Underrated Horror Films?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gate is my all time #1 horror movie it is always overlooked or under rated in my opinion but some other favs have to be:

Tremors
Critters
Fright Night
The Hitcher
Dr. Giggles

These movies are newer but i really enjoyed them.
Jeeper's Creepers(best original monster that i've seen in a long time)
The Hills have eyes(Remake) i was really suprised how much i enjoyed this remake.
Drag me to Hell- Raimi was for sure back in his element on this.

I don't think a single movie on your list went underrated. They all got quite a substantial amount of press before, during and after release. :huh

I don't think a single movie on your list went underrated. They all got quite a substantial amount of press before, during and after release. :huh

I agree. Fright Night, Tremors, The
Gate and Drag Me To Hell underrated? Dude do you know what the word underrated means? LOL:slap

I actually think Drag Me to Hell is totally over rated. I thought it was ok, but it didnt live up to the hype that everyone around me was talking about. Just my opinion.

Horror Comedy is often a mixed bag, but this one was surprisingly decent...

70082423.jpg

Anybody see Event Horizon? That movie scared the ba-jesus out of me. I haven't gone through this entire thread yet, but if that movie was already mentioned I apologize.

Is that the Romero film? Is it on instant queue? I've yet to see it...

You can't stream it, but they have it.

i like Martin. good stuff, you must add that to your George Romero collection. :clap

*sigh* I know. I always go to order it and find another horror treasure to pick up instead. Last time he went up against Henry and lost. :lol

Given the murders started the year the film was released, I always wondered if Richard Chase was inspired by this movie and that's what led to his behavior and murders in Sac.

Last edited:
Just ordered The Prowler on blu.
Im holding you lot responsible if it's ____.
I'm a sucker for 80's slasher movies.

Back