Ultra Street Fighter 4... UGH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! You misunderstood me.
I guess that's my fault. I should have quoted the post I was responding too.

I'm saying, fighting games are here to stay and is not dieing-off... despite the fact that I'm not good at fighting games. :lol

Don't worry man. I understood your post. :wink1:

If you want better storytelling in fighting games Persona 4 arena and Blazblue is what you need. Other than that stories are not what people buy fighting games for. I can't even tell you the last time I have finished a story in a fighting game...but really there a huge audience for this genre. Not FPS big, but it is still big. You won't see Fighting games go as mainstream as FPS ever. The learning curve is way to high for some people that just want to jump in and be good and that is why FPS is popular. It is a much easier genre to just jump in and do decent.

Agreed, fighting games have a steep learning curve that will discourage most casual players when they find out how hard it is to master it. Playing the game is not just about using special moves & super moves to knock out your opponent.

Example: You can master all of Ryu's special moves in one day Hadouken, hurricane kicks. But can you master all the FADC combos, cancels, footsies? High level play is beyond special moves & takes a long time to master. This is what makes the Fighting Game Community coming back for more.

I play like a scrub, but I keep practicing SSFIV because I wanna be good and have clock in more hours than any other games.

The fighting game genre is still going strong and will be here to stay for a long time.

No need,its a fighting game and everybodys story has pretty much been established. However Id be down for some more SF animated movies.

I wouldn't say that necessarily. We all know the characters sure, but if had a story mode like MK9 I think the story wouldn't be so flatly told. I think story along the way instead of story only in the beginning and the end would have a bigger attachment to the characters.

If you want better storytelling in fighting games Persona 4 arena and Blazblue is what you need. Other than that stories are not what people buy fighting games for. I can't even tell you the last time I have finished a story in a fighting game...but really there a huge audience for this genre. Not FPS big, but it is still big. You won't see Fighting games go as mainstream as FPS ever. The learning curve is way to high for some people that just want to jump in and be good and that is why FPS is popular. It is a much easier genre to just jump in and do decent.

Haven't played Persona but I have played Blazblue and I really liked it. When I think about it, the fighting game genre was way bigger than FPS in the 90's. It was all about Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat back then.

I wouldn't say that necessarily. We all know the characters sure, but if had a story mode like MK9 I think the story wouldn't be so flatly told. I think story along the way instead of story only in the beginning and the end would have a bigger attachment to the characters.

Haven't played Persona but I have played Blazblue and I really liked it. When I think about it, the fighting game genre was way bigger than FPS in the 90's. It was all about Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat back then.

Id go for that, I thought MK was very well done.

This is still without a doubt the best game to film adaption IMO.

2nu639k.jpg

If you liked blazblue check out p4. Also the 90s is what kind of kind of killed the fighting genre for awhile. So many fighting games were comin out it was flooding the market so after there not being a good fighting game for awhile that's when capcom put out sf4 and changed everything around IMO.

If you liked blazblue check out p4. Also the 90s is what kind of kind of killed the fighting genre for awhile. So many fighting games were comin out it was flooding the market so after there not being a good fighting game for awhile that's when capcom put out sf4 and changed everything around IMO.

I know exactly what you're talking about. That rush of games kinda took the flavor out of it. So many games wanted to tag onto the MK and SFII gravy train. I think Tekken hung in there and I think for a time went over SF since Capcom was only releasing anthology editions. I remember when Tekken 4 hit arcades, it was hugely popular. But what do you expect when you don't release a "new" game for years and years?

I hope SFV takes a serious tone, I'd like to see it more mature. The SFII Animated Movie was way more mature than the actual game and that's why I love it so.

EDIT: I was just thinking how much I played Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 in the Arcade :lol

The fight between Chun-Li and Vega was intense! Everytime I watch that scene I have that feeling like there is a real sense of urgency that Chun-Li is fighting for her life!

:exactly:

When she rushes him before she passes out and kicks him through the wall is one of the best scenes in the film.

Nice! https://www.polygon.com/2013/7/15/4...aws-record-numbers-on-twitch-with-1-7-million Fighting games are easily the hypest game to watch at a big tournament. Not even SC2 can top the insanely awesome matches. If anybody didn't catch Evo this year go back and watch the Justin Wong and Chris G UMVC3 match. Holy ****.

I don't know where the archives are so don't ask me lol but I'm sure they are maybe on Youtube? I need to go back and watch those matches they were so good.

Nice! https://www.polygon.com/2013/7/15/4...aws-record-numbers-on-twitch-with-1-7-million Fighting games are easily the hypest game to watch at a big tournament. Not even SC2 can top the insanely awesome matches. If anybody didn't catch Evo this year go back and watch the Justin Wong and Chris G UMVC3 match. Holy ****.

I don't know where the archives are so don't ask me lol but I'm sure they are maybe on Youtube? I need to go back and watch those matches they were so good.

I was definitely hype watching it. Even if it ended in a timeout. You guys should watch PR Balrog Vs Infiltration Part 1 and 2.

Yeah, fighting games are fun to watch. Its funny that I dont have any desire to play them though.

I was definitely hype watching it. Even if it ended in a timeout. You guys should watch PR Balrog Vs Infiltration Part 1 and 2.

I'm kind of dissapointed that Infiltration didn't take the win again this year. He is by far my favorite SF player to watch. Man did you see his match with Laugh? I don't know what happened between those two but damn its kind of sad. Those two were insanely close and the other night it looked like they hated eachother and could barely sit next to one another.

I'm kind of dissapointed that Infiltration didn't take the win again this year. He is by far my favorite SF player to watch. Man did you see his match with Laugh? I don't know what happened between those two but damn its kind of sad. Those two were insanely close and the other night it looked like they hated eachother and could barely sit next to one another.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Complete silence. Yeah there is a bunch of gossip on SRK forums about it but apparently something happened. Pretty awkward since they had a strong Bromance lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Complete silence. Yeah there is a bunch of gossip on SRK forums about it but apparently something happened. Pretty awkward since they had a strong Bromance lol.

The Bromance was HUGE :lol The way Infiltration just walked away I was like :monkey2

Back