Upcoming John Wick Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you post your bash via social media, please start tagging ArtFigures or VTS -- we need this figure made!

1b02462f8446e9a445f13ed68060e6b4.jpg

Looks nothing like Keanu.

Yup, pretty dissatisfied with the sculpt. From far away with eyes half-closed it sorta-kinda looks okay.

I got my shipment from Kit this morning. The hair comes off no problem. I will pop up to work this morning and do some prep for a quick hair resculpt.
Can you attempt to sculpt the hair such that you could cast a hair piece? I'm sure many of us would be interested.

Can you attempt to sculpt the hair such that you could cast a hair piece? I'm sure many of us would be interested.

Possibly, but i can't undertake the casting job.
The main problem is the likeness. I can echo what everyone here is saying that it's not even 80% there. But i think the good news is that the parted hair is hindering the likeness. When i removed the hair, i actually think the sculpt looks MORE like Keanu as wick than it does with the hair on. Another problem is that there is a small piece of hair still on the sculpt that will likely have to be removed before i could sculpt on new hair. But i am going to do a test sculpt first with that in place. Also, he has no sculpted tops to his ears. I just hope that is traditional slicked back hair still has the tops of his ears covered or that will be hard to cover up.

D958041C-C7EF-44A0-BE35-3AD0F6B80E77.jpg

342A99CD-3350-488C-ACFF-F1341B032913.jpg

9EA7DD1E-616A-4C14-A1DE-304D3224F062.jpg

That hair part down the center seems too too deep. Looks like the took an axe top down. The style improves the sculpt though. But we all sort of called that early on.

New sculpt looks good. I'll probably pick it up to have both versions.

I have a friend in town who knows nothing of six Scale figures. I had mine out on the desk as I was messing around with the new gun I got from Kit. He looked and said what is Neo doing in a suit? He never wore a suit? So for those who say he looks nothing like Keanu, there's your opposite opinion!

"Looks nothing like Keanu" is an exaggeration anyway. The likeness isn't perfect, but it resembles him. I think it's better than the MG sculpts, which look kinda cartoonish to me.

Yup... and fixing the facial hair totally makes a night and day difference as well. So it may not be a fair comparison of mine to the stock.

Back