Update and Master List for custom work from DarkArtist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, no ____ he's not my friend. I know that now. And if I knew what he was capable of before I came to consider him as a friend, then I would not have been his friend. I also would not have given him my business. You know, like the rest of you did.

I had no business relationship with him until the end. If you're telling me I should learn to judge a person before I have a full basis upon which to judge them, how about you try it first. I assume he owes you money too. Well, how did that happen unless you misjudged him?

I also got the "will be done in a month tops" runaround a few times. I was and am understanding of all his personal issues, etc., but the thing with the pre-paid shipping box is pretty bad. I know he got frustrated and felt over-whelmed, but he could have chipped away at, at least, returning the stuff he had taken from folks if not sending the partially completed figures, etc. Certainly, if they had sent him a paid shipping box.

I feel worse for you guys who now have headless statues, etc. that might never get your stuff back.

Crummy situation. I've accepted that that money is gone with the wind, though.

Well, no ____ he's not my friend. I know that now. And if I knew what he was capable of before I came to consider him as a friend, then I would not have been his friend. I also would not have given him my business. You know, like the rest of you did.

I had no business relationship with him until the end. If you're telling me I should learn to judge a person before I have a full basis upon which to judge them, how about you try it first. I assume he owes you money too. Well, how did that happen unless you misjudged him?

Nope. Got it, sold it because it was tainted by his thievery.

And no, I wanted things from one of his sales, but I knew that if I payed for that Loomis or w/e, I would just be throwing my money away since he tryed doing that when he already had owed about 10 grand in commissions.

I am glad I can tell the difference between Disgruntled Customer (justifiably) and Pure Ass Hat.

Is there a difference between a thief and a failure?

Nope. Got it, sold it because it was tainted by his thievery.

And no, I wanted things from one of his sales, but I knew that if I payed for that Loomis or w/e, I would just be throwing my money away since he tryed doing that when he already had owed about 10 grand in commissions.

Then pardon my ignorance. My connection to him was exclusively non-business for about 99% of his time here. Still doesn't excuse you for casting aspersions on his defenders based on your ignorance of their personal motives or intentions.

to me, this is the craziest thing i've heard so far about the whole josh situation. forgetting about the failed commissions, and all the other problems, the fact that people made the effort and financial sacrifice to send prepaid shipping boxes for stuff to be sent back, and even that didn't happen... just perplexing. i was able to forgive josh for a lot of stuff for a helluva long time, but THAT is just taking the pisscuit. i mean all you need to do there is GO TO THE POST OFFICE. and unless you have no legs, are on house arrest, or living in antarctica, i don't see how difficult that could be. i'm glad i listened to people and never sent an international prepaid box.

It really is, I was told this on at least three separate occasions by Josh - he had no willpower and would just spend the extra money I sent him instead of using it for postage.

In Josh's "defense" though :slap, I never actually sent him a postage paid flat-rate box. :monkey4:horror:monkey1

I noticed he had some time to post some costume pics on the Sideshow site; wonder where the funds came from? :dunno :pfft:

Is there a difference between a thief and a failure?

Then pardon my ignorance. My connection to him was exclusively non-business for about 99% of his time here. Still doesn't excuse you for casting aspersions on his defenders based on your ignorance of their personal motives or intentions.

He gave up under his own free will, not from a terrible accident where he suffered brain damage and couldn't go on. He knew he was in giving up, also stealing from those who already payed him. It wasn't premeditated, but that doesn't make him not a thief. He is in fact both.

He offered a service for money. He didn't deliver that service. If you hire a caterer, and they don't show up because they got a flat tire on the way, they don't just get to say oh well and keep your money.

I thought it was pretty funny during spook '10 that he had time to participate... Enough that he even got selected by a fellow freak to participate in the doors of indecision and won a hot toys figure. I wish I could steal thousands of dollars and still win a popularity contest.

Dudes a thief plain and simple. Why can't the people who may have spoken up for him in the past just let it go that they were wrong about him rather than coming in here and trying to deflect the conversation from what a ____ move he pulled. Big words or no, no changing that fact he stole a lot of money from a lot of people.

I'm no coward. I defended Josh because he was a friend and that is what you do for them. You give them the benefit of the doubt when no one else will in hopes that they will pull through.

Talking like that is a kick in the balls to a lot of damn good people here who put their own reputations on the line to defend someone who failed them.

Reserve your anger for the person who deserves it.

Who the ____ are you calling crony and what the ____ do you know?

People that acted like internet tough guys by insulting or bullying anyone that was asking for updates, accountability or just voicing an opinion that what he did was wrong.

What do I know? He stole money from me, that's what the ____ I know.

Yeah, in the end, he has stolen from all of us, but not until he gave in. Les Walker was in the exact same position. He pulled through. Those of us who were supporting Josh were giving him what we could to help him do the same. Obviously, it wasn't enough for him, and obviously it was his free will that was to blame.

