Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection coming to Blu-ray Oct. 2nd 2012!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So wait, is the standard UK box set the same as the coffin version set except for the fancy packaging? Can I order this under my Amazon US account or does the UK site require a new account? I'm heavily considering ordering this from the UK for the better deal and superior packaging. It actually has plastic trays for the discs, rather than those awful cardboard slots that the US version has.

the US account & password works on all of the other amazon sites

I have the totally awesome uk monster legacy DVD set with the three statues and 17 movies.. So , I wasn't keen on pre ordering this bluray set.
A coupleof nights ago, I watched Dracula in the bluray player thru the hd projector onto the big screen. It didn't look very good. Blips, hiss, drop out.. So I figured, after all the positive reviews here and on amazon, I took the plunge. Now ordered. And, I am looking forward to it.

Okay!

These are sooooooooo worth the upgrade.

Dracula looks amazing. This is going to be a memorable Halloween season of viewing these classics again, for the first time.

Seriously folks, these look amazing. :D

Super excited for this set now. Hopefully should be here next week. Really can't wait. Especially for dracula. Think that has to be first for me.

Glad I could help!
I was about to give up, but decided to check one last time before buying it on Ebay, I'm glad I did!! :duff
My package will be here on Friday!
:rock!

Yeah, I was considering the regular set but really wanted the coffin. Just wasn't prepared to pay anymore than retail for it. I did order with play.com but it said they were awaiting stocks so jumped on this with amazon. :duff

So wait, is the standard UK box set the same as the coffin version set except for the fancy packaging? Can I order this under my Amazon US account or does the UK site require a new account? I'm heavily considering ordering this from the UK for the better deal and superior packaging. It actually has plastic trays for the discs, rather than those awful cardboard slots that the US version has.

Yes it's the same set but inserted in a cardboard coffin.

Got it tonight. And boy did I need this after the long day I've had with another to come tomorrow. I'll concur with Waller about the poor quality of the packaging, but I'm happy to have this set on blu anyway.

PM incoming DW!

Ya the outer box is kinda thin. The actual place where the discs are stored is fine by me. I'd rather have holders like that then a disc that slides into a cardboard sleeve like the Indy set. I like the coffin box because it's an extra protection for the flimsy box that carries the discs.

My coffin set arrived today in perfect condition. I was a little surprised how small the coffin was, but it looks great!

The exclusive postcard sized posters are awesome too. Great set.

I hope mine gets here soon, last update was it was tendered to USPS in Georgia today. WTF. It went from UK to NJ to GA, and I live in NC... I thought customs went through NY?

I hope mine gets here soon, last update was it was tendered to USPS in Georgia today. WTF. It went from UK to NJ to GA, and I live in NC... I thought customs went through NY?

Mine has been sitting in NJ since the 8th. Hell it might get here by Halloween.:(

This is all I needed to read to make the purchase without hesitation! :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Thanks, bud. It's been a good Halloween season for me. The Anthony Perkins, a tremendous score on a model I wanted for awhile, and these blus. Plus, I have helped a couple of fellow freaks fill in some of their horror autograph wants by sending them to a friend of mine. Now if only Executive Replicas would release their Vincent Price figure this season.....:wink1::peace

Mine has been sitting in NJ since the 8th. Hell it might get here by Halloween.:(

Well, if mine is any indication to go by, you should have it soon. Mine should be here tomorrow- Monday at the latest. I can't wait. These movies defined my childhood, I was so frightened of them, lol.

Just got my coffin set in. It's an awesome little set. Not had time to watch any of them yet or really check out the book but it looks great. Will check it out when I get time. :rock can't wait.

Just got my coffin set in. It's an awesome little set. Not had time to watch any of them yet or really check out the book but it looks great. Will check it out when I get time. :rock can't wait.

Same here. I plan on watching Frankenstein tonight once I'm off work. It's hard to resist putting on right now as it is, lol.

October finally has my permission to begin.

IMG_0503.jpg

Back