Underrated Horror Films?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
browsing through youtube stumble upon this....

anybody seen this yet?
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DExlXcU20U&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DExlXcU20U&feature=related[/ame]

Been watching horror movies for about 45 years, Dead Silence was a horrible, predictable borefest. Time out of my life that I will NEVER be able to get back.

Been watching horror movies for about 45 years, Dead Silence was a horrible, predictable borefest. Time out of my life that I will NEVER be able to get back.

If that was a borefest, what do you consider good. I actually thought Dead Silence was a decent film as well. Im not judging or anything Im just curious.

I guess I would consider an underrated horror film to still be a good film. Something that is scary but doesn't jump onboard the current gorefests of the last few decades. Something that doesn't have me looking at the clock to see how much longer I have to sit there. Dead Silence had me constantly looking at the clock. Sleepaway Camp was another "why am I watching this?" piece of ruined celluloid.
In thinking about it I guess most of what I like isn't underrated, but actually regular horror films.

I guess I would consider an underrated horror film to still be a good film. Something that is scary but doesn't jump onboard the current gorefests of the last few decades. Something that doesn't have me looking at the clock to see how much longer I have to sit there. Dead Silence had me constantly looking at the clock. Sleepaway Camp was another "why am I watching this?" piece of ruined celluloid.
In thinking about it I guess most of what I like isn't underrated, but actually regular horror films.

Hmm ok, I kinda get what your saying, but at the same time I look at horror with a lower expectation. I mean Sleepaway Camp...another one that while not great in all its cheesiness I love it. Its an awesome 80's slasher...again I use awesome lightly, lol.

I guess it depends on what you consider Underrated. Like if you're talking about most casual Viewers it's pretty wide scope and I'd include films like: May, Dagon, Undead, Junk, Cemetery Man and Pretty much anything Lucio Fulci and Dario Argento have ever done, hell this list can get long.

But most Hardcore fans know these through and through.

So on the more obscure list I'd probably go with: Anthropophagous, Eaten Alive(umberto lenzi) and The Prowler.

I guess it depends on what you consider Underrated. Like if you're talking about most casual Viewers it's pretty wide scope and I'd include films like: May, Dagon, Undead, Junk, Cemetery Man and Pretty much anything Lucio Fulci and Dario Argento have ever done, hell this list can get long.

But most Hardcore fans know these through and through.

So on the more obscure list I'd probably go with: Anthropophagous, Eaten Alive(umberto lenzi) and The Prowler.

I have to agree with you on the perspective of horror as what is considered over rated or under rated. I thought Eaten Alive was a steaming pile of poo... :wave In my mind way over hyped, that might have been done on my part though. I had heard so much about this film that I had to see it and when I finally did I wasnt impressed at all. Anthropophagous was sort of a simliar thing as well. I seen it listed on several sites as this crazy movie you had to see when I did...while I thought it was decent it didnt live up to what I thought it was going to be. Now the Prowler :clap that movie is fantastic. A great slasher that sits in my collection as we speak.

I have to agree with you on the perspective of horror as what is considered over rated or under rated. I thought Eaten Alive was a steaming pile of poo... :wave In my mind way over hyped, that might have been done on my part though. I had heard so much about this film that I had to see it and when I finally did I wasnt impressed at all. Anthropophagous was sort of a simliar thing as well. I seen it listed on several sites as this crazy movie you had to see when I did...while I thought it was decent it didnt live up to what I thought it was going to be. Now the Prowler :clap that movie is fantastic. A great slasher that sits in my collection as we speak.

With horror, as with most other things, everyone has different taste. I liked Eaten Alive, in more of a goofy "hey it's another cannibal movie" way, It is by no means a genre classic however it is fairly obscure and over looked. Anthropophagus does tend to drag but I will say that it has scenes the likes of which have never been duplicated(nor should they) and as for the Prowler it is possibly the most underrated of the Slasher Genre and actually it's one of the best. More people should see it.

I look forward to more people's lists, especially if someone has something to suggest that I haven't seen, though that's probably a difficult task.

With horror, as with most other things, everyone has different taste. I liked Eaten Alive, in more of a goofy "hey it's another cannibal movie" way, It is by no means a genre classic however it is fairly obscure and over looked. Anthropophagus does tend to drag but I will say that it has scenes the likes of which have never been duplicated(nor should they) and as for the Prowler it is possibly the most underrated of the Slasher Genre and actually it's one of the best. More people should see it.

I look forward to more people's lists, especially if someone has something to suggest that I haven't seen, though that's probably a difficult task.

Yeah Im a total slasher film guy and the Prowler and The Burning are 2 of my all time faves.

Skeletons
Supernatural black comedy great film, not a graphic horror but it is a very original might be a bit to off beat and English for some though.

[ame]https://youtu.be/-l-lf6auEYk[/ame]

Anyone heard/seen an old Slasher flick called "Madman". I believe it's from 1981. I came across this online and checked out the trailer which looks alright. Anyone recommends this or not? Thanks

Back