Underrated Horror Films?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Nest

209831.1020.A.jpg

I only think I've ever talked to one other person who's seen it. It's very campy/cheesy, but it's one of those movies you like anyway. I'm deathly afraid of roaches, so any image of a cockroach I see, I will flinch.

I only think I've ever talked to one other person who's seen it. It's very campy/cheesy, but it's one of those movies you like anyway. I'm deathly afraid of roaches, so any image of a cockroach I see, I will flinch.

There's a story in Creepshow that gets me every time. :lol

The Nest

209831.1020.A.jpg

I always wanted to see this movie, because I actually love insects and "bug" movies are my guilty pleasure.

There's a story in Creepshow that gets me every time. :lol

That is a damn good story about the roaches. I love the ending scene. Now thats some epic bug action.

If either of you havent seen it you should check out The Thaw, not necessarily "bugs", but more of a parasite movie but while watching even I though thats nasty. Pretty good flick I thought, I really liked it. If you have netflix its on the instant watch, but again its worth the watch if anything.

I always wanted to see this movie, because I actually love insects and "bug" movies are my guilty pleasure.

That is a damn good story about the roaches. I love the ending scene. Now thats some epic bug action.

If either of you havent seen it you should check out The Thaw, not necessarily "bugs", but more of a parasite movie but while watching even I though thats nasty. Pretty good flick I thought, I really liked it. If you have netflix its on the instant watch, but again its worth the watch if anything.

Cool I'll def add it to my queue. Unfortunately The Nest isn't on Netflix. It's actually a rare film. I purchased a used DVD on Amazon to watch it, and it was like $17. Worth every penny, I might add.

Since were on the topic of French horror. Ive been wanting to see Horde. The french zombie movie about the group of people held up in a building...Not sure if its under rated or over rated. Just want to see it. Anyone heard anything about it.
I am watching it right now. It is really pretty good. Am about 3/4's of the way through it (had to pause to make supper) and am really enjoying it. The dialogue is a bit cheesy at times though I am watching a dubbed version so that may explain it. Story is good, effects are very well done. I'd say go for it.
Mike

I am watching it right now. It is really pretty good. Am about 3/4's of the way through it (had to pause to make supper) and am really enjoying it. The dialogue is a bit cheesy at times though I am watching a dubbed version so that may explain it. Story is good, effects are very well done. I'd say go for it.
Mike

I have been trying to get that damn movie for weeks now and NEtflix is screwing me.

Any good horror on instant watch right now? Need something to watch tonight.

I saw House of the Devil the other day, AWESOME film.

I just finished it and it is definitely a must see. I loved it. Last 20 minutes are awesome.

I have been trying to get that damn movie for weeks now and NEtflix is screwing me.

Any good horror on instant watch right now? Need something to watch tonight.

I saw House of the Devil the other day, AWESOME film.
Tell me about it, I was looking for some horror on the instant also, hasnt been much lately. I watched Maze the other day...wow was that awful.

If you get a chance to netflix The Horde, it was awesome. I actually want to pick that movie up whenever I get a chance to find it at a decent price. It was a great fun movie.

along with something sexy, Im looking for some new netflix movies. Anyone have recommendations or is this thread now...over

Split Second with Rutger Hauer and Kim Katrall...Blade Runner like setting...good flick...Creature looks like Venom somewhat

Last edited:
Some of the Wendigo flicks are kinda interesting but not so great

Try "Taxidermia"... It is a Hungarian film streaming on Netflix. While not technically a Horror film the last 1/3 of the film is truly horrific. The film is visually stunning and like nothing I've seen before. Very strange and different.

Friday the 13th part 2. I know the franchise has a big fanbase and that many in that base like the film. However I find it to be one of the best slasher films out there. Probably the next best to Halloween. Good characters, good leading lady, good creepy killer, some great jump scares and great stalking/chase scenes. Probably not the best example of underrated but I think it deserves more credit.

anybody remember an old movie about a giant rat with wings?
i can vividly remember a scene with lots of bones/feeding ground.

i've watched a couple oldies to track which one it is, its not Graveyard Shift. :/

Back