Upcoming John Wick Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pop toys suit is decent, but not as nice looking as that neo picture. The lapels are oversized and shoulders too rigid/broad. Pretty good in person though.

Re: Eleven John Wick Headsculpt Review + Ebay Vs Reality

yup... same thing. i have the white shirt version shown, but also have a black suit w/ the vest that i plan to use for 2nd version once some of the sculpts pop up...

Which black suit did you end up going with?

Re: Eleven John Wick Headsculpt Review + Ebay Vs Reality

I want to get the gun from the first movie, the HK P30L, but that VTS Storm Guard pistol is MIA.

I managed to snag 6 of those for Wick when it was available. Wanted to make a custom but yet to find a head sculpt I like. Hmm...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

My pleasure sir. I think you will be immediately happy that you upgraded as I certainly was.
Wanted to update you - I padded out the shoulders a tad to get rid of the giraffe neck. It's not perfect, and I think in the end the Loki suit material is just too thick, but the Grimes body really helps out the figure. I realize that the grey vest/buttoned set up isn't accurate, but the suit lays better with it buttoned and pulled tight. For now it's good, but there are improvements to be had in the future.
d2c28c08f9ca574ef49566bc6e697fbe.jpg

I think that looks about as good a custom John Wick as can be made at this point.

I agree with you on the Loki suit, it's decent but a little stiff and bulky. It'll be interesting to see if anything better comes along or whether it's difficult to improve on at this scale.

I'm eagerly anticipating the new sculpt to see if it makes the whole thing look "more Wick". For me, it may be the deal breaker on whether I keep the figure or sell on until something better comes along.

Anyone going to try using the new Poptoys Xing Series X25 Standard Western-style Suit? Each variant seems very promising if they live up to their standards that they have stated. Could be a game changer for affordable well-tailored suits...

I think that looks about as good a custom John Wick as can be made at this point.

I agree with you on the Loki suit, it's decent but a little stiff and bulky. It'll be interesting to see if anything better comes along or whether it's difficult to improve on at this scale.

I'm eagerly anticipating the new sculpt to see if it makes the whole thing look "more Wick". For me, it may be the deal breaker on whether I keep the figure or sell on until something better comes along.
Appreciate that! For the time, that Loki suit was top notch. Best you could get. And it still is a very good suit, but for a bigger character, I think. But with how far micro materials have come, there is better.

The sculpt is very much light dependent. With some shadows it looks a good 90%, without I'd say 80%. It's still the best one we have so far, I think. The hair is a little too helmet like for me, so maybe with a darkened mustache and the new hair, it'll bring out the likeness more.
Anyone going to try using the new Poptoys Xing Series X25 Standard Western-style Suit? Each variant seems very promising if they live up to their standards that they have stated. Could be a game changer for affordable well-tailored suits...
I've got one pre-ordered with OSK. I'll update when it ships.

It will be really interesting to see that new suit. If it's a big improvement I will likely upgrade myself. Look forward to seeing it!

Hey guys, back with a suit update. This is the current "Western" suit that PopToys puts out. It is VERY similar to the Loki suit. As such, the drawbacks are largely the same. Bear in mind, my exposure to the Loki suit was JUST the jacket and pants. I was previously using the Wolverine shirt and tie with a vest that I believe came with the Coomodel vampire guy, I had just grabbed it off Toy Anxiety out of curiosity.

Upsides: thinner material, improved tailoring, hangs straighter (instead of flaring at the base), all fasteners are Velcro (so no tiny buttons), pants are shorter and break at a natural height, collar and cuffs are fantastically pointed and stiff, and the tie is a nice, but easily snagable material.

Recipe:
-Rick Grimes body with padded shoulder and new ankle modifications (to prevent giraffe neck and adapt normal feet pegs)
-Mechanic Tony hands, modified wrist pegs to mount on the above body
-Phicen pistol which matches the P30L from JW1 minus the compressor
-Random dress shoes (the current suit has them, but the ones I had were shinier)

First is the above, second was the previous build, which had to be fastened to lay flat.
ff3f272f0c0bc7751f25ab28652693f1.jpg
13d6810984bc6e96afaf9fb96b4e2e57.jpg

Can someone post the difference between the stock eleven sculpt and repainted facial hair? I can't see any images anymore on the forum with these "3rd party hosting" message replacing the pictures. Also, has anyone rehaired the eleven sculpt v1.0? (the one with the ***** haircut)

Back