Statue Uncharted 3's Nathan Drake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 1/6 scale sake, I hope these freaking sell well... I want my 1/6 freaking yesterday.

I'm a bit surprised as well but I'm sure he'll sell out before release, it's just that he hasn't been mentioned lately and newcomers or people who missed the reveal might not know about it.

I'm a little surprised as well. It looks like an excellent statue, based on one of the best video game franchises of this generation.

You're not supposed to talk. :lecture

I'm a bit surprised as well but I'm sure he'll sell out before release, it's just that he hasn't been mentioned lately and newcomers or people who missed the reveal might not know about it.

You're not supposed to talk. :lecture

I don't speak, but I can still type. :lecture

Now if you'll excuse me, I still have to figure out how to put these damn socks on.

I'm heavily debating cancelling my PO on this figure at the moment. He's awesome, and I've already got Lara ready to be displayed beside him; however, orders are piling up and funds aren't...Drake seems the most dismissible at this point in time.

It's an amazing PF, and I do want to own it at some point; however, it's $450 or so with taxes/shipping and customs by the time it gets here, so it adds up with the rest of my orders. Also, I'm almost positive I'll be able to get a regular version some time next year when things hopefully balance out a bit.

Losing the NRD sucks, but I think it's the way to go...anyone have any thoughts? Anyone ever have to make these tough calls and cancel due to things piling up? Ever have a figure just stop "calling" to you during the PO wait while juggling other orders? Any regrets?

Tell me your stories :) Haha

Golden boy, at this point you've paid for the option to purchase him. See what happens between now and when he is getting ready to be delivered before you cancel!!

I think I've read some stories where SSC was kind enough to transfer NRD to another order, or something like that. Maybe you could contact them & see what they say.

I'm heavily debating cancelling my PO on this figure at the moment. He's awesome, and I've already got Lara ready to be displayed beside him; however, orders are piling up and funds aren't...Drake seems the most dismissible at this point in time.

It's an amazing PF, and I do want to own it at some point; however, it's $450 or so with taxes/shipping and customs by the time it gets here, so it adds up with the rest of my orders. Also, I'm almost positive I'll be able to get a regular version some time next year when things hopefully balance out a bit.

Losing the NRD sucks, but I think it's the way to go...anyone have any thoughts? Anyone ever have to make these tough calls and cancel due to things piling up? Ever have a figure just stop "calling" to you during the PO wait while juggling other orders? Any regrets?

Tell me your stories :) Haha

Cancel another statue and keep Drake :pfft:
Don't get tempted by the dark side which results in numerous POs. It's a pity to lose NRDs.

...but Francis "da man" describes it a lot better:

"There must be a beginning of any great matter (aka Nate's PO lol), but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory (aka Nate's purchase)" - Sir Francis Drake, 1587

Golden boy, at this point you've paid for the option to purchase him. See what happens between now and when he is getting ready to be delivered before you cancel!!

I think I've read some stories where SSC was kind enough to transfer NRD to another order, or something like that. Maybe you could contact them & see what they say.

Cancel another statue and keep Drake :pfft:
Don't get tempted by the dark side which results in numerous POs. It's a pity to lose NRDs.

...but Francis "da man" describes it a lot better:

"There must be a beginning of any great matter (aka Nate's PO lol), but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory (aka Nate's purchase)" - Sir Francis Drake, 1587

:goodpost:

Thanks all! See, I've got this horrible need to buy everything I want right away. It's a REALLY bad need to have in this hobby, as if you don't there's a good chance things may vanish for good (or at least to escalated prices.)

I've got a Flex Pay coming out on the 20th for him, I believe. With the NRD already paid, are the Flex Payments returnable up until delivery with just the loss of the NRD? If that's the case, then I guess it would make sense to hold on, see how the flex payments affect the bank account and whatnot...but if they're non-refundable or a hassle once they begin to come out, then I'll likely have to rethink this one until next year (not that it's coming out before then anyway!)

Looking up the Flex Pay, looks like there are some heavy cancellation fees if you cancel after the first/second payments are taken out. Guess that's the disadvantage of not just paying in full when the item is released!

Must weigh options fast!!

:gah:

Last edited:
Still debating on getting this or not. He looks nice but our trackrecord with ssc has been less then great and he looks kinda fragile... ah well, he hasnt sold out yet so weve got time :p

Too bad to hear. I've had a great track record. For PF's alone 19 later and I've had issues with only 2.

Hopefully we will see the 1/6 Nathan Drake on display at Comic Con... but who knows? Last year we saw quite a few that haven't even had PO yet.

I kind of wonder what the reaction would be if they had a Video Game display with the Arkham Hot Toys, the Tychus Findlay, the 1/6th Drake, and a 1/6th Joel & Ellie from The Last of Us. I just wonder if people would be excited or pissed, since there are about 3 different custom projects going all at once for those two.

Idk how twitter works but either Naughty Dog tweeted this to Sideshow or something but here's a tweeted pic that I'm surprised hasn't been posted:

BOxBoGTCMAA6CnO.jpg:large

Says that this is a production sample sent to the studio for review

pretty sure that's just lens distortion. Looks like it was taken with a camera phone as well judging by the quality of the picture. Quality wise though, everything looks great to me. Even the paint, though I still may repaint it after a week or 2.

Back