Statue Uncharted 3's Nathan Drake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ex edition PO'd :D This will be my first PF...and likely my last, unless they do a MGS PF as well lol.

I'm new to the hobby and don't really have any interest in 1/4 statues, but this was too good to pass up. Looks amazing, and I'm a huge fan of the games so I had to have this! Hope it fits in a Detolf. Will be creating my own base for this with sand and rocks to simulate the proto pics.

Never had any experience with Sideshow statues before, so I hope the final production piece looks as good as the prototype! Judging by some comments here it sounds like Sideshow production pieces tend to not look as good as the prototypes? I hope that's not the case here :pray:

The production pieces never get the same love that the prototype pieces do. Unfortunately. But that doesn't mean that the prod piece won't come out looking good.

This is a nice piece, and it seems like you have a good reason for picking this one up. That's the only thing that counts...

Beware with Detolfs and PFs. I might be hysterical, but there are some weight factors that you need to beware of. Just a friendly warning.

They state 6 kg per shelf. Obviously not for the bottom or on top.

Some have had some customs shelves made off of more durable glass. Problem solved.

It's not that big a problem, but you need to beware.

I've heard that people's glass shelves did break, smashing pieces as it fell down. I don't trust pf's on it. I had my Lara Snow Day on the very top of them and it would make the glass 'settle' and it would do it quite a lot. Since I've taken it off, I've heard nothing. So I am glad I took it off before it was too late.

Yikes! thanks for the warning people. Would hate to spend $350 on a figure, only to have it come crashing down lol. I'll think of something else. I do have a billy book case I can put it in, but would rather not as it's not closed up and I wanted to keep my figures and statues in one section.

I'll figure out something else. Might just use a floating shelf fixed into wall studs with an acrylic case over it or something. What is everyone else using to display this thing?

Also, I've been reading a bit on PF's, and it seems like it can be a bi of a QC nightmare. It's a bit off-putting to be honest, given that I live in Australia, I'd hate to have to send this thing back to Sideshow in the event that it's broken or faulty, especially if I had to do it more than once!

To this day, I think it's fair to say that the Ikea Besta shelf is the most popular one for PF collectors.

You can have a look in the "How to display your collectibles" section.

This thread in particular: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76999

Just skip through it and look for some pictures. It's a great system with various options and combinations.

In regard to QC. You can't really let them hold you back. Ever. Granted, it can be a swing and miss, most of the time, the pieces come out looking really good. Obviously not as good as the prototypes, but usually not far behind. QC can seem random, and sometimes you can't help but scratch your head.

But if you really want a piece. Get it. Worry about QC at that time.

Thanks bud. Will go through that thread and get some ideas.

You're right about the QC issues. Just a pain in the a$$ when you live so far away from Sideshow lol. This piece looks too good to pass up though. Hopefully Sideshow can deliver and out out a quality Nathan Drake statue :) Here's hoping they do a MGS PF next!

I simply had to order this - I am finally playing through my first Uncharted game (Golden Abyss for Vita) - I'm going to get 1-3 next!

Still need to finish AC3, after that It's looking like this collection is next up for me.

I think this statue looks great but honestly I prefer the pistol in his hand so the ex is not necessary. This way I can wait for in hand pics to see how he looks.

It's always great when you see a piece and prefer the regular so that you can save some money. Even if it's a print, I never prefer the regular. If I end up with a regular, it's because I accept that I cannot accept the inflated prices of the ex.

Thought this was pretty cool. An anagram of the words .....

NATHAN DRAKE PREMIUM FORMAT

is .....

ME, A RANDOM TRIUMPHANT FREAK

:lol

It's always great when you see a piece and prefer the regular so that you can save some money. Even if it's a print, I never prefer the regular. If I end up with a regular, it's because I accept that I cannot accept the inflated prices of the ex.

It makes even more sense to stick with the Regular for us EU buyers. Due to insane shipping prices and insane customs fees.

I should probably re-check into current prices locally. Last i checked they were higher than SSC

When I buy locally, I save a lot of money. This is my latest example.

I've purchased the Boba Fett 1:1 Bust directly from Sideshow (getting it next month).

Bust: $800
Shipping (to Denmark): $150
Customs*: ~ $350

Total: $1300

* based on previous purchases, multiplying the value => customs.

Back