After it was clear how it would turn out, the only defending that took place was to reduce the negativity here in these threads because fits of anger were not going to solve anything. If those who felt that publiclly demeaning Josh was going to give them a measure of satisfaction, I'm sorry for them. But that's all they were doing. It wasn't protecting new buyers, and it wasn't getting refunds for the ones who already got screwed.

I take no issue with people now calling him a thief. In the end, that was what he allowed himself to be. My only issue is the attempts by those who are rightly pissed to spread the blame to those of us who didn't pull out the pitchforks the second he started having trouble.

People that acted like internet tough guys by insulting or bullying anyone that was asking for updates, accountability or just voicing an opinion that what he did was wrong.

What do I know? He stole money from me, that's what the ____ I know.

And who was that? The least you could do is name who you're talking about so that they have a chance to defend themselves in the event that you're actually talking out your ass about what they were doing.

Dudes a thief plain and simple. Why can't the people who may have spoken up for him in the past just let it go that they were wrong about him rather than coming in here and trying to deflect the conversation from what a ____ move he pulled. Big words or no, no changing that fact he stole a lot of money from a lot of people.

I'm not doing that. And neither is pixletwin. And I'll give you the same advice I gave ebayarea. If you're going to cast aspersions, atleast have the balls to name names.

Re: naming names

That's what I'm talking about devil. What are you taking this personally and why are you turning this into something else? Whatever started the recent discussion, that person was just venting, which is probably healthy at this point since that's the only satisfaction and closure they're going to get at this point.

And who was that? The least you could do is name who you're talking about so that they have a chance to defend themselves in the event that you're actually talking out your ass about what they were doing.

I'm not talking out of my ass and I'm not going to reread the whole thread to see who was doing all the bullying/flaming. Based on your hostile and insulting posts I'm assuming you're one of the people I was referring to.

Reading your post though what you say does make sense, people were standing up for someone who seemed to just be on hard times so I'm better understanding their perspective so I was wrong to place blame on them in any way. The blame is solely on Josh for being a thief and that's where it should stay.

Then make assumptions that slander someone else's name. If you're going to call people out, know what you're talking about.

I have every ounce of sympathy for what you lost. I lost too. I'm not saying that anyone should forgive the man. Just know who ripped you off, and try to minimize the collateral damage. No one who defended him was trying to help him get away with it, and accusing them of bullying anyone who spoke negatively of him does exactly that.

I apologize if you were insulted.

Re: naming names

That's what I'm talking about devil. What are you taking this personally and why are you turning this into something else? Whatever started the recent discussion, that person was just venting, which is probably healthy at this point since that's the only satisfaction and closure they're going to get at this point.

Because I'm being called a coward and a bully and I'm neither.

From a mostly neutral perspective, I think there is just cause as to why some newer members refer to Josh as "The Golden Boy.". I understand he was a contributing early core member who gained respect for his talent and did have a following. All that means nothing to someone who now has to kiss their hundred dollar + commission money goodbye.

Because I'm being called a coward and a bully and I'm neither.

Well if you want to get name names techincal as you say, no one called you that directly. Your pretty much calling yourself that by taking generalizations and directing them at yourself. Granted, I put them out there, but you came into the thread, saw those comments, and for whatever reason applied them to you. Maybe out of guilt?

No. The only designation given any of those accusations was "those who defended him".

I'm not aware of anyone who defended him who was a coward, a bully, or deluded. Most of us were just sick of listening to the man get lynched before it was clear he would not deliver, by people who didn't lose one iota as much as he did.

No one got more ____ed over by Josh Church than Josh Church. Which excuses none of his actions, but it does go a long way toward explaining why those who were his friends stuck up for him for as long as they did.

Nope "defend", as to this day was my word. You made it past tense and again applied it to yourself.

And yes if you look back, in the other thread, people did basically tell people who were complaining that they were stupid for valuing a figure over Josh's problems. When in reality the figure also represents x money lost. Telling someone to shut up because theyre lost money isn't as big as Josh's problems is bullying them.

You yourself just admitted you were deluded into believing his sob story so I'm not even shore what your arguing about now?

Plenty of people got more ____ed over, Josh lost nothing, no friends, he gained whatever money and items.

They lost said items and all that time. No sir, everyone he ____ed got well more ____ed over then he.

I don't believe he was lying about any of what was going on in his own life. Still don't. And it did explain why he was having such a hard time honoring his obligations. It wasn't a sob story until he gave up, and no, I haven't fallen for it because I do not forgive him for his failure. And yes, that makes him a thief.

But as for your present tense usage, who is still defending him?

They lost said items and all that time. No sir, everyone he ____ed got well more ____ed over then he.

To the best of my knowledge, he lost pretty much everything he had. Collection, reputation, and yeah, his friends. I can bet you that none of them still have the respect they had for him before this all happened. His net loss was grossly higher than any one of his victims.

The difference is, he earned his loss and none of us did. In the end, he had it coming, and my only point in saying that at all is that for his friends, that's something that burns us, but none of you who were only in it for business.

Last edited:
Back