Uncharted: The Movie (Now without a director, officially)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait for the teaser/trailer! I hope they include a Kanye West song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I'd like to see an Uncharted film, I have a feeling I'd be less disappointed if I just played the games instead.

It looks like this is a prequel now, with Tom Holland as Drake.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/22/uncharted-movie-casts-spider-man-star-tom-holland-as-nathan-drake

"The latest Spider-Man, Tom Holland will play Nathan Drake in the long-gestating Uncharted movie.

According to Deadline, the movie will be set around the sequence in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception in which a young Nathan first meets his mentor, Sullivan, placing it as a prequel to the video game series.

The casting decision was reportedly made after Sony Pictures chief Tom Rothman was impressed by Holland in the latest cut of the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

While Stranger Things director Shawn Levy is still aboard, Sony will apparently now begin the search for a new scriptwriter, who'll begin work on creating a Young Drake storyline (which presumably means that Joe Carnahan's "monstrously cool" completed script has been dropped).

It's been a long road to finding Nathan Drake. Originally announced in 2009, the film has gone through multiple directors, writers and actors (including the seemingly solid Mark Wahlberg, but who subsequently dropped out).

With a director and a lead in place, this is as stable as the project's been for some time - now it just needs a script and a gap in Holland's increasingly busy schedule."

Not that I care really but isn't Nathan Drake supposed to be a ruggedly handsome manly man?

Usually, yeah. There are a couple flashbacks in the later games though, which show him as a young'un.

600px-Uncharted3-Defender-1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

...But it seems dumb to have a whole movie based on those segments. It reeks of sequel baiting.

Ace_Ventura_Jr_-_Pet_Detective.png

This is just retarded. Not surprised they are trying to get Holland, especially with the recent Venom announcement. My guess is they want to jump start their Spidey Universe, and trying to snag Holland as well.

Sony is making this right? Makes sense they cast Holland.

I like him and all but it's a terrible idea to have a whole movie based on a young Drake.

:lol

We'll see how it does at the box office.

761b0b5ad14875d8a7a1b84d33f1feb5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol Sony is a failing company right now. They are dying they are trying everything they can to make money so these dumb decisions are expected. These idiots are making an emoji movie

Not that I care really but isn't Nathan Drake supposed to be a ruggedly handsome manly man?

Drake is supposed to be the guy that perfectly straight men go a little bit gay for. No offense to Holland, but he's not that guy. :lol

Usually, yeah. There are a couple flashbacks in the later games though, which show him as a young'un.

That might seem like the case but the young Nathan Drake in the game was 12 years old. Tom Holland is 20. Drake in Uncharted 1 was 31. They're building this as a franchise so they need a slightly younger actor so he'll still be youthful and all springy by the time the Uncharted 7 movie comes out. Kinda like what Sony is doing with that kid playing Spider-Man in the new movi.. wait a sec.. Is he the only young actor around? :mad:

Back