Ultra Street Fighter 4... UGH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Now" is the key there. It wasn't $20 when it came out. Neither was the original release. It's a given that junkies are going to pay any amount of money they have to so they can get their fix and smile while they do it, but I'd imagine the average gamer has the advantage of not being too attached to say no.

Has Capcom ever done a season pass type of thing for their games? They of all companies should. Buy the original release and pre pay for the inevitable milking ahead of time with a slight discount.

All the Resident Evils as far as I know have offered nothing whatsoever.

Well I was just giving an example of how little you get when you buy a repackaged game. I personally think the fighting genre is over. The 90's was all about 2D fighters. I think if Capcom left a few years in between games it would be better recieved. I understand balancing and what have you. But I think Namco handles Soul Calibur and Tekken much better since when you get a new release, it's an entire new game albeit on the same engine to a degree.

I'm not a Tekken/Soul Calibur fanboy nor am I Street Fighter fanboy (used to be) I just think Capcom needs to get their priorities straight and stop releasing games in dribs and drabs. The 90's were a different time, it shouldn't be the business model for the entire franchise...

:rotfl:slap The fighting genre is HUGE right now. Do you actually pay attention to the fgc? There was what 130k watching Evo yesterday? The genre is not even being close to being over. There are still plenty of 2d fighting games as well. Guilty Gear is putting out a brand new game which looks ****ing sick so far. Persona 4 Arena as well as Blazblue are all great games. Also I'm not sure if you played the last SC but it was complete *** hence nobody plays it anymore. It wasn't even featured at Evo and Tekken I believe was a one day tournament there as well. Unless they changed things since I wouldn't know because I'm not a fan of Tekken. People were asking for this update. Combofiend who is an amazing player works for Capcom and he has been getting feedback from the community. This isn't all Capcom. SF AE right now needs balancing and that takes a long time to get it right. Casual players might be pissed about it, but people who really play the game are very much welcoming this.

Were going to see another Marvel vs. Capcom 3 probably. Just keep pouring water into the empty milk carton...

We wont. They are basically done with that game. Ultimate will be the last MvC you will see for a good long time.

The fighting genre of video games is not going anywhere. This is coming from someone who despises all the button combinations and sequences you have to do to pull off the special moves.

The fighting genre of video games is not going anywhere. This is coming from someone who despises all the button combinations and sequences you have to do to pull off the special moves.

So......it's not getting anywhere because you're not good at fighting games?

:rotfl:slap The fighting genre is HUGE right now. Do you actually pay attention to the fgc? There was what 130k watching Evo yesterday? The genre is not even being close to being over. There are still plenty of 2d fighting games as well. Guilty Gear is putting out a brand new game which looks ****ing sick so far. Persona 4 Arena as well as Blazblue are all great games. Also I'm not sure if you played the last SC but it was complete *** hence nobody plays it anymore. It wasn't even featured at Evo and Tekken I believe was a one day tournament there as well. Unless they changed things since I wouldn't know because I'm not a fan of Tekken. People were asking for this update. Combofiend who is an amazing player works for Capcom and he has been getting feedback from the community. This isn't all Capcom. SF AE right now needs balancing and that takes a long time to get it right. Casual players might be pissed about it, but people who really play the game are very much welcoming this.

:exactly::goodpost: SFIV is still hot as hell. There will always be a strong fanbase for the series. More characters the better. Cannot wait for this!

All the rebalances is fine with me, as long as they are adding the extra characters. Was really hoping to see Alex and Urien this time though. Wish they would have added subtitles last night for Ono because I couldn't understand a single word he was saying.

I don't see the games being really anymore difficult than 10 years ago. I just can't be alone in thinking that the genre doesn't have the same heat anymore like it did 20 years ago.

I don't see the games being really anymore difficult than 10 years ago. I just can't be alone in thinking that the genre doesn't have the same heat anymore like it did 20 years ago.

Online gaming killed the arcade scene but there are twice as many players now as there were in the "dark ages". I think the games aren't made as well as they were but I've learned to accept that and just try to have fun. Still spend most of my time playing 3S though.

The game has more heat these days imo. Streams/online made the genre HUGE compared to what it used to be which was more of a underground/arcade experience. I think you are feeling more nostalgic then anything. The games are way bigger and will just keep getting bigger. I mean 130k viewers for what used to be a niche genre is a big thing + the thousands of people actually there.

I was just calling out that dude for saying something so ignorant.

I can definitely see anyone thinking that if they haven't been to a tournament major. But if you go to one it'll change your viewpoint for sure. The amount of excitement and hype at a major tournament like EVO is like no other. Just a little suggestion to go if you're ever curious.

Online gaming killed the arcade scene but there are twice as many players now as there were in the "dark ages". I think the games aren't made as well as they were but I've learned to accept that and just try to have fun. Still spend most of my time playing 3S though.

Yeah when you think Street Fighter, Arcade came to mind but that is completely dead at this point. I think with better storytelling, they would captivate a better audience.

Ha! You misunderstood me.
I guess that's my fault. I should have quoted the post I was responding too.

I'm saying, fighting games are here to stay and is not dieing-off... despite the fact that I'm not good at fighting games. :lol

I was just calling out that dude for saying something so ignorant.

I can definitely see anyone thinking that if they haven't been to a tournament major. But if you go to one it'll change your viewpoint for sure. The amount of excitement and hype at a major tournament like EVO is like no other. Just a little suggestion to go if you're ever curious.

I'll be going to EVO next year. I've been to more tournaments than I can count though. It's a marathon and I hate waiting around to play, but I got some good tech. Especially some tech that Haitani should have used against PR Balrog last night. I main both Rog and Mak so I was pulling my hair out. You can tell they don't play against each character often. Japan sees little Balrog play and the US sees little Makoto play.

Feel free to add me on XBL for games:
Gamertag: AnthonyInVA

I would but Im only rockin the PS3 these days.

The game has more heat these days imo. Streams/online made the genre HUGE compared to what it used to be which was more of a underground/arcade experience. I think you are feeling more nostalgic then anything. The games are way bigger and will just keep getting bigger. I mean 130k viewers for what used to be a niche genre is a big thing + the thousands of people actually there.

Yeah those tourneys are something else. Id like to attend one at least once in my life. Energy is always out the roof!

Yeah when you think Street Fighter, Arcade came to mind but that is completely dead at this point. I think with better storytelling, they would captivate a better audience.

No need,its a fighting game and everybodys story has pretty much been established. However Id be down for some more SF animated movies.

If you want better storytelling in fighting games Persona 4 arena and Blazblue is what you need. Other than that stories are not what people buy fighting games for. I can't even tell you the last time I have finished a story in a fighting game...but really there a huge audience for this genre. Not FPS big, but it is still big. You won't see Fighting games go as mainstream as FPS ever. The learning curve is way to high for some people that just want to jump in and be good and that is why FPS is popular. It is a much easier genre to just jump in and do decent.

Interesting thread. I agree with the comments that back up the fighting game genre. I've never played a game more on my PS3 than SF4AE. That pretty much goes for any console that I've ever owned, including the arcade. I still visit the local arcade every now and then and every SF game is being played. Everyone is challenging each other and having a blast. Also, most (if not all) of my PSN friends still play SF4AE and this $15 update is going to be sweet!

That being said, I can understand where casual gamers can feel that this is another let down by Capcom. But, for the rest of us.. HYPE!!! :rock

Back