth it. And no, I'm not being a coward or whatever else some have called the folks who have stuck up for Josh in the past. I'm just trying to be reasonable. Hopefully Carl can get us most of our stuff back and finish this chapter.

I don't want this turn into another C. Howes thread where people who had no business started ____ which eventually closed the last line of communication with him. Let the mods ban Josh after most people have gotten their stuff back.

I see what you're saying........but you know, there are a few quotes I happen to agree with: "do the crime, do the time", "you play, you pay", "treat others how you want to be treated", etc. He may be down or he may not be down; it really doesn't matter to me. Bottom line is down or not, you don't take other people down with you/take their money and steal from them. That is wrong, plain and simple. So who else would be in to file a complaint? Even if it doesn't do too much, at least we did all we could on our end. If he is contacted or someone from the law pays him a visit, it will be worth it. If more people did this, internet crime like this may not happen as much. If nothing is done, it will happen more freely. I believe if there is an opportunity to take action against this, we should. Some people do need to learn life lessons unfortunately.

You know what though.............many people are supposofly going to get their stuff (with the first run from Carl) so there is action. For all of us not included with that first run/batch, we have no idea if we will see action ever is the issue. So maybe for those of us that haven't gotten anything and were not in on the first run/batch, we can think about filing a complaint. I'd be willing to; just maybe post here and we will see how many of us we have that will file. I think it's a good idea, unless we hear some update/action for us that we will get what we paid for. but it doesn't look good so.........

Yes I was talking about people who's name still isn't on the list. Don't file a complaint if Carl has your stuff, it's too late for you to, but I guess sort of in a good way.

I'd be in/willing to file a complaint. Looks like it would be very simple to. Who else would file?

I'm in. I already filed a complaint with IC3 over a year ago but I'd be happy to add my name to the plaintiff's list should there be civil action. An example needs to be made. Too many people have been ripped off on this board.

You may not be aware that he still has all the money he made because he took it and never shipped anything. He is still active everyday on social sites like Facebook and Xbox live playing games. He still came here just in this past october to show off his new $500 Michael Myers mask as somone pointed out.

Hes struggling to keep his family afloat but managed to squeeze in a $500 rubber mask? I feel really bad for his family if thats the case. For him? Jail is too good.

He can pay people back on court ordered payment plans as he works it off and if he doesn't meet the deadline he goes to jail. Certainly any extra money he "earns" should goto repaying his victims rather then indulging his unneeded toy colleciton.

As soon as I feel sorry for him I realize that he's still using the stolen money for expensive unneeded hobbies (unneeded for someone who claims to be down and out). Flaunting a 500.00 mask after ripping people off for thousands of dollars is outrageous.

I'm in. I already filed a complaint with IC3 over a year ago but I'd be happy to add my name to the plaintiff's list should there be civil action. An example needs to be made. Too many people have been ripped off on this board.

I'm in too.

Yes I was talking about people who's name still isn't on the list. Don't file a complaint if Carl has your stuff, it's too late for you to, but I guess sort of in a good way.

Carl has people's stuff, but a lot of the services weren't completed so their money was still stolen. I had 3 heads for repainting, 2 of which weren't completed and one that may or may not be completed (one is listed as painted but I doubt it because I sent the head fully painted so I'm thinking it's listed as completed since it was already painted).

I'll be getting 2 (probably 3) unpainted heads back but he has 100+ dollars of my money.

Carl has people's stuff, but a lot of the services weren't completed so their money was still stolen. I had 3 heads for repainting, 2 of which weren't completed and one that may or may not be completed (one is listed as painted but I doubt it because I sent the head fully painted so I'm thinking it's listed as completed since it was already painted).

I'll be getting 2 (probably 3) unpainted heads back but he has 100+ dollars of my money.

Ah of course. :slap

Then your have every right.

I admit I was one of those who defended Josh. I considered him a friend - I had met him in person and spent some time playing games with him and others on XBox Live. He seemed like an honest guy to me who got in over his head. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that he would do the right thing. I wanted to believe him because the Josh I had gotten to know previously to all this, would have made things right. I got in arguments with people who thought I was a stupid fool- but I still wanted to believe that he would come through for us. I wanted the stand up guy, the one who served his country - to show us that his word was good. And well, all I got in return was basically a slap in the face. It was a huge disappointment because I expected better of him.

I had mixed emotions about someone like Carl helping him out. He made this mess and I felt like he would learn nothing from it if someone came in and saved the day for him. He doesn't have to ship things back, he doesn't have to finish things he promised to do, he doesn't have to pay people back.....he can go on with his life pretending like he didn't screw a bunch of people over while others clean up his mess. But I wanted people to have the possibility of getting their things back - because by this point I felt like it was never going to happen with Josh. Any hope I had in him was long gone.

Now I have placed my hope in Carl that he will come through and get the items he has shipped out. I absolutely hate shipping stuff out - and I am thankful that he has volunteered to clean up Josh big stink hole of a mess - because it definitely is going to require a fair amount of time on his part.

Is this a perfect solution to this problem - definitely not. Josh should be cleaning up his own messes - but I think it's easier for Josh to just deny and pretend like there is nothing wrong than deal with these things. With that attitude, we all lose. At least with Carl we have hope that some of us will be getting some of our things back. Does that make everything ok - no - we are still out money that we paid for those services...but hopefully it will give some people closure so they can let it go. For those who are still out their items and money, I understand your frustration and anger. If any one wants to take legal action against Josh, that is your right.

Now, I said I would not delete posts of people wanting to vent - because I feel people do need an outlet for this never ending mess. However, I do not want to read about members attacking other members. So what if some of us defended Josh in the beginning and hoped he would pull through. If none of us defended him - do any of you really think you would have gotten your stuff back? Probably not.

Is it wrong for people to want to believe that their is some good in others (especially someone who they had known for a couple years on this board) - that we can trust them on their word? I don't think so. We have seen time and again people on this board do wonderful things to help out other members. We get to know people here and consider them friends - yes it may just be internet friends...but the acts of kindness they show is something you would also see in your "real life" friends. MOST OF THE TIME - these board friends are true - sometimes you end up getting the short end of the stick, as in this case. Such is the way on the internet and in real life.

Once again I will ask that people who do not have items with Josh or Carl stay out of this thread. And no personal attacks among members - these kinds of posts will be deleted and possibly infracted.

Back