Ultra Street Fighter 4... UGH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in my day we paid full price for "additions" like these and WE LIKED IT!

You kids nowadays are spoiled. $15 is nothing for this and the competitive fighting community should love this.

Lol, that's old Evo footage from the championships...not a reaction for the new sf trailer.

People talking about the "old days of Capcom greatness". Ummmmmm... remember the tons of updates to SFII and SFIII? This milking isn't anything new.

You guys may not realize it but the fighting game community has been asking for an update and Capcom is delivering. You won't understand this decision unless you were part of the community. An update to a game changes so much for the scene (tournament results, new tactics, etc.) .

I have to keep stressing it but this game is not aimed at the guys who are just casual players who play arcade mode for a day and stop playing.

People talking about the "old days of Capcom greatness". Ummmmmm... remember the tons of updates to SFII and SFIII? This milking isn't anything new.

You guys may not realize it but the fighting game community has been asking for an update and Capcom is delivering. You won't understand this decision unless you were part of the community. An update to a game changes so much for the scene (tournament results, new tactics, etc.) .

I have to keep stressing it but this game is not aimed at the guys who are just casual players who play arcade mode for a day and stop playing.

I only had one version of SFII, New Challengers. You go and buy the same game again for the 5th time :wave

I only had one version of SFII, New Challengers. You go and buy the same game again for the 5th time :wave

Huh. No need to be a **** man. I'm just trying to put it into perspective for you. I guess spending $15 on DLC is considered buying a new game?

Huh. No need to be a **** man. I'm just trying to put it into perspective for you. I guess spending $15 on DLC is considered buying a new game?

People talking about the "old days of Capcom greatness".

How about you just call me out instead of calling me "people."

Keep funding the Capcom Milk Farm.

You keep talking about the FGC. I equate those to Pokemon Card Tournaments.

Alright enough arguing. I just wish Capcom would stop taking 5 years to put out a complete game.

I wouldn't mind them actually taking 5 years to put out a game. Rather have a well thought out game than a rushed mess.

That's what all the SFIV variants has been. I can give them a pass with the Genesis SNES generation since it's not like they had a lot to work with like today's standards. But c'mon, it's the 21st century. It shouldn't take a sequel to add one or two extra characters in it...

Well I will stand up for the "good old days of Capcom greatness." How many versions of Mega Man 2 were released? One. Did we need it to be re-released with changes to enemy difficulties on different levels or whatnot? Heck no. Why? Because they put out the effort to get it right first time out. Now, the whole mentality behind making games is different. Companies are actually incentivized to release games that aren't fully realized and need tweaking, because by doing so they leave the door open for more sales down the road.

Right. DLC is the bane of gaming. In the end, it's going to cost 300$ to get a complete SFIV game.

That's what all the SFIV variants has been. I can give them a pass with the Genesis SNES generation since it's not like they had a lot to work with like today's standards. But c'mon, it's the 21st century. It shouldn't take a sequel to add one or two extra characters in it...

*5 characters. It's frustrating to put it into perspective for a person not versed in FG's (not trying to be offensive) but balancing takes a hell of a long time. They're also play testing the game and getting fan feedback so nothing overpowered is left in the game.

*5 characters. It's frustrating to put it into perspective for a person not versed in FG's (not trying to be offensive) but balancing takes a hell of a long time. They're also play testing the game and getting fan feedback so nothing overpowered is left in the game.

Well I was just giving an example of how little you get when you buy a repackaged game. I personally think the fighting genre is over. The 90's was all about 2D fighters. I think if Capcom left a few years in between games it would be better recieved. I understand balancing and what have you. But I think Namco handles Soul Calibur and Tekken much better since when you get a new release, it's an entire new game albeit on the same engine to a degree.

I'm not a Tekken/Soul Calibur fanboy nor am I Street Fighter fanboy (used to be) I just think Capcom needs to get their priorities straight and stop releasing games in dribs and drabs. The 90's were a different time, it shouldn't be the business model for the entire franchise...

Well I was just giving an example of how little you get when you buy a repackaged game. I personally think the fighting genre is over. The 90's was all about 2D fighters. I think if Capcom left a few years in between games it would be better recieved. I understand balancing and what have you. But I think Namco handles Soul Calibur and Tekken much better since when you get a new release, it's an entire new game albeit on the same engine to a degree.

I'm not a Tekken/Soul Calibur fanboy nor am I Street Fighter fanboy (used to be) I just think Capcom needs to get their priorities straight and stop releasing games in dribs and drabs. The 90's were a different time, it shouldn't be the business model for the entire franchise...

I would agree with you about the "dribs and drabs" part if no one wanted it. But people in the FGC do want it lol. Playing the same game for 5 years without anything new would kind of be dull. This is just Capcom's way of breathing new life into a old game.

Now from a casual perspective. Yeah this is probably the most scummy thing Capcom could do lol. But again, I have to say this isn't aimed at gamers like you.

Well yeah I'm not the fighting game nutjob like I was when I was a kid. I don't mind rehashed games, but 4 of them? I think at least one is definitely merited.

I'm old enough to remember a time before Street Fighter. Yes, there actually was a Capcom before Street Fighter.

You can buy arcade edition (which is a complete game) for $20 now and get the DLC when it comes out for $15..........

"Now" is the key there. It wasn't $20 when it came out. Neither was the original release. It's a given that junkies are going to pay any amount of money they have to so they can get their fix and smile while they do it, but I'd imagine the average gamer has the advantage of not being too attached to say no.

Has Capcom ever done a season pass type of thing for their games? They of all companies should. Buy the original release and pre pay for the inevitable milking ahead of time with a slight discount.

Back