Underworld?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay.

The artist is Robert V.B from Brazil. I found his page on Deviantart.

He sent me an email address to grab one of these. But I've not had a response yet. He has some painted work on his page but all of the Selene images are unpainted.

Check out rvbhal.deviantart.com and click on his gallery.

Hey thanks for the information Bafana and welcome to the thread :) Beautiful work... I wonder whether he offers figures like Selene already painted and detailed? if so how much would he ask for it. :)

Thanks again!

Thanks.

I sent him a message this morning about getting one painted.

I'll share the response when I receive it.

This is a comment on his profile.

You are a very outstanding artist Roberto! Looking forward to more of your work. I do some renders of sculpts for Sideshow Collectibles. I used to make master molds for movies & costume masks for Universal pictures too. Have a great day! -John Burridge

I just didn't see Kate's likeness in that one tbh. but like you said, it makes sense to wait for some in-hand pics to either decide for or against it.
Yes this one's definitely coming as an incomplete kit, unpainted kit. I don't have much experience with painting human figures (I do TF's mostly)

How much would it cost to have Selene professionally painted and detailed here? Any good recommendations? :)

I was wondering the same thing, this is a movie with almost cult-like status, has a beautiful lead in Selene/Kate B. and would be an instant sellout if SSC did it.

i've never personally gotten anything professionally painted myself yet, but as i've herad around its not cheap. quite expensive for quality work is what i understand. almost the price of the whoel kit itself. if anyone here knows of some prices please drop a comment.

i've never personally gotten anything professionally painted myself yet, but as i've herad around its not cheap. quite expensive for quality work is what i understand. almost the price of the whoel kit itself. if anyone here knows of some prices please drop a comment.

I see. I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable amount as long as I know it would justify the price quoted. :) Yes please, a few price quotes would really be appreciated. :)

This is a comment on his profile.

You are a very outstanding artist Roberto! Looking forward to more of your work. I do some renders of sculpts for Sideshow Collectibles. I used to make master molds for movies & costume masks for Universal pictures too. Have a great day! -John Burridge

H Bafana, is he offering Selene painted? :)

"Sorry to say that this is sold out. Thanks for the interest. "

Damnit.

As for pics...
"No painted version yet . As soon as I have one I will post it ."

It means Sideshow HAS to do it now.

The artist didn't know they had sold out. He just gave me an email address to contact. I've told him they've sold out so I'll wait see what he says to that.

It means Sideshow HAS to do it now.

The artist didn't know they had sold out. He just gave me an email address to contact. I've told him they've sold out so I'll wait see what he says to that.

My friend here adegregorio (who first showed me this figure) is in contact with him, he said he would let me know when more of these figures would be available. When he let's me know, I'll give you guys an update! :)

I agree that SS should also take a serious look at making their own version of Selene, Victor (maybe with Victor's tomb/coffin with his crest emblazoned on top as his base?) as premium formats would be awesome and beyond words. I'd buy two of each!

+1 I just hope Sideshow can nail the face sculpt.

me too, I hope they'll pick up the licence soon. She's a real beauty and it's a shame we haven't been able to have a premium format version of her yet.

Can SS even obtain the license, since another company already has it?

Definitely, it's very much a possibility. You can take any number of examples. For Example, SS isn't the sole licensed company producing figures of Marvel or DC characters.

Take a popular character like Batman, there are so many companies who also have licences to produce figures down to even a particular movie version i.e The Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rising, you can see that not only does SS have a line of figures from the movie, but other companies like Enterbay also have parellel figures from the same franchise...

SO by the same logic, if the franchise holder wishes, they could grant any number of licences as long as they haven't sold exclusive rights to one company...

I really wanna see a HT or SS premium format Selene with a proper likeness of Kate Beckinsale...

I just would have thought that a contract would have been agreed upon the from both sides for an alotted amount of time before another company can obtain the license.

Back