Action Figure (Un)Happy Anniversary - Hasbro No Longer Selling G.I. JOE Brand Products

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thing is GI Joe is their creation from the start just like Barbie is to Mattel. They own it completely. Anybody that wants to do anything Joe has to come to them for permission and they will get a percentage of any profit and have some input into the final product. Joe is dead as long as they so will it. Unlike Star Wars, Marvel and Transformers in which others are involved. But still unlike other toy lines I rarely see any of their products advertised on tv. That was one of the things that kept the name alive and crucial to the Real American Hero's success. I would love to see a regular Resolute series on Adult Swim or something. I know it'd probably be a little too dark for regular kid hours with people actually being shot in a cartoon. lmao. But it's okay in video games parents buy for them.

Boo! What a way to celebrate 50. Was hoping this year would be a resurgence, but honestly, considering the crap stuff we've been getting for years I can't say I'm surprised. With the exception of the PoC stuff, everything has seemed fairly low quality. No surprise, PoC is the only thing recently that has a real aftermarket value, too bad Hasblo didn't just understand that.

Today I read this, and that this is the first weekend in America without Saturday morning Cartoons on any of the Networks.

Today I read this, and that this is the first weekend in America without Saturday morning Cartoons on any of the Networks.

This Is the First Weekend in America With No Saturday Morning Cartoons

Damn. I was just justifying allowing my girls to watch My Little Pony cartoons on Saturday morning to my wife because it was like when I was a kid and watched various cartoons every Saturday. I realize I'm being irrationally nostalgic, but I think this move sucks ass. Some of my great childhood memories are watching long blocks of cartoons like Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, Super Powers/Friends, the Real Ghostbusters, Dragon's Lair, Dungeons and Dragons, Galaxy High, even Snorkles and Muppet Babies.

Oh, well. Of course, kids today won't care anyway. But it's too bad that they won't get that same pleasure that many of us did.

Jeebus, I didn't realize TV stations had ben ditching Saturday morning cartoons all these years...and yeah Kara, those titles bring back some great memories. We used to have huge Friday night sleepovers just to get up and watch those cartoons, it was more than just programming, it was .... haha, can't really think of a word to describe it, but it was definitely a weekly event for me and my friends.

I know right? Trying to come with a reason to be up at 6:30 am on saturdays so you don't miss the action starting at 7. I was always glued to the tv with bowl of cereal till noon. After school on weekdays wasn't any different. My mom was always recording her soaps and Oprah while she was at work so I had to check out my shows right then.

Back