United Cutlery Strider, Glamdring, Witchking Sword

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AluminumFalcon

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Im not sure how many of you have the United Cutlery swords but i was wondering if you could help me choose which one to get.

Its not easy getting these anymore in the UK but ive found Glamdring, Sword of the Witchking and Striders Sword but only have enough for one so i was wondering which would you say looks the best?

Ive never seen these in person so im having a hard time deciding

its hard to say, if you want a sword with lots of screen time across the mythology then glamdring is the one. The witchkings sword is nice but very very long.
Striders sword is lovely when you have the scabbard as well, its one i have been activity looking with no real success :(

Sad thing is up until 1 year ago I had the Strider Sword, it was stolen when my workshop was broken into. I liked that sword :(

The only UC item I have now is the Ninja Katana 3000...lovely solid weapon, sits at the foot of my bed

To me Glamdring is #1 it represents Gandalf in both the Hobbit and LOTR and even was built in the First Age.. If I was allowed to own just one figure that represented Middle Earth it would be Gandalf. To me he is the Yoda/Jedi of the Hobbit/LOTR

but if he's a more of a fan of the baddies....like me, the WK sword is the one to go with. The strider only looks good with the scabbard imo. The RW sword is better than the WK though.

I really cant decide, i do really like Striders sword as i love ranger Aragorn and especially the Amon Hen scene but if it doesnt look good without the scabbarb i might leave that one for now

Whats the difference between the Hobbit Glamdring and LOTR Glamdring by UC?

I think the Hobbit version is a tad longer and the plaque is much better looking.

Personally I would go with Glamdring and try find one of the museum collection Glamdrings that UC did before almost going bankrupt and getting bought out by the company that runs them now.

Go with whatever one speaks the most to you when you see it.... You wont be disappointed with any of them... Love all of mine....:inlove

Back