Underrated Horror Films?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
see I look at the camcorder shakey cam like a gimmick, so for me it doesnt work. While yes I guess it does kinda give it that "real" look again I see it as a gimmick and the only thing disturbing about it to me is the fact that it looks like some 12 yr olds filmed it and called it a movie. I just dont care for that stuff.

No worries. You don't have-ta like it. :lol

Cannibal Holocaust was the first to do it. More recently of course, there was Blair Witch, Cloverfield, Diary of the Dead, Quarantine and District 9. Enough movies have done it that it is simply another film making technique. No one is ripping off anyone, and I don't see it as a gimmick.

Again, if a group of psychotic killers were filming each other, AU is what it would look like. And if it was real... I mean that would be disturbing right?

Sure, seeing the real thing is defeintly disturbing and I wouldnt care to watch that, but again for me its mind over matter sort of thing. I know its not real so it just doesnt work for me

I love District 9 and they only used the shakey cam for the first part and everything was still visible. Diary of the Dead...same thing, it was shakey but still visible. The august underground stuff is not even visible there all over the place...that goes for cloverfield as well. I like cloverfield but the shakey cam was way over done in that as well adn I think cloverfield could have been much better if they didnt do it as that.

No worries. You don't have-ta like it. :lol

Cannibal Holocaust was the first to do it. More recently of course, there was Blair Witch, Cloverfield, Diary of the Dead, Quarantine and District 9. Enough movies have done it that it is simply another film making technique. No one is ripping off anyone, and I don't see it as a gimmick.

Again, if a group of psychotic killers were filming each other, AU is what it would look like. And if it was real... I mean that would be disturbing right?

Even the "bum fight" kids cared enough to have their camera less shaky and in most cases that was a "hurry up before the cops get here" type of thing, not a secure location in a basement of a secluded house where there's ample time to set everything up correctly. I would think, that if they cared enough to film it, they'd care enough to see it, so no epileptic cameraman. Instead they shake the camera in an effort to cover up horrible special effects and some of the poorest acting ever shot on camera and hide that under "stylization." That's poor film making in my book.

Last edited:
Even the "bum fight" kids cared enough to have their camera less shaky and in most cases that was a "hurry up before the cops get here" type of thing, not a secure location in a basement of a secluded house where there's ample time to set everything up correctly. I would think, that if they cared enough to film it, they'd care enough to see it, so no epileptic cameraman. Instead they shake the camera in an effort to cover up horrible special effects and some of the poorest acting ever shot on camera and hide that under "stylization." That's poor film making in my book.

Oh, I didn't know you saw AU.

Oh, I didn't know you saw AU.

:moon:nana::moon
It reminded me of a god awful hillbilly cannibal movie I rented in the 80's that was clearly shot in a similar fashion on a hand-held home video camera. Though, for the life of me, I can't remember the name of that abomination.

Dont waste your time with Redneck zombies...its garbage
As for I spit on your grave, yeah revenge flick that wasnt anything spectacular...unfortunately there remaking it.

How about Night of the Demons? Just watched it last Halloween for the first time. Sure it was 80's cheese, but it was pretty decent.

How about Night of the Demons? Just watched it last Halloween for the first time. Sure it was 80's cheese, but it was pretty decent.

I'd said that a while back. It's one of my all time faves and definitely underrated. Great for a Halloween party too. Though the two sequels left much to be desired. :lol

Speaking of which, anybody have any word on the remake?

I'd said that a while back. It's one of my all time faves and definitely underrated. Great for a Halloween party too. Though the two sequels left much to be desired. :lol

Speaking of which, anybody have any word on the remake?

Sorry nam....didn't see it earlier in this thread. I was actually trying to think of the title the other day. Almost got it confused with Demons..but realized that was an entirely separate movie.

Back