Undecided...HELP!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N3M3SIS 2ALL

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok so I need help deciding on buying Robocop (without mechanical chair) or Terminator t-800 battle damage. They both are said to be released in October. My indecisiveness stems from not really being a Robocop fanatic, well i'm not a big terminator fan for that matter but I want to start my collection with movies of my time...80's thru 90's and both of them fit the bill. (don't misunderstand me, I enjoyed and still enjoy both titles and there sequels but i'm just saying i'm not a true die hard fan) so i'm impartial to basing it on who or which movies I prefer.
Soooo moving on.. They both have an iconic value to them, and Ill probably pay more later if I wait to buy one of them later.
Now my issues are other than ed-209 there isn't much else I can pose Robocop with..(I want to set them up with a small diorama as opposed to just having figures all bunched up) not that I think it looks bad, just not my thing. And my problem with the Terminator is that I reaaaally like the T2 judgement day figure with all the weapons and the ooooohhhhh Mini gun. Buuuuut that would set me back close to $400 with shipping and I would have to wait on that for a bit. As opposed to the other two I can do a flex pay so my first payment would be in a few days and the last payment the next month when it supposedly comes out. And just to put it out there I only plan on having one version of Terminator which is why im so conflicted on buying this terminator or waiting and getting the other one. Probably going to pull the trigger tomorrow so chime in guys.:pray:

I know this post is all over the place, but I think faster than i can type so try and make it out as best as you can and help me,lol/

Pre-order the Terminator with Mini-gun and pick up the older Neca 1/4 Robocop figure, for much less cash.. or more sensibly, since you say you are not a massive fan of either franchise.. Buy moar Iron Manz!
:rock

Pre-order the Terminator with Mini-gun and pick up the older Neca 1/4 Robocop figure, for much less cash.. or more sensibly, since you say you are not a massive fan of either franchise.. Buy moar Iron Manz!

this, can't go wrong with ironmens, once you decide to sell them off, it's pretty much the plastic Gold in Toy industry.

Jeez. Can't realistically decide for you. I'm more of a Terminator fan so I'm biased towards that but the Robocop, so far, looks to be a ****ing incredible figure.

I would highly recommend getting both and putting them on FLEX. Double rewards for the T-800 right now too :wink1: If your plan is to have a collection representing classic movies from the 80's, then you really should have a Terminator and Robocop.

Im sorry I think I wrote it down wrong, the Terminator t-800 thats on pre order now, doesn't come with the mini-gun. The T-2 T-800 that I really want is the one with all black leather, ***** load of weapons and accessories. Personally I prefer the T-2 version but I cant see myself spending close to $400 bucks right now. Whats persuading me right now to buy the latest T-800 is that I can split the payments in 2, I wont feel the pain that way. So im thinking I should probably wait and get the T-2 which is the one I really want and pre ordering robocop. Ill check out the Neca Robocop but I kinda wanted to stick to Hot Toys (im a newbie, that will probably wear off soon and just collect all kinds,lol) Thanks for the input.:clap

this, can't go wrong with ironmens, once you decide to sell them off, it's pretty much the plastic Gold in Toy industry.

Yeah I have noticed that, but seeing as how Im only interested in getting one version of each figure im going to wait for the diecast mark 3, but that doesnt come out till a loooong time. I need something now!....well october at least,lol.

Jeez. Can't realistically decide for you. I'm more of a Terminator fan so I'm biased towards that but the Robocop, so far, looks to be a ****ing incredible figure.

Yeah I like them both as well, but when I think Terminator I picture the all black leather, shades, and an arsenal of weapons, so I think im going to wait and buy the T-2 and pre-order Robocop.

I would highly recommend getting both and putting them on FLEX. Double rewards for the T-800 right now too :wink1: If your plan is to have a collection representing classic movies from the 80's, then you really should have a Terminator and Robocop.

WWWWHHHHHHYYYYY!!! lol, believe me it crossed my mind, and its soooo easy to make sense of it! small payments, they are both something I want to have, they will be more expensive for me to get later. UUUhhhggg:gah: all I needed is someone to reconfirm that its a good idea.

okay, I guess I could have asked this question differently. You as a collector, if you were going to have one Terminator figure to represent the franchise which one would you choose the T-800 battle damaged or the T-2 Judgement Day Terminator? I think thats my real issue, Im convincing myself to get the t-800 because I can get it in two payments as opposed to plunking down $350-$400. But in all reality I want the T-2

WWWWHHHHHHYYYYY!!! lol, believe me it crossed my mind, and its soooo easy to make sense of it! small payments, they are both something I want to have, they will be more expensive for me to get later. UUUhhhggg:gah: all I needed is someone to reconfirm that its a good idea.

okay, I guess I could have asked this question differently. You as a collector, if you were going to have one Terminator figure to represent the franchise which one would you choose the T-800 battle damaged or the T-2 Judgement Day Terminator? I think thats my real issue, Im convincing myself to get the t-800 because I can get it in two payments as opposed to plunking down $350-$400. But in all reality I want the T-2

I think you may have answered your own question.. you want the T2, so if you pre-order the other Terminator figure it will always be a disappointment, because it is not the T2 you really want.. check out the Neca 1/4 Robocop but if you feel it is the wrong scale for your collection, then pre-order the Hot Toys Robocop.. or better still, the Iron Man MkIII Diecast!

Part of the fun of collecting, is hunting for a figure you really want, at a sensible price.. so you have your first grail quest: the Hot Toys T-800 Judgement Day figure!

I think you may have answered your own question.. you want the T2, so if you pre-order the other Terminator figure it will always be a disappointment, because it is not the T2 you really want.. check out the Neca 1/4 Robocop but if you feel it is the wrong scale for your collection, then pre-order the Hot Toys Robocop.. or better still, the Iron Man MkIII Diecast!

Part of the fun of collecting, is hunting for a figure you really want, at a sensible price.. so you have your first grail quest: the Hot Toys T-800 Judgement Day figure!

yes I think your right, to the search I go! thanx for the input.

Well I wasted everyone's time! I just caved and PO'd both (plus the Delorean, but that was a given!) But I figure if I don't like this version of the terminator I can always sell and get the T2. But thanks everyone for the input....now the waiting game.:impatient:

Well I wasted everyone's time! I just caved and PO'd both (plus the Delorean, but that was a given!) But I figure if I don't like this version of the terminator I can always sell and get the T2. But thanks everyone for the input....now the waiting game.:impatient:

You haven't wasted everyone's time!
Its always entertaining to see new collectors go nuts and order everything in sight :)

Back