Uncharted: The Movie (Now without a director, officially)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Uncharted: The Movie (Now with Mark Wahlberg, officially)

I agree. He has all the charm and jokes that drake has. I heard that he was passed over because of him not having muscles. That's what a trainer is for.

That seems unlikely--he may not be supper jacked at the moment, but he's definitely in shape--they probably just want to use a bigger name for the part so they can get more money

Mark's a good actor but i'm having trouble seeing him as Drake :(

Hopefully it works; I was hoping for someone younger to be honest...

DeNiro in an Uncharted movie as Drakes dad? Bleh.

That seems unlikely--he may not be supper jacked at the moment, but he's definitely in shape--they probably just want to use a bigger name for the part so they can get more money

ya I also heard that. Fillion isn't as big of a draw. I would rather seen it done right with a lesser known actor then with Marky mark.

Mark is a two dimensional meat head. He doesn't have the witty humor and charm one needs to possess to play Nathan Drake. I'm going to put this in my wrong call folder, and I'm writing the movie off as a fan before it even begins.

Guess his acclaimed roles in Boogie Nights and The Departed prove your point. :lol

Hes supposed to be amazing in the upcoming boxing movie. He was also really good in Invincable.

Wow, this news depressed me...! As an uncharted fan, this casting news is awful....... Walhberg is good in the right roles, but he doesnt have the Drake twinkle.......

Maybe I can become an extra and choke Russell, since hes a violent guy

Guess his acclaimed roles in Boogie Nights and The Departed prove your point. :lol

Hes supposed to be amazing in the upcoming boxing movie. He was also really good in Invincable.

He was also amazing in Planet of the Apes and Shooter, and was nominated for many awards for his work in The Happening and Max Payne. . . . oh wait, no he wasn't, those movies were terrible.

Mark Wahlberg is a decent actor, just wrong for this part. If you'll notice he's done his best work in dramas, and has stunk up the joint in his action roles. This role was made for Nathan Fillion. . . or even Ryan Reynolds.

My hopes for this movie have been ruined, Marky Mark is a terrible choice to play Drake. No way does he have the charisma or comedic timing needed to pull off this role. IMO Nathan Fillion was born to play Nate Drake and the casting directors and studio blew it. :mad:

Nathan Fillion :(

Chris Evans :(

Hell, even Hugh Jackman :(

All better than Marky Mark.

So many out there,it's about finding them...We can only come up with the biggest names.

Joe Flanigan from Stargate could be one option:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0281167/

Could be many actually,and Wahlberg is not one of them,he is just too booring to play a character like Drake.

personally i think he is perfect for the role, love stargate atlantis!

He's a decent actor but not Nathan Drake. Fillion looks like Drake, Wahlberg seems to take himself too seriously. Seems like a real prick.

I thought that James Roday guy from that Psych show on USA would makea pretty good Nathan Drake. He's a little on the smaller side compared to Drake from the game, but his acting style and humor seem to match the Nate Drake character pretty well in my opinion.

This guy:

James-Roday-psych-2574432-350-525.jpg

Last edited:

I'm surprised Wahlberg is getting so much hate here. I think he's a very capable actor that has some range. I liked him in Boogie Nights, The Departed, The Other Guys and it looks like he'll do well in The Fighter.

Sure, he's been in some stinkers, but so have the best and highly praised actors. You can't blame the quality of Max Payne or The Happening on Wahlberg. Those movies stunk because of the director (looking at you, Shyamalan) and/or script writers.

That being said, I like him, but he's certainly nowhere near my list of preferred actors for the Nathan Drake role. I would've preferred:

1. Nathan Fillion
2. Bradley Cooper
3. David Boreanaz (looks a lot like Drake!)

I think the right choice for a Nathan Drake would be a guy that has the same charm and funny jokes here and there like Harrison Ford in the classic Indiana Jones movies,and im sorry...Mark Wahlberg is not the right guy for this movie.The Director doesn't seem to be creative enough to find the right actors,i love Deniro and Pesci,but c'mon...in a movie like this:dunno
If Drake has a crazy Uncle it would be funny with Pesci,kinda like in Lethal Weapon 4.

I agree....No way Marky Mark is Nathan Drake.....plus Mark Wahlberg is from Boston......Don't think Drake is irish....

I'm surprised Wahlberg is getting so much hate here. I think he's a very capable actor that has some range. I liked him in Boogie Nights, The Departed, The Other Guys and it looks like he'll do well in The Fighter.

Sure, he's been in some stinkers, but so have the best and highly praised actors. You can't blame the quality of Max Payne or The Happening on Wahlberg. Those movies stunk because of the director (looking at you, Shyamalan) and/or script writers.

That being said, I like him, but he's certainly nowhere near my list of preferred actors for the Nathan Drake role. I would've preferred:

1. Nathan Fillion
2. Bradley Cooper
3. David Boreanaz (looks a lot like Drake!)

Bradley Cooper would have been perfect for it. I don't think Wahlberg can deliver that type of humor.

Didn't they learn their lesson with Max Payne?

l like Wahlberg in movies. Max Payne was not his fault. that movie was so badly written, and besides mark, it had a horrible cast. it would be good to see Pesci again though. do not know much about this though, have not played the game.

The Fighter
'Irish' Mickey Ward

lol.....

Someone give me David O Russell's address...i'll 'take care of it'

Last edited:

Cooper??? Maybe if he died his hair darker....but honestly MW is a TERRIBLE choice...

Back