Unhappy with the Thing's Paintjob, enough grounds to return?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raelthorne

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I received my Thing yesterday. We got a few laughs out of the size of the box and the word the Thing printed on the side Anyway, when I opened the statue and displayed it, my mother commented that the colour of Thing looked like sh1t (she described it more politely than that )

I laughed at her comments but the more I thought about them, the more I think she's right. My Thing is a brown/red colour and doesn't look like the statue advertised on Sideshow's Website or in their gallery. I'd say he's closer to terracotta in colour. There's also a tiny chip on the base (it looks like a piece of Styrofoam but its not).

I've seen others on Statueforums and here say that they're not happy with the paintjobs on theirs and that Sideshow are unlikely to provide an exact painted version, so is being unhappy with a paintjob enough of a reason to ask for a return and a refund?

Ken

Yeah, I don't really like the pinkish streak on mine, but he is just too cool to return. And I think everyone has the same problem. But if it bothers you that much, you did pay a ton of money for him for something perfect. Exchange it or get a refund if you are not satisfied with him. I would, but not bothered by it that much and the rest of mine is in fine shape. SSC has an excellent CS, so it should be no problem.

And yeah, The Thing printed on the huge box is hella funny!

Hey folks,

I received my Thing yesterday. We got a few laughs out of the size of the box and the word the Thing printed on the side Anyway, when I opened the statue and displayed it, my mother commented that the colour of Thing looked like sh1t (she described it more politely than that )

I laughed at her comments but the more I thought about them, the more I think she's right. My Thing is a brown/red colour and doesn't look like the statue advertised on Sideshow's Website or in their gallery. I'd say he's closer to terracotta in colour. There's also a tiny chip on the base (it looks like a piece of Styrofoam but its not).

I've seen others on Statueforums and here say that they're not happy with the paintjobs on theirs and that Sideshow are unlikely to provide an exact painted version, so is being unhappy with a paintjob enough of a reason to ask for a return and a refund?

Ken

worthless.gif

I think they screwed w/ that paint job...and don't want to admit it. It has defintely ruin it... Your mother is a smart woman :)

I have a feeling that the process in China was incorrect...maybe they had the lighting from top only, causing the change in color to be off.

Firstly my base has loads of little scratches on it. Individually they're not too bad but all together I don't find them acceptable:

DamagedBase.jpg

Secondly I have a big pink strip running through mine, it mightn't look too bad here but its very noticeable in natural light:

IncorrectBase.jpg

Official Photos from Sideshow

OfficialPhotos.jpg

Compared to the official photos, I dont find him acceptable. Between the damage and the paintjob I've asked for a return & refund

Last edited:
Nah, I double checked to see if they were styrofoam and there's loads of little chips around the side of the base too. Cindy just replied to me and told me to destroy the statue & she'll get the ball rolling!

Back