Uncharted: The Movie (Now without a director, officially)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Uncharted: The Movie (Now with Mark Wahlberg, officially)

On the fence about Marky Mark, who knows how it'll turn out but i'll watch it either way.

Also what is up with all the Bradley Cooper hype for wanting him as Drake, he's noway right i just couldn't buy BC as Drake lol

Well that's the end of that then. Mark Wahlberg, Robert De Niro and Al Pacino... :slap

Whoever is responsible for casting this needs a swift kick in the balls.

I'll probably just end up pretending this film never happened and just stick with the games.

My hopes for this movie have been ruined, Marky Mark is a terrible choice to play Drake. No way does he have the charisma or comedic timing needed to pull off this role. IMO Nathan Fillion was born to play Nate Drake and the casting directors and studio blew it. :mad:

Totally agree with you, Ill.
:exactly::goodpost:

When I first got my PS3, the Uncharted games were my first 2 games. While playing them, I always thought that if they made a movie Nathan Fillion would be the perfect actor to portray Drake. Guess Hollywood doesn't agree with a lot of us. :(

Urgh.... :slap
I thought Fillion would get the role. I actually think Nolan North should have gotten it, he is the one and original Drake after all. He is a great actor, got the voice, the humour, though he doesn't look that much like Drake I think he can really pull it off. They better cast Emily Rose as Elena because she is PERFECT for the role.
I really like the original voice actors and think a lot of them should reprise their roles in the film adaption :)

No thanks they arleady ruined Max Payne.

How I feel about Marky Mark Wahlberg as Nathan Drake

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/umDr0mPuyQc?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/umDr0mPuyQc?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

WELL . . .

I guess it's better to completely ruin a video game film adaptation instead of a cult favorite comic book character that has already been ruined by lousy sequels and an abomination of a TV series (i.e. THE CROW).

I don't get why we are all shocked here, Hollywood almost always tends to get these things wrong...how many comic book and video game adaptions have they ruined that could have been awesome if done right?

If they succeed it's very far and few between.

I don't get why we are all shocked here, Hollywood almost always tends to get these things wrong...how many comic book and video game adaptions have they ruined that could have been awesome if done right?

The only video game movies that were alright IMO were:
Mortal Kombat
Max Payne
Silent Hill

Everything else just missed the mark on what the games felt like.

Couple months in the gym and he's perfect for the movie.

fvilqx.jpg

Couple months in the gym and he's perfect for the movie.

fvilqx.jpg

No doubt he's the only choice to me. He's got the Nathan Drake look and the witty humor and charm. If they aren't going with him I'm not accepting this movie, it shouldn't even be made. If only the fans were in charge of it.

00%20Nathan%20Drake%20as%20Nathan%20Fillon%2002.jpg

Bruce Campbell with a mustache would make a great Sully, he's got that likable wit about him. And Mélanie Laurent would make a great Elena. Benicio Del Toro would make a good Navarro as well.

This movie is going to be all wrong guys.

Bruce Campbell is like Christopher Walken. Any movie he's in gets a thumbs up just because.

I'm most bothered that Robert DeNiro, Joe Pesci and Al Pacino may be in the film. They don't belong in an Uncharted movie. Plus Drake's dad and uncle being in the film? Can't they just be ____ing faithful? They are unnecessary, the only father figure Drake needs in the film is Sully. Jeff Bridges would be a great Sully.

Never played the game, but maybe I will when it eventually crosses to xbox (cause we all know every sony game will).

That being said from the screen shots I have seen, looks interesting, and since Ive never had a problem with Mark in any movie. Too me he'll be just fine.

I think he resembles the character in some ways, and just because an actor is cast as an action/thriller/drama doesn't mean he's can't have humor. The majority of James Franco's first big roles were action and drama based, and hes a funny SOB these days.

To say you wont support a film because you don't think an actor is right for the role is silly. At least support the story, cause it appears to be an interesting one. Or at the very least support it cause its based from the game.

Last edited:

Never played the game, but maybe I will when it eventually crosses to xbox (cause we all know every sony game will).

That being said from the screen shots I have seen, looks interesting, and since Ive never had a problem with Mark in any movie. Too me he'll be just fine.

I think he resembles the character in some ways, and just because an actor is cast as an action/thriller/drama doesn't mean he's can't have humor. The majority of James Franco's first big roles were action and drama based, and hes a funny SOB these days.

To say you wont support a film because you don't think an actor is right for the role is silly. At least support the story, cause it appears to be an interesting one. Or at the very least support it cause its based from the game.

That's the problem then, someone who hasn't played the game and has only seen screenshots doesn't even know the characters. Mark Walhberg is a complete miscast and a mistake. This a movie for the fans and for gamers, not someone who has only seen screenshots, no offense.

BTW the story will suck as well.

That's the problem then, someone who hasn't played the game and has only seen screenshots doesn't even know the characters. Mark Walhberg is a complete miscast and a mistake. This a movie for the fans and for gamers, not someone who has only seen screenshots, no offense.

BTW the story will suck as well.

1) You clearly don't know who your talking to if you think im not a gamer. Pretty sure the name/sig and avatar prove that I am.

2) To say a movie is only for fans and gamers is one of the stupidest things ive heard in a while, especially since I work in the industry. Thats like saying only people who liked Batman before hand should of been able to see BB or TDK. If people could only see a movie if they were a fan first of something that was a pre cursor (book,game,board game,comics etc) then many many franchises would have not of been successful - Resident Evil, Harry Potter, LOTR, Any superhero movie, I could go on.. but I wont.

Your logic is also wrong because like me and countless other that don't have PS3 but are still capable of liking the film. Never played silent hill (more of a resident evil guy) but enjoyed that. Maybe its better that I haven't from what you say.

Anyhoo...Ill see it and enjoy it cause frankly I watch films for story and production design. Not the actors who are in them.

Last edited:
Back