Statue Uncharted 3's Nathan Drake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats mate, what do you think of it? I remember you from the Playstation AU forums by the way :)

Here he is :yess:

NatePFF2.jpg

He is in a complete different league of any other collectible I have. Like, actual clothing and accessories, lol... It would be like comparing (for any Lego collectors) the limited and expensive Ultimate Collector Series 5000+ piece Millennium Falcon which came out in 2007 for ages 16+, to every other Lego M-Falcon that has ever come out, including the current 1200 piece kit for ages 9-14.

I can't wait until the 1:6 scale figure of him comes out... I also love the look of the new Optimas Prime, but 2000US is a bit out of my price range :O

And, ah, the old AUPSF days. Last I checked there wasn't anyone from the 'old days' still posting. It's a shame, but it's the nature of all online communities..

Here he is :yess:

View attachment 107451

He is in a complete different league of any other collectible I have. Like, actual clothing and accessories, lol... It would be like comparing (for any Lego collectors) the limited and expensive Ultimate Collector Series 5000+ piece Millennium Falcon which came out in 2007 for ages 16+, to every other Lego M-Falcon that has ever come out, including the current 1200 piece kit for ages 9-14.

I can't wait until the 1:6 scale figure of him comes out... I also love the look of the new Optimas Prime, but 2000US is a bit out of my price range :O

And, ah, the old AUPSF days. Last I checked there wasn't anyone from the 'old days' still posting. It's a shame, but it's the nature of all online communities..

Congrats mate, I love mine as well. Never get tired of looking at it...has so much presence. So is this your first 'high end' collectible? It's a very slippery slope from here I'm afraid, LOL. I started with 1/6 figures, now moving on to 1/4 pieces and above. I remember once thinking the prices for 1/6 were very expensive, now suddenly they seem cheap in comparison to the bigger stuff, lol.

Yeah I haven't logged onto AUPSF for a long time, although I do have a few guys from there on my PSN friends list. It started to die off a while back and I lost interest. I still love games, but not as big of a gamer as I used to be. Don't get much time to play anymore, and the older I get the more sensitive I become to motion sickness from videogames. Drives me nuts. Feels like amost anything these days gives me motion sickness to some degree, lol.

I had to cancel my Ex due to credit card issues but I have no regrets. turned out very nice though.

how the HELL is this thing not even on the waitlist?? Am i the only one who thinks thats nuts..? I remember the first time I ever went on SS website (been collecting less than a year) and as a huge gamer, I saw the shepard and drake PFs..drake was still available so I instantly pre-ordered it, and then after reading up about waitlists and all that I hopped on the shepard WL and that was that. I remember thinking wow that thing is effin insane..totally great piece and it looks spot on…and then I figured once it came out and it was official that it looked so good, more ppl would grab it…yet nothing.

This is a damn nice pf. The first I've ever considered getting. It actually turned out nice. For once.

I think it's one of the best PF's produced by SSC. Bummer if sales for this turned them off doing tLoU PF's.

I was thinking about starting a new thread to ask these questions, but maybe it can be answered quickly in here.

Would it be easy enough to break down a polystone statue to make a 1/4 figure? Can you break parts off cleanly (I'm thinking about the head sculpt & shoes) & sand off the excess? Or is polystone way too chippy & unpredictable? I'm thinking drilling holes & things like that might crack the polystone in undesired areas, but I don't know, since I don't really have experience with this kinda mod.

I guess one could recast the sculpt & shoes in resin, then paint them, but I don't have the know how to do that, so I was thinking maybe I could simply break a spare statue down into parts for a 1/4 figure. I think the only thing that would be missing would be his watch, since it's sculpted onto the statue.

Of course before doing this I'm going to see if a 1/4 body is available for such a project. I have 2 Enterbay 1/4 bodies (T800 & Bruce Lee), & I know I might not find the perfect Nathan Drake body type there, but maybe something will be passable.

If I don't get enough answers here, I might go ahead & start a new thread. Or maybe there is a link to somebody attempting something similar that somebody can share?

