Universal Monsters- Series 3 - Toys R Us Exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankenstein (TRU w/ dungeon floor, Diamond Select with Operating Table, Upcoming Silver Screen Version in Box Set w/Dracula & Bride)

Dracula (TRU w/ graveyard base, Diamond Select with wolf, Upcoming Silver Screen Version in Box Set w/ Frankenstein & Bride)

*Wolfman (TRU exclusive w/ forest base, Individually Packaged Entertainment Earth Silver Screen Version, Silver Screen Box Set w/ Mummy & Creature)

Mummy (TRU w/ sandy floor base, Diamond Select with sarcophagus, Silver Screen Version in Box Set w/ Wolfman & Creature)

Creature (TRU exclusive w/ swamp base, Diamond Select with beach and beach babe, Silver Screen Box Set w/ Mummy & Wolfman)

*Bride of Frankenstein (TRU exclusive w/ electrodes base, Upcoming Silver Screen Box Set w/ Dracula & Frankenstein)

*No Diamond Select Version

Saw Invisable Man and Meta Mutant at TRU today. I think I'm going to dive head first into this line now. Does anyone have an easy guide to all of the variations of this line? I know Frank, Drac, Mum, and Creature all had deluxe versions. Did anyone else (besides the upcoming Meta and Phantom)?

Is the line just:

Frankenstein
Dracula
Wolfman
Mummy
Creature
Bride of Frankenstein

and now Invisable Man, Metaluna Mutant, and Phantom?

Saw Invisable Man and Meta Mutant at TRU today. I think I'm going to dive head first into this line now. Does anyone have an easy guide to all of the variations of this line? I know Frank, Drac, Mum, and Creature all had deluxe versions. Did anyone else (besides the upcoming Meta and Phantom)?

Is the line just:

Frankenstein
Dracula
Wolfman
Mummy
Creature
Bride of Frankenstein

and now Invisable Man, Metaluna Mutant, and Phantom?

Never heard of him. Need to go find the oldschool UM movie, sounds like it might've been really good:
invasible - adjective
comparative more invasible, superlative most invasible (biology)
1. Capable of being invaded by invasive species
:nana:

Frankenstein (TRU w/ dungeon floor, Diamond Select with Operating Table, Upcoming Silver Screen Version in Box Set w/Dracula & Bride)

Dracula (TRU w/ graveyard base, Diamond Select with wolf, Upcoming Silver Screen Version in Box Set w/ Frankenstein & Bride)

*Wolfman (TRU exclusive w/ forest base, Individually Packaged Entertainment Earth Silver Screen Version, Silver Screen Box Set w/ Mummy & Creature)

Mummy (TRU w/ sandy floor base, Diamond Select with sarcophagus, Silver Screen Version in Box Set w/ Wolfman & Creature)

Creature (TRU exclusive w/ swamp base, Diamond Select with beach and beach babe, Silver Screen Box Set w/ Mummy & Wolfman)

*Bride of Frankenstein (TRU exclusive w/ electrodes base, Upcoming Silver Screen Box Set w/ Dracula & Frankenstein)

*No Diamond Select Version

Awesome, thanks. I got the 4 select versions on order now. Dang are the TRU versions hard to find now! :slap

Thanks too Nam :lol

Got the first 4 deluxe figures and the new 3 TRU exclusive figures in. Got a TRU Mummy and Wolfman on order through ebay coming tomorrow. Just need to track down a Bride and TRU versions of Creature, Frank, and Drac. I didn't realize just how different many of the TRU versions are: Alternate paint schemes, different heads, or even arms (mummy) in addition to the different bases. So those thinking the TRU Phantom will just be like the Deluxe version, think again! The deluxe Phantom won't have the masked head and probably not the Violin and other extras. So get both!

Phantom is the highlight of wave 3 for sure. Lots of accessories, good paint, and decent artiulation and even an extra alternate hand and display stand for the music sheet holder! Can't wait for the organ set now!

Metaluna Mutant is really nice too. Great sculpt and paint and decent articulation (2 seperate "elbows" in each arm!). Base is small and meh though. If just getting one, probably get the deluxe one.

The Invisable Man is clearly the sole TRU exclusive figure. Minimal articulation, no accessories, but a decent base. He didn't get nearly the love the Metaluna Mutant did, let alone the Phantom. Its ironic he'll be the hardest to find later, just like the Bride and Wolfman are now :(

The Invisible Man is the best in my collection, although I don't like the base.

Here he is without that awful base:

blank-canvas-640-480.gif

Yep, thats the one. Thanks for the pic Nam :rock

Pretty funny really. Its one of the few things I'd keep MOC if I had one. Or maybe I have a loose one here somewhere :lol

Back