United Cutlery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fool_of_a_took!

Super Freak
Reaction score
Greetings all,

Was just pokin' around on the bay.

I noticed that there are many UC Glamdring swords sold recently for $150-180 range.

I remember hearing that UC was going to start reproducing these........Its seems that they have started. Can anyone confirm that? I remember seeing them going for alot more than that just a short time ago.

Where to find more info on it, as their site is under construction?

TIA

Your Pal,

Took

Hi Took,

Yeah they have started producing them again but you need to have a trade account with them to a proper idea of dates etc! Being one of those that has I can reveal that most of them were in jan-feb with another batch coming apr-may and the big one, high elven warrior, may-june!

Hope that helps!

Hi Took,

Yeah they have started producing them again but you need to have a trade account with them to a proper idea of dates etc! Being one of those that has I can reveal that most of them were in jan-feb with another batch coming apr-may and the big one, high elven warrior, may-june!

Hope that helps!

If you can post any new items they plan on putting out, that would be awesome.

Thanks for the update.

Wow!

Thanks G-Girl! And welcome aboard!!!

I guess you're a reseller?

Any GTG staff in the works?

Post a comlete release schedule with pricing?:D

Thanks for the welcome!

I think craw covered the whole release schedule (and any release schedule I had would be for wholesale not general sale!), just asked my sales advisor in UC and he says they have no plans for new items but they are concentrating right now on making and releasing the older pieces...but hey theres no saying what the future holds :D! I own a convention and website business in the UK, so yeah I'm a reseller BUT I am just as exited about this as any true fan would be...love of LOTR made me want to start my business! :D

Congradulations on your business. I had thought about doing that myself, but never followed through.....Good for you!

Thanks Craw - I see the High Elven for $243. There are going to be some mighty pissed off folks who paid a grand for this me thinks!

Was the previous version of the High Elven numbered? Or did it differ in any way from the re-lease?

Makes no sense for a company to re-release products that put them out of buisness in the first place. I would rather see new stuff, can't see this working. Most of the UC stuff I bought was because of the blow-out sales because no one could sell the stuff. Is there that much interest in the line to re-release this stuff?

Makes no sense for a company to re-release products that put them out of buisness in the first place. I would rather see new stuff, can't see this working. Most of the UC stuff I bought was because of the blow-out sales because no one could sell the stuff. Is there that much interest in the line to re-release this stuff?

LOTR products did not put them out of business, but they did go bankrupt.
From what I understand, there was/is plenty of demand, but they ran into supply/quality issues.

Here is some more speculation on the subject: https://www.ucforums.com/showthread.php?p=56555

The LOTR line did not put UC out of business. They did very well.
Bud K bought what was left of UC and have restarted the brand.

There will be new pieces....Unless this Tolkien Trust lawsuit fouls up licenses other than new films, as well!

so far ive only seen the swords up for sale...is UC going to be releasing the scabbards as well?

Funny you mention this, but I did receive a UC 2008 catalog in the mail last week and for the most part all of the older LOTR items are listed with the exception of the big hitters like Shards, limited Anduril, etc…..I do have a price list that came with it and would go with a dealer to get the items cheaper. I for one am happy they are back in the game as they defiantly make a much better product then those cheap Asian makers….

Back