Thoughts?

how the HELL is this thing not even on the waitlist?? Am i the only one who thinks thats nuts..? I remember the first time I ever went on SS website (been collecting less than a year) and as a huge gamer, I saw the shepard and drake PFs..drake was still available so I instantly pre-ordered it, and then after reading up about waitlists and all that I hopped on the shepard WL and that was that. I remember thinking wow that thing is effin insane..totally great piece and it looks spot on…and then I figured once it came out and it was official that it looked so good, more ppl would grab it…yet nothing.

They released this when the hype died down, with the Uncharted 4 teaser just releasing, I suspect this will sell out soon.

Just a heads up for whoever wants this (like me), they sell it on Thinkgeek for the same price. However right now anything over $75 has free shipping and there is a 20% off coupon for the site.

Total comes out to $294!

He was absolutely worth it! Mirroring everyone's opinion that it's one of the best that Sideshow has put out. So glad to have one of my favorite characters so well represented :)

dkXFSUWl.jpg

NUJy0ysl.jpg

So I just purchased this off Ebay for $320 shipped. I assumed it was the regular because the seller says that it has an ES of 1000. However, in the description it says that it includes the AK-47. At first I thought this might be a type, but I received an e-mail from the seller saying that the AK-47 would be shipped separately. I asked the seller why and he said that when SS first started shipping the exclusive, they forgot to include the AK-47. He said that Sideshow started shipping the AK-47 separately and that there is no room in the box for it.

Is there any validity to this? It sounds highly suspect to me. If this is just the regular and happens to include the exclusive, then fine. I'm beginning to have my doubts though. The seller account was created in 2003 and has 15 positive feedback. I'm realizing now that all of the feedback for the seller is from over a year ago. So far the seller has had good communication though, good English and the tracking number appears to be valid...

I'm assuming that if this goes South I'll be protected by Ebay Buyer Protection?

So I just purchased this off Ebay for $320 shipped. I assumed it was the regular because the seller says that it has an ES of 1000. However, in the description it says that it includes the AK-47. At first I thought this might be a type, but I received an e-mail from the seller saying that the AK-47 would be shipped separately. I asked the seller why and he said that when SS first started shipping the exclusive, they forgot to include the AK-47. He said that Sideshow started shipping the AK-47 separately and that there is no room in the box for it.

Is there any validity to this? It sounds highly suspect to me. If this is just the regular and happens to include the exclusive, then fine. I'm beginning to have my doubts though. The seller account was created in 2003 and has 15 positive feedback. I'm realizing now that all of the feedback for the seller is from over a year ago. So far the seller has had good communication though, good English and the tracking number appears to be valid...

I'm assuming that if this goes South I'll be protected by Ebay Buyer Protection?

I ordered the EX day one and i got my AK in the box...I don't know what that guy is talking about...

Yeah, from what I remember, the EX arm was in the box as well. Not sure if he's lying, or simply mistaken. It's from eBay, & if you paid normally via PayPal, I think you'll be protected, during a certain time period.

This is still one of the best PF's from SSC.

Edit: I think the ES for the EX was 500, not 1000. Hmmm.

Yea EX was 500, regular was 1000. Sounds like he got an EX arm and is bundling it with a regular. If you don't care about it being an actual EX, then congrats cuz he's awesome!

If anybody comes across a broken one (preferably the sculpt undamaged) on the cheap (like $200 cheap), please let me know. I want to experiment with it.

Thanks for the input, guys. I don't care that it's the EX but wouldn't mind if the AK is bundled with it. As long as it's the real deal. If it doesn't pan out, hopefully I'll still have time to get it off BBTS. I started collecting statues at the end of last year (switched from sixth scale) and this is the only statue that I really wanted to track down, since it was sold out before I started collecting. It looks excellent and I love the games.

Can't wait for Uncharted 4! :rock

So, here's an interesting one. The package arrived today and says that it's an "employee edition" on the box. Sure enough, open the statue up and see that the bottom of the base is stamped with "employee edition" and it's numbered 07/40. The hell?

